***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Mavrik Triple Diamond

Comments

• My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

BTW- Not going to be nearly that windy tomorrow. 😅

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CallawayLeftyCallawayLefty Lefty Boomers  2073WRX Points: 172Posts: 2,073 Platinum Tees

Well I am a lefty so choices are more limited...after scouring eBay, I found a triple diamond EFSZ triple diamond to compare against my retail EFSZ and a Mavrik sub zero. The winner by a mile was the retail sub zero. I was trying to get rid of some right miss (hook for me) and the diamond definitely did it. But as a high swing speed higher spin player, I was leaving massive yardage on the table with the diamond. Mavrik wasn’t even close to in the discussion between the other two. But I guess I’ll be sticking with my trusty old retail EFSZ.

Numbers wise I would say:

-triple diamond spun 400 more

-triple diamond carried 10+ yards less

-triple diamond launched higher

-I wouldn’t say the diamond was immune to hooks, maybe just less hooky

I wanted very badly to like it, but it didn’t work.

Posted:
  • BankerBanker The SwampMembers  1173WRX Points: 186Handicap: 4Posts: 1,173 Platinum Tees

We played there on a golf trip that included Olympic, Presidio, Spyglass and Cypress and the Chardonnay Club was the 2nd best of that list!! That was years ago though, how is it holding up? That downhill par 3 with island tee boxes that cascaded down to an island green. That place was awesome

Posted:
  • blakehallblakehall Green Bay, WIMembers  124WRX Points: 88Handicap: 2.0Posts: 124 Fairways

Just ordered one of these. Hope to have it in hand later this week to see if can make the bag for my end of my season.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ TD, 10.5* Ventus Black
    Callaway EFSZ 17* 5W
    Callaway Apex Smoke 4-5 iron TT Elevate Tour Black
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 6-PW DG TI
    Callaway MD4 50*S / 54*S / 60*X DGTI
    Toulon Garage Santa Monica
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1325WRX Points: 233Posts: 1,325 Platinum Tees

So first round in the books and the MTD performed like a champ. Tight course, lots of carry obstacles and OB everywhere. We had about a 2 club wind most of the day. After the first hole nervousness (pulled left as I was trying to get it low into the wind) I hit it great. After the front 9 I felt really good about my swing and confident in the driver that I started to let it go. Had some nice bombs that pierced through the wind and ran when landing. Made a par 5 in 2 that was 545 and a ditch you had to clear on the 2nd shot (it’s about 75 yards in front of the green). I had 224 to the flag dead into after my drive. Missed the eagle putt but tap in birdie. Cannot wait to play my regular course to see my normal distances with the MTD.

Posted:
    Driver: Mavrik Triple Diamond 9*- Ventus Black 6X
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    Hybrid: TM SIM 19*  Gost X-Flex
    4i PXG Gen2 Utility Iron DG X100
    5-GW PXG Gen3 DG X100. (5 and 6 Players, 7-GW Tour)
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 54* bent to 55* SW
    Vokey SM8 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7S, 35inch
  • Hookasaurus RexHookasaurus Rex Purveyor of fine turf Members  1174WRX Points: 142Posts: 1,174 Platinum Tees

My Mavrik Triple D finally arrived today after ordering it on June 16th, haha. They were having issues with my order somehow. All I requested was 1/2” short and requested D3 SW. Obviously the SW request was not worked on- I ended up with two 8gr weights and total head weight of 195.1 grams- ordered a 12g weight to bring headweight up to 199-200 grams. I ended up getting a spec sticker on my 9* driver- real measured specs were 8.7* Loft, 57* Lie angle, and 195.1 g weight. I’m wondering if anybody else got a spec sheet with actual numbers? Thanks.

Posted:
    Callaway EF SZ Triple💎10.5*(-1D)/ Mavrik SZ Triple 💎9* (+1N) Aldila Copperhead 60TX
    TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    Taylormade p790 4-GW Project X LZ 6.0
    Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
    PXG🦇Attack Darkness 35” Limited/ Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

Advertisement
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members  1944WRX Points: 153Posts: 1,944 Platinum Tees

New to all this triple diamond.

had a chance to hit the Mavrik SZ today and really liked it. Having said that,

what does the Mavrik Triple Diamond offer that the regular Mavrik SZ Doesn’t?

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Accra TZ5
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    Ping Glide 3.0 52*
    Ping Glide 3.0 56*
    Bettinardi QB8
    WITB Link
  • danielwkelliherdanielwkelliher Members  262WRX Points: 100Posts: 262 Greens

More forgiving, more spin, more fade bias vs Retail SZ you hit.

Posted:

G410 LST - Diamana 60TX, Smoke Green 60 TX
    TS3 15.75 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    919 Tours 4-PW - Project X 6.0
    RTX4 - 50/54-60 - S400 TI
    Spider X Custom and T22 NP2

Wow. Triple diamond is more forgiving than its regular production counterpart?

that would def be beneficial to me.

Posted:
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Ping Glide 3.0 52*
    Ping Glide 3.0 56*
    Bettinardi QB8
    WITB Link
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members  865WRX Points: 204Posts: 865 Golden Tee

Don't forget the 'cyclone' aero shaping for more club head speed that they engineered out of the retail SZ.

