MACHINE Demo Putters

Comments

• snkstaffsnkstaff Members  890WRX Points: 0Posts: 890
    any update on these? Will it be any time in the near future?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DCIGUYDCIGUY Members  424WRX Points: 0Posts: 424
    Those putters look great, if you need another tester, PM me, I am very interested. Thanks,
    Posted:
  • choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10361WRX Points: 102Posts: 10,361 Titanium Tees
    When I was at the Studio they were getting boxed up. Should be any time now.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
  • bogeydogbogeydog Members  257WRX Points: 0Posts: 257
    So since the dropout of a few testers, what are the new lists?
    Posted:
  • choeppnerchoeppner Blue Ridge, GACharter Members  10361WRX Points: 102Posts: 10,361 Titanium Tees
    Here is where we stand on the Machine Demo Putters as of 9:40 pm Eastern:

Putter #1 - Transit

Matt Huber

MTH1081

STEVEL1

Putter #2 - Member Recieved 18 August 08

MEPTING

BRAN

MR67

Putter #3 - Member Recieved 18 August 08

Skinny99

Msaturnus

THEGOLFCLUBDUDE

Putter #4 - Transit

Snkstaff

Bogeydog

W8LIFTR

Puter #5 - Transit

Benarrington

MacMia

Teamartic

Putter #6 - Transit

Harley Pittbull 1

CowboynJungle1

Tiki

Putter #7

SHAGSHOW

VANLA01

EYEVAN

Putter #8

Scotchblade

WSC04FOREVER

OPEN

As you can see, 2 of the members have recieved theirs already image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':jester:' /> I have a slot fo 1 last Right Handed Tester.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
    All 24 slots are now filled.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4494WRX Points: 466Posts: 4,494 Titanium Tees
    Will these "Demo" putters be available to those of us that want to... try before I buy?

If so,

1. how do I get on this list, and

2. how do I specify the putter I want to demo?

BirdieBob
    Posted:

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

TITLEIST TS4 Driver, 9.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA 60X

CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X

CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5 90g X

TAYLORMADE P790 UDI, #2, 18*, Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid, 102X

TAYLORMADE P•7TW, 4 - PW, DG TI x100....Summer Set

TAYLORMADE '19 P790, 4 - AW, DG AMT WHITE x100....Winter Set

VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/8F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX

BETTINARDI `20 Limited Edition Queen B #5 Black Series Putter, w/QB Black HC

SCOTTY Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter, w/SC Black CircleT HC

NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black

SUN MOUNTAIN `20 Tour Series Bag, Black

STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black

The list right now is full. That being said, once these testers are done, I will see abou startng another program.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
    Hey Guys.

These putters shipped today:

Matt Huber - tracking # 1Z4F50000399468920 , DELIVER BY END OF DAY 8-22-08

Adam Stafford - tracking # 1Z4F50000197150314 , DELIVER BY END OF DAY 8-22-08

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
  • SteveL1SteveL1 St. Louis, MOMembers  1413WRX Points: 110Handicap: 4.8 Posts: 1,413 Platinum Tees
    Alright! Putter #1 is on the road. Problem now is that Matt Huber or MTH1081 will probably fall in love with it and it will never end up reaching me.
    Posted:
    Hey Everyone,

Update Time image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The remaining 4 Demo Putters have SHIPPED!!!! We sent them UPS 2 day in order for you to have them Friday image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Here is the tracking info:

These demo program putters shipped today :

