I need help!!!! Questions relating to shafts

Harpo1125 ·  
Harpo1125Harpo1125 Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1 Starters

I am a 6 index. I have never been fitted for a club in my life. I have the Epic flash driver. I don’t hit a very high ball, I usually have a lot of top spin, 110-115 swing speed and I usually hit long drives. What is a good shaft for me? What should I be looking for when buying?

Posted:

Comments

• puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ FloridaMembers  5472WRX Points: 508Handicap: 6Posts: 5,472 Titanium Tees

Embrace the tech, unless you are a buyer based on what looks good, there is no way to suggest what shaft will work optimally for your individual swing characteristics. Its that simple. Take the time, get fit.

Posted:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Red4282Red4282 Members  890WRX Points: 363Posts: 890 Golden Tee

Based on that information alone its impossible to make shaft suggestions. You said “topspin” not sure if that was error but thats impossible. If your hitting it low and not enough spin the best thing you can do is loft up.

Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  2975WRX Points: 708Handicap: 6Posts: 2,975 Titanium Tees

I'm pretty similar in swing speed and handicap... What are you looking for your shaft to do? As someone has mentioned, topspin isn't a thing, backspin is... it's what keeps the ball in the air longer, but can also lead to ballooning... if your shots are going up to high, you want something with low loft and low spin. Personally, I tend to game Aldila shafts... I have the tour blue in my driver right now, have a Silver 110 at the golf shop getting a tip installed and have a RIPX on it's way from another member... I"m always looking to lower flight and spin.

At your speed and skill, you just want to make sure it's a shaft that feels good and you are confident in. Personally, I like my shafts to have more weight (65+ grams) to fee comfortable with them. It probably costs me some speed, but I'd rather have a shaft I like...

If you go to a good retailer, they will have tons of options to try... Try different shafts and see if there is something you fall in love with... either get that or figure out what you like about it and find a cheaper version... Shaft prices go from cheap to crazy pretty quickly. .. but the right shaft will last through multiple heads if you want it to.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• wcgolferwcgolfer Members  84WRX Points: 31Posts: 84 Fairways

Any shot with topspin would dive right into the turf within 10 feet of launch. No golf shot has topspin except perhaps for the dreaded topped ball.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.