GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

New Driver Help (TaylorMade SIM)

KingKwas9 ·  
KingKwas9KingKwas9 Members  7WRX Points: 20Handicap: 3-5Posts: 7 Bunkers

I’m gearing up for a new driver. I like to understand details so I can make an informed decision

Haven’t upgraded since 2016 so I need some help. Play a TM M2, X flex, Matrix Ozik Black Tie, 9.5 degree, 108-114 Mph

1) SIM vs SIM Max. Pros & cons?

2) What are some good shafts to consider?

Thanks in advance!

Posted:

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3303WRX Points: 880Handicap: 6Posts: 3,303 Titanium Tees

I was a big fan of the black tie... I’m a big homer for aldila. I like the silver, personally...

ventus black is popular on tour, but I got better numbers and feel from the ventus blue.

i am not familiar with the sim enough to compare heads, but I think the max is more forgiving and higher spin.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • EreimEreim In Hoc Signo Vinces Members  652WRX Points: 173Handicap: 7.7Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Max is going to be more forgiving, with about 300 rpm more spin.

Both are great drivers.

Posted:
    Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
  • Jakecampbell2217Jakecampbell2217 Members  4WRX Points: 6Posts: 4 Starters

I would go with the SIM. It has an adjustable weight to help with shot shaping plus it is better for higher swing speeds and lower rpms. I will say though that the Callaway Mavrik subzero in my opinion is better than both. If your are stuck on Tailor-made though then go with the SIM.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.