FORD SHACKLETT TRACKING # 1Z4F50000296994609

JEREMY PHILLIPS TRACKING # 1Z4F50000296821590

BENJAMIN ARRINGTON TRACKING # 1Z4F50000296714385

PETER KUPCHICK TRACKING # 1Z4F50000295908972

Appreciate It Guys,

-Chris
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SteveL1SteveL1 St. Louis, MOMembers  1413WRX Points: 110Handicap: 4.8 Posts: 1,413 Platinum Tees
    Chris, You gonna show us some pictures of what we're waiting for or do you want it to be a surprise?
    Posted:
    Surprise. I like to hear peoples reactions when they open the box. Haven't had a bad comment yet about that image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris
    Posted:
    Okay, All the 1st round testers have messaged me and they are finishing up their trial. Putters should be shipped to the 2nd person in each grouping starting this week, and moving into this weekend.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
  • eyevaneyevan Members  41WRX Points: 0Posts: 41
    Sounds great can't wait. I've been looking into getting a new putter for sometime now, and I can't wait to try out the new contestants image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' />

A & C for me too Thanks for the opportunity
    Posted:
  • MSaternusMSaternus Members  572WRX Points: 0Posts: 572
    AGH!!! I can't wait another week! I'm dying to demo this putter so I can get my order just right.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    MSaternus wrote on Sep 4 2008, 01:34 PM:
    AGH!!! I can't wait another week! I'm dying to demo this putter so I can get my order just right.

Todd shipped your putter to you today image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> I just got the PM from him with the tracking number image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

-Chris
    Posted:
  • skinny99skinny99 Skinny99 ClubWRX  1315WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,315
    choeppner wrote on Sep 4 2008, 08:25 PM:
    MSaternus wrote on Sep 4 2008, 01:34 PM:

Todd shipped your putter to you today image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon2:' /> I just got the PM from him with the tracking number image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

-Chris

I just sent the putter out today and didn't want to let it go. I really like the way this putter rolled the ball,the face milling seemed to make the ball hold it's line very well. I installed the fatback flange to play my last three rounds and really like the way it looks. The fit and finish were excellent and Chris(choeppner) was a cool to deal with. I would highly recommend getting a Machine to anyone looking right now. Thanks Todd
    Posted:
    Alright MTH1081, Chris told me that you were going to ship your demo to me one day this week. I feel like an excpectant father waiting for this! Give me an idea of when I can expect to see it so I can make sure my wife does not hide the box. She some how thinks that golf club boxes arriving cuts in to "quality time".
    Posted:
  • scotchbladescotchblade Members  2385WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,385
    I am ready to ship tomorrow. I'm not sure of the details on method and where to find the shipping info for the next person on the list. I'm FORD SHACKLETT TRACKING # 1Z4F50000296994609.

Chris, please advise. I will also PM you.

Really enjoyed the Machine putter. My SS came with the standard, fatback and tongue flange and an assortment of weights. Mostly I used it with the fatback. It is easy to swap them out, just two screws. Careful taking out the weights, I broke one of the little prongs on the toolbit and a replacement was quickly shipped and received. I did not feel like I was using excessive force, it just snapped off, so easy does it!

I'm not great at putting feel into words. All I can say is the Fatback config looked good at address, set up well and was solid feeling during the stroke. I really don't know what the headweight is, but it was hefty. The putter put a very nice roll on the ball and had a softish feel at impact, not a hard click. I liked the impact feel and sound very much. The unique "Reverse Arch" grip, which has a slight curve in the opposite direction of your standard grip worked for me. Not sure who makes this grip, it reminded me a little of an Iomic in feel, but with the shape of a GP Dual Durometer.

Craftsmanship and milling is first rate, this is a quality product. I love all the options to mix and match materials and finishes, but it makes it hard to make a final decision. Machine putters are a little out of my comfort zone price wise, but that probably won't stop me.

Thanks Chris and all involved who made this possible.

Ford
    Posted:
    Thanks for the GREAT feedback so far guys. I really love hearing comments like these about our putters.

The issue on the Bits is being resolved as we speak. I appreciate the Testers honest feedback on what could be done to better improve them.

I'm looking forward to hearing more comments as the testing program continues.

Thanks to everyone who is participating in this Demo Program.

-Chris Hoeppner
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mth1081mth1081 Members  563WRX Points: 0Posts: 563
    SteveL1 wrote on Sep 4 2008, 08:45 PM:
    Alright MTH1081, Chris told me that you were going to ship your demo to me one day this week. I feel like an excpectant father waiting for this! Give me an idea of when I can expect to see it so I can make sure my wife does not hide the box. She some how thinks that golf club boxes arriving cuts in to "quality time".

