GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

2020 Golf Balls

GoDeacs ·  
GoDeacsGoDeacs Members  18WRX Points: 7Posts: 18 Bunkers

What's everyone hitting? My daughter just turned 8. Spin on approach shots and around the greens is becoming more of a premium vs. distance. Any suggestions? Currently using Callaway SuperSoft.

Posted:

Comments

• MB19MB19 Members  117WRX Points: 97Posts: 117 Fairways

We're using Srixon Q-Star Tour season 2 and 3, and Taylormade Project (a).

The nine-year-old we played with yesterday used Pro V1, and man could she spin it with her wedges.

The other girl in our group was using a USKG ball, which really launched off the drive.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1280WRX Points: 679Posts: 1,280 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

• Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  488WRX Points: 215Posts: 488 Greens

My daughter is 12 and we have been using the TP5. Our pro told us to try the new Bridgestone ball and we did. I wasn’t impressed enough with it to make a change. He also wants us to try the new chrome soft. It is supposed to be totally redesigned so we may try it. Right now I don’t see myself going away from the TP5

Posted:
  • Kcct82Kcct82 Members  336WRX Points: 221Posts: 336 Greens

Gonna continue to use the new project (a) until the refurbished practice bucket is empty.

Posted:
  • darter79darter79 Members  896WRX Points: 311Posts: 896 Golden Tee

Test them. Go buy a bunch of random balls. Prov1/TP5/XS/RSX ect and have her test it from the green backwards. Putting feel is the most important thing. At her age I would argue that distance is more important than spin. My daughter is 9 and the yardage they play is very short. But you should be able to get a ball that is long but has enough spin to hold greens. What is her current ball?

Posted:
  • GoDeacsGoDeacs Members  18WRX Points: 7Posts: 18 Bunkers

We've been using Callaway SuperSoft and will use the Taylor Made Kalea sometimes as well. Like you the yardage is very short in most tournaments so looking for something that better holds the greens as they are pretty firm in NC right now.

Posted:

Advertisement

Try the RXS, TM Tour Response if you are looking for a softer ball with some spin. I live in Texas all we have is baked out firm greens. Anything urethane will give the kid added short game spin.

Posted:
  • hangontighthangontight Members  752WRX Points: 207Posts: 752 Golden Tee

Anyone try the new 2020 AVX? Was clearly the longest for us last year, but spin around green was a little to low so went with TP5 most of year. New 2020 AVX supposed to have more greenside spin (but same low driver spin ----magic!). We'll test a sleeve, but curious to see if anyone else plays it. Son is 9.

Posted:

I have limited testing of the 2020 AVX. For me hard to say if its greatly improved because is her wedge skill has greatly improved but it does seem to have better green side spin in the three rounds she played with it. She hit some bombs with that ball too.

Posted:
  • BisonpitcherBisonpitcher Members  27WRX Points: 25Posts: 27 Bunkers

My 10 yr old son loves the Srixon Z-Star. We tried quite a few different balls before we settled on that one for him. Good bite on greens. Good distance for him as well, but I'm not sure if it would be a good fit for your daughter's swing speed.

Posted:
  • hangontighthangontight Members  752WRX Points: 207Posts: 752 Golden Tee

Been playing 2020 AVX over last few weeks and in tmnt. Impressive greenside spin. Cant recall any instance that any lack of spin hurt. Still stuck between prov1x and avx.

Posted:

Advertisement

I'm know to throw a prov1x on a par 3 when needed. But with the 2020 avx I can't say it spins that much less for her. Stops quick enough. Now once we get to state at the TPC that might change or at worlds I might adjust if I feel spin isn't enough. Previous version of avx I did notice a lack of spin.

Posted:
  • SullyForgedSullyForged Members  28WRX Points: 47Posts: 28 Bunkers

My ten year old plays the Gamer Urethane. When they were closing them out at $7/dozen we bought ten dozen. It’s long enough, soft enough, and spins plenty around the green.

Posted:
  • Tannerbug33Tannerbug33 Members  168WRX Points: 85Posts: 168 Fairways

Prov1x. Love the spin and long off the tee

Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1872WRX Points: 1,206Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,872 Platinum Tees

Honma 6 layer ball is pretty sweet.

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.