Posted:
    Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
    TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
    PXG gen 2 17* Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
    PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
    PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
    PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
    Vokey SM7 60 S grind
    Newport 2 
  • MysteryVMysteryV Members  605WRX Points: 178Posts: 605 Golden Tee

Mine came yesterday. I requested the highest measured lofted 9 degree, so was pretty pleased to see the extra 0.4 degrees.

TA Serial (direct from Callaway), sticker, no dot (which I have to believe means it's non-conforming mega hot and will get me at least another 35 yards).

Jokes aside, I was thinking about this a little bit. A COR dot theoretically means you're either at max COR or below (assuming they don't sell the non-conforming heads that miss spec). If that's the case, it would seem likely that they keep the max COR heads for their tour players, and sell those that fall under. That would mean you want a non-dot head as it gives you a better chance of having max conforming COR (or plausible deniability if you get an extra hot head).

An alternative theory would be that the dot heads are all exactly at the upper end of the tolerance range after being tested, and sent out to specialty folks who serve competitive golfers, while the low COR heads have the dot removed and are resold. The idea here would be that they want the hottest heads in the competitive players hands for marketing / loyalty purposes.

Do I waste as much time thinking about meaningless stuff as I do money on golf equipment? I think we know the answer to that. Please don't judge. I thought we were in a safe place.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM Max w/ Ventus Blue "New Year's" edition
    3 Wood / 5 Wood / 4H: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH-89 GSS

Advertisement
  • AtlantaGolf3AtlantaGolf3 Members  56WRX Points: 47Posts: 56 Bunkers

I got a “non-dot” version as well. Same exact thoughts ran through my head. Crossing my fingers it’s the illegal version of the story 😂

Posted:

If anyone finds it doesn’t work out for them, please let me know as I’m wanting to try this head. Thanks. 🤣

Posted:
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Ping Glide 3.0 52*
    Ping Glide 3.0 56*
    Bettinardi QB8
    WITB Link
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  542WRX Points: 96Handicap: 7Posts: 542 Golden Tee

Has anyone compared this head to the sim? If so what have you noticed? Longer? Straighter?

Posted:
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members  796WRX Points: 221Posts: 796 Golden Tee

Yes, I find the SIM to be much more draw biased (even with the weight all the way in the toe) and the Triple D much more neutral with an easier ability to work it both ways. I have to work really hard to fade the SIM which is unnerving when trouble is left. Not certain about distance, need to get more testing in..........

The above is why I'm looking for a flatter lie angle, more open face angle SIM driver because its a really stable driver, I just need one that starts more right of my path with less right-to-left spin.......

I draw the ball which can turn into a hook when I get quick, so my SIM is a no-go but would be great for a fader or slicer that needs less........

Posted:
    Post edited by SMUGamer on
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  542WRX Points: 96Handicap: 7Posts: 542 Golden Tee

Thanks for the reply, I want your sim head as most guys are saying the sim is really fade biased for them. If the triple diamond is more fade biased I’m not sure it would be the right club for me, my stock ball flight is straight to slight fade with the sim max

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BankerBanker The SwampMembers  1173WRX Points: 186Handicap: 4Posts: 1,173 Platinum Tees

I haven’t found my td to be super fade biased. I actually think it’s the most neutral driver head I’ve hit in a long time.

I’m going to give it a go at a shade less than 44.75 from the 45.5 i was playing.

Posted:
  • vdelorenvdeloren Members  19WRX Points: 53Posts: 19 Bunkers

If anyone looking to sell 9 deg head I would be interested. Shoot me a PM.

Posted:
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members  865WRX Points: 204Posts: 865 Golden Tee

Ok, finally got out to hit my 9* with 2g and 14g weights. For reference, I am coming from the Standard Mav 9* turned down to 8* which i had no problem with other than it visually looked upright which I think psychologically made me do some weird compensations. Before that, I had the G410+ at 9*. The TripleD looks way less upright at address and sits perfect. With the heavy weight back, it swings and feels a lot like the G410+ which for me is a good thing. I would say the sound and feel on the Standard Mav was a bit richer and more rewarding, but only slightly and likely due to the weight configuration since the weight on the Standard Mav is only 5g. I'd imagine that moving the heavy weight up front or going with the 8g 8g setup like a lot have would alter the balance and feel of the club, but I am a weight in the back guy. The head is super stable and forgiving. Compared to the standard Mav and G410+, I would say the TripleD is actually more like the G410+, but more workable. The G410 just wants to go straight, the TripleD wants to go straight but with some curve. The standard Mav for me was really great, but maybe less predictable when trying to manipulate ball flight. I think the TripleD is great for someone that wants to hit certain shots, and is more predictable in a what-you-put-in-is-what-gets-put-out sort of feeling. For me, with a heavy weight in the back, it is the perfect combo of all the good things about the Standard Mav and the G410+ but with more predictable workability.