Hi,

I'll ship the putter out on Monday to you...I walked out of the house this morning and forgot it. I can ship it from my company first thing Monday so you should have it on Wednesday next week.

Its a good looking putter and you will be in love with it!!
    Posted:
  • PurePursuit PurePursuit Members  2237WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,237
    I was asked to post this reply to Chris via PM. I'll have a formal review up soon enough, but so far this putter is absolutely money. There is an issue with the bit which as Chris mentioned is being resolved.

"Hey Chris,

I received the tool yesterday, thanks so much that was some response! My knock on the grip was the feel, but after my rounds this weekend I can certainly say it didn't effect performance in the least. This putter puts an excellent roll on the ball (Face milling certainly enhances this), and I haven't had a day on the greens like this weekend in a while. I didn't three put once this weekend, dropped 2 bombs in over 30 feet, and was pretty much money 8 feet and in. Had only one issue with a wicked lag putt (shouldn't have put it on that part of the green anyways), but soon figured out the proper feel. What a great putter, I can't wait to configure the weights on this one and try and improve its performance. I'm quite impressed!

Thanks again.

-Peter"
    Posted:
  • snkstaffsnkstaff Members  890WRX Points: 0Posts: 890
    My demo was sent out today. The UPS tracking number is 1z3e680y0361722684. I did not get a whole bunch of time with the putter. I recieved right after by club sanded and airified the greens. I really like the convertability of the putter. I als had problems with the bits and also broke the tool for the weights. But I recieved a new tool two days later which was quick. You guys will love this putter
    Posted:
    Everyone,

If you are one of the members that is next in line, please e-mail me your shipping address to [email protected] so that we can streamline the shipping time in between each member.

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:
    Here is where we stand as of right now:

Putter #1 -

STEVEL1 - In Transit to this member

Putter #2 -

MR67 - In Transit To This Member

Putter #3 -

Msaturnus - In Transit to this member

THEGOLFCLUBDUDE

Putter #4 -

Bogeydog - In Transit to this member

W8LIFTR

Puter #5 -

MacMia - In Transit to this member

Teamartic

Putter #6 -

CowboynJungle1 - In Transit to this member

Tiki

Putter #7

SHAGSHOW - Finishing up Evaluation

VANLA01

EYEVAN

Putter #8

Scotchblade

WSC04FOREVER - Waiting on Address for this member

-Chris
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    just received the putter from scotchblade and am looking forward to testing this baby out, thanks for the hat and let me know who i should ship it to next, ill also leave a detailed review
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow 75x
    Titleist 906F2 15* Proforce V2 85x
    TaylorMade M3 17* Tensei Blue 80x
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Juno
    Vessel Cart Bag
  • PurePursuit PurePursuit Members  2237WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,237
    UPS guy just picked up the putter so its on its way.
    Posted:
    Wsc04forever wrote on Sep 12 2008, 03:48 PM:
    just received the putter from scotchblade and am looking forward to testing this baby out, thanks for the hat and let me know who i should ship it to next, ill also leave a detailed review

Glad you got the putter alright image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />

Thanks

-Chris
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Mine arrived Wednesday and when I opened the box I just about fainted. It's gorgeous! My wife even commented on the face milling and overall quality and for her to take any interest at all in a golf club is a very big deal!

I've tried just about every combination of backs at least three times and can not decide which I like the most. Only used is on the Boomerang in the basement so far but plan on getting it on a real green tomorrow weather permiting.

Oh, and for those interested in weight combinations, I've had this one all the way from a D6 to an F1 swing weight. I am keeping lots of notes and will try to post some pictues and a review in a few days if I can lay it down long enough.

Chris, thanks again for puting this program together and let me know who the lucky person is that I am to send it to when I'm finished in about a month. Just kidding!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.