2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW! 18Birdies AI Coach Testing! New Way To Improve Your Game!

18birdiestesting2.jpg

18Birdies just launched their new AI Coach software and are looking for 6 members to try out AI Coach. The testers will get full access to the 18birdies AI Coach, as well as the rest of the countless app features for 6 months. The testers will be asked to improve their game by simply uploading their swing and working with the drills that are given to them to fix those deficiencies.

Swing Practice Will Never Be The Same

18Birdies is changing the way you look at golf instruction, fitness, and learning with their new AI Coach. Get instant feedback anytime, anywhere and with our without a club. All you need is your phone and the 18Birdies AI Coach. Once your swing is uploaded the app analyzes your swing and gives you instant feedback on where your swing needs improvement. Short and simple drills that you can do at home and take to the range are then delivered so you can start working on improving immediatly.

About 18Birdies

The world's smartest digital caddy. That pretty much sums up the 18Birdies app. 18Birdies offers users the new AI Coach to help improve their swing and make practice that much more productive and a leading GPS for accurate distances all over the course. 18Birdies can give you club recommendations based on distance, temperature, elevation, and other factors. Tracking scores and stats can help you see where you rank amongst other golfers and help you discover where your game can improve. 

How To Apply

Check out 18Birdies in the Google Play or Apple App store!

In a post below, answer the following:

How can AI Coach help you?Do you take lessons currently with an instructor?Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?›Do you use GPS during golf?Are you interested in Golf Fitness?What are your reservations about online golf instruction?Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots?You must be a member in good standing and able to upload swings as well as utilize the drills. GolfWRX and 18Birdies will select the six (6) testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 2 weeks.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can AI Coach help you? Heck, it is working for Callaway, AI can work for me. Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? NOPEDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› I watch a lot of videosDo you use GPS during golf? YESAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YESWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? I will get even more messed up than I am Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Of course.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

How can AI Coach help you? I’d love a personal coach that would give me feedback based on my own swing, not someone else’sDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? NopeDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› YesDo you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? It’s not necessarily instant. I have to upload videos and wait for feedbackDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? Tell me things that I’m not seeing myself.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? NoDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› YesDo you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? If it can be individualized well enough to make it worth the time.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes.

Thanks for the opportunity!

How can AI Coach help you? Being able to see what I am actually doing with my swing would be very helpful.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? NoDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› OccasionallyDo you use GPS during golf? I have in the past. Are you interested in Golf Fitness? Yes, especially not injuring myself.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? Not personalized or fast enough. Uploading video doesn't seem to work well. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? how can't it? interested to see how how swing looks and areas to fixDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? not right now, in the worksDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› yes, a few ideas or areasDo you use GPS during golf? yesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? yesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? how to get the feels down to ensure the right move or sequence is getting performedDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? absolutely

How can AI Coach help you? Very good question, I'm sceptical. I assume it relies heavily on the accuracy of camera placement & ball flight description from the user?Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? YesDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? NoDo you use GPS during golf? Not currentlyAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? Lack of 'hands on' work and in person demonstration. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

How can AI Coach help you? I would love to find out. I know there's at least a couple things in my swing that are not traditionally "correct," so I would love to see how AI would pick those out and fix them. (I also work in technology and work with big data and predictive analytics, so this type of stuff is fascinating. :) )Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? Off and on, only when I'm really swinging poorly.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? I do, but more often than not when I'm looking for something specific.Do you use GPS during golf? I do. I use my rangefinder more often but GPS is very helpful when I'm playing a course I don't know well or I'm way offline. Are you interested in Golf Fitness? Yes.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? Lack of real-time feedback and potentially not picking up things one might catch in person. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Sure!

Ping G430 LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 34"

Z-Star Diamond 

How can AI Coach help you? Detailed personalized instruction is always better than just watching a video or reading generalized instructions/tips. Our bodies are not all the same.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? Currently, no. I have in the past.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? On occasion, but usually just for general tips.Do you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? Yes. Especially with the Covid-19 situation, I have been golfing more and walking instead of riding to get my exercise.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? I haven't tried interactive online instruction yet but static instruction has a good chance of not addressing an individual's specific needs or problems.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes, of course.