Posted:
    Mavrik TripleD 9* Tensei Pro White 60tx
    TS3 15*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
    PXG gen 2 17* Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
    PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
    PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
    PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
    Vokey SM7 60 S grind
    Newport 2 
  • 3wood3wood Members  556WRX Points: 142Posts: 556 Golden Tee

I just want to say that I love the mav sz but the td is about 7-10 yards longer. It’s a little more fade bias than I like. But it’s hard not to play a slight fade and hit it 10 yards past the sz. I couldn’t hit the flash td, constant pop ups. This is definitely a winner.

Posted:

Sigh. Hitting my G410 LST so good. Wish I didn’t stumble into this thread. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Posted:
    Ping G10 15* hybrid
    Ping G10 21* hybrid
    Ping Glide 3.0 52*
    Ping Glide 3.0 56*
    Bettinardi QB8
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • blakehallblakehall Green Bay, WIMembers  124WRX Points: 88Handicap: 2.0Posts: 124 Fairways

My 10.5 TD head showed up yesterday (no spec sticker, with testing dot, hot melt added to get up to 205g).

Took it out today for the morning skins game, with some limited range time playing with settings trying to find something that would work.

I definitely hit a few high floaty ones that faded more than I expected, but towards the end of the round I felt much more point and shoot.

The sound on this one is infinitely better than the Epic Flash SZ it's replacing.

I've got some new weights on the way, so I can go 7/9 or 8/8 instead of the 14/2. I played today with the 14g in the back, and launch was not a problem (but I'm glad it wasn't windy).

Once I get the weights dialed in, and get more familiar with the head in general I have a feeling we're going to get along just fine.

Posted:
    Callaway EFSZ 17* 5W

Hit the 3D today - range and round. Unfortunately I wasn't swinging my best - had a real bad case of the toes. General opinion is that it's very good, and reasonably forgiving (off the toe). Tough to tell if it's as long as my SIM Max, but it's definitely close.

Looks great at address. Great sound and feel - more classic than the SIM thud, but both are pretty stellar. Looking forward to getting some more time with it.

Posted:
  • Hookasaurus RexHookasaurus Rex Purveyor of fine turf Members  1174WRX Points: 142Posts: 1,174 Platinum Tees

I had my first outing with Mav TD 9*. I started out at stated loft (actual loft 8.7*). I ended up moving to +1 because I was sending them too low. My first impressions compared to the Epic Flash TD are that the Mav TD sounds and feels a good amount better and is not as fade biased. I like the color scheme better on the Mav. The rusty orange color matches the copper color on my Aldila Copperhead shaft perfectly, haha. I feel like my Epic TD was definitely longer though. Admittedly, I didn’t have my best stuff and the course seemed a little wet and it looked like the fwys hadn’t been mowed in ages. I hit a few that I definitely thought would be in the 290-305 range, but were more like 275-285. Also, the head weight is a little light compared to my Epic Flash TD (199-200g). I’m going to add weight to the head and definitely give it some more time. It sets up well, much the same as the Epic Flash TD. Both great drivers. Both very forgiving as well.

Posted:
    Callaway EF SZ Triple💎10.5*(-1D)/ Mavrik SZ Triple 💎9* (+1N) Aldila Copperhead 60TX
    TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    Taylormade p790 4-GW Project X LZ 6.0
    Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
    PXG🦇Attack Darkness 35” Limited/ Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

Switched the heavy weight to the front, and went -1/D on the adapter today. I felt like Phil out there... 💣 BOMBS 💣 (but in the fairway)

And, equally important, the sound is perfect (coming from a tinny EFSZ)

Posted:
    Callaway EFSZ 17* 5W

I was inspired to mess with the weight configuration but upon removal, found that I have two 8g weights. :/

Also, I'd like to try my Tour AD-TP shaft with the first gen Epic adapter. I've read that it works for drivers, but not for fairways / hybrids. Can anyone comment on the differences on the adapters and if it's perfectly fine / kinda fine / not ok - to use?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jdring12jdring12 Members  11WRX Points: 29Handicap: 5Posts: 11 Bunkers

are the faces the same depth? Between the SZ and TD

Posted:
  • radimanradiman Members  4895WRX Points: 418Handicap: 3.8Posts: 4,895 Titanium Tees

It should work fine. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same adapter.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • schimmelschimmel Members  53WRX Points: 82Posts: 53 Bunkers

What were weight configurations of the 3 during testing? How much weight is in the back of the EFSZ TD?- if it's significant enough you could take it out and move all the weight forward to drop some spin. I'm thinking of trying a TD if I think I can get similar spin numbers to my Sim.

Posted:

Advertisement

Replaced the rear 8g weight with a 12 gram weight for a long range session this evening. I'm pretty used to heavier swing weight clubs having played D6.5 irons until recently - so the extra 2 points felt pretty good and really seemed to help me load the shaft. Definitely starting to love the M3D as it just sounds SO solid versus the more muted SIM Max I've been playing. Definitely caught a few folks watching my session likely based on the sound of my strikes (though it could also be due to the 150 yard hooks I put out there a few times).

This head may have knocked the Max out of my bag based on sound and cool factor, though I'm still not sure it's quite as long for me. That said, I definitely don't have it dialed in properly quite yet.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.