GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Legit Check Scotty Cameron T22 Teryllium Newport II (35”)

TrVumVtic ·  
TrVumVticTrVumVtic Members  16WRX Points: 7Posts: 16 Bunkers

Looking to see if this ones fake, noticed a few inconsistencies and wanted to double check. It’s my first Scotty so I want to be sure it’s legitimate. Shaft band, grip and sole of the putter all look good when compared to one I know is real so I didn’t bother adding those.

Notice the sub-par silicone application/clean-up in the cavity

Also what looks like some tarnishing that won’t come out, looks like someone’s oily fingerprints were left uncleaned for a long period maybe?

Included a few more photos for authenticity, noticed some off stitching on the TeI3 border as well. Thanks in advance for any assistance everyone 😁

Posted:
Post edited by TrVumVtic on

Comments

• cardozacardoza Members  1235WRX Points: 133Handicap: +0.6Posts: 1,235 Platinum Tees

I think you're good. It was pretty well documented when they first came out that quality control wasn't great, so some of the silicone (not epoxy) not being perfect or other little things wouldn't concern me much.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM Max 9* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
    Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
    Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
    Titleist 718 AP2 3-PW - DG AMT White X100
    Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
    Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TrVumVticTrVumVtic Members  16WRX Points: 7Posts: 16 Bunkers

Corrected to silicone, thanks. Other than the small things it seems ok, would there be a way to even out that silicone without damaging the cavity? It’s driving my ocd nuts..

Posted:
  • MalcMalc Members  298WRX Points: 73Posts: 298 Greens

I'm no Scotty expert at all but the inconsistency in those dimples would worry me, aswell as the silicone. Yours may be good, it would take an expert to tell but i'd be hassling the bloke you bought it off to see his proof of purchase. There's some good fakes out there now, a fair few on the P7TW irons also.

Posted:

I haven’t purchased it yet actually, but the seller did just send me a receipt from golf town for the club and it’s got his name on it.

Posted:
  • MalcMalc Members  298WRX Points: 73Posts: 298 Greens

Should be all good then. Time to start rolling them in.

Posted:

Pretty much man, just need to clean up the silicone somehow. Guess I’ll post on another forum for that one..

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Dion1970Dion1970 Members  22WRX Points: 14Posts: 22 Bunkers

Hi. it’s legit. I have the fastback. The face looks identical to mine. I just did a close up compare.

Posted:

Thanks man, the silicone in the back cavity really put me off at first. The more I think about it though, I’m going to be gaming it so a couple of tiny imperfections isn’t really a big deal and they don’t affect performance.

Once I had the receipt and confirmed the serial and UPC with golf town I bought it.

Maybe a few years down the road when it’s showing some wear I’ll send it into the custom shop for a refurb, then it had better be perfect.

Posted:
  • Dion1970Dion1970 Members  22WRX Points: 14Posts: 22 Bunkers

Sounds great. Enjoy. It’s a great feeling putter.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.