How can AI Coach help you? It’s better than no coaching.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? No.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? No.Do you use GPS during golf? Yes.Are you interested in Golf Fitness? Yes.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? Immediate feedback.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

How can AI Coach help you? - certainly my swing is not perfect, and there are "opportunity areas".Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? - not at this time.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› - I watch the occasional YouTube video, but can't say that I get any instructions from it.Do you use GPS during golf? - I haven't the last few rounds out, usually I use my laser range finder. But I have in the past and I'm not opposed to using a GPS app.Are you interested in Golf Fitness? - Moderately, I would give it a shot.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? - I want my instructions tailored to my swing, I don't want my swing to be completely remodeled to fit something else. Small tweaks to make my current swing even better would be preferred, not a complete remodel.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? - absolutely.

How can AI Coach help you? consistency in swing, proper pathDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? NoDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› YesDo you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? MaybeWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? AccuracyDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? Understanding cause and effect of swing Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? I doDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› I use YouTube for general knowledge but use an instructor for directionDo you use GPS during golf? No, just a range finder Are you interested in Golf Fitness? I work out regularly but not specifically for golfWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? I get nervous about How much work and care they actually are putting into itDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? I agree

How can AI Coach help you? using the statistics I can see where my game needs the most work.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? NoDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› YesDo you use GPS during golf? At this point no, but if it is a requirement I am certainly open to it. Are you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? Not one style works for everybody.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

How can AI Coach help you? Consistency with my swing, most likely in my takeawayDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? Not currentlyDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? Yes, I've done virtual lessons beforeDo you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? None, I've had great success with it in the pastDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? I’d always welcome an outside perspective to helping me improve in all areas of golf.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? Yes, I try to take 1-2 lessons per year.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? I watch videos on YouTube and have bought Monte’s videos Do you use GPS during golf? Currently, noAre you interested in Golf Fitness? Definitely What are your reservations about online golf instruction? Not having the face to face interaction or instant feedback, seeing where the ball lands in real timeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes, absolutely

How can AI Coach help you? Consistency, and improved ball strikingDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? Not at this timeDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? YesDo you use GPS during golf? YesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? None at allDo you agree ot participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? Consistency, learning to not come over the top, ball position set-up based upon shot type, as well as club selection based upon yardagesDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? YesDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? YesDo you use GPS during golf? Yes, I use the 18 birdies appAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? None other than being able to be hands onDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes

How can AI Coach help you? Provide simple drills to help improve consistency.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? Yes, just started 2 weeks ago.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? Yes, watch Golf Channel instructors and read a lot in the instruction forum, but never really put it into practice.Do you use GPS during golf? Used to, but past few seasons switched to laser.Are you interested in Golf Fitness? Of course, very interested.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? Not having a person there when doing drills, to make sure I’m doing things correctly.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Of course!

How can AI Coach help you? It would be able to give me actual direction instead of trying to "fix" my own swing.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? No, I am not taking lessons. Have only taken lessons when I was in kids camps.Do you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› Yes, I watch lots of YouTube videos.Do you use GPS during golf? I have a garmin watch.Are you interested in Golf Fitness? Yes, I am interested in all fitness.What are your reservations about online golf instruction? I think online golf instruction is just as good if not better since you can go back and watch lessons over and over as opposed to in person lessons you have to take everything in at one time.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes, I would love to help others realize the potential of AI coaches.

Assist in grooving a more consistent swing (especially in full irons). Unlocking more distance with all clubs (especially driver).NoNot really, just take some tips and tricks every once-in-awhileYes--Arccos CaddieYesTrying to take personalized instruction remotely, trying to interpret potentially unfamiliar terms to help my swingYes, I agree

How can AI Coach help you? I would love to have access to a consistent improvement plan, but do not live in an area with close proximity to this resource.Do you take lessons currently with an instructor? NoDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction?› YesDo you use GPS during golf? Typically no, but can...Are you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? I am the type of person who typically prefers face to face with people as opposed the alternative. The AI concept is intriguing as well.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yup

How can AI Coach help you? I struggle with a collapsing left elbow at/near impact that causes a debilitating sliceDo you take lessons currently with an instructor? YesDo you use YouTube or another form of online golf instruction? YesDo you use GPS during golf? Yes, I use 18 BirdiesAre you interested in Golf Fitness? YesWhat are your reservations about online golf instruction? Main concern is how to a get a good camera angle to ensure I'm giving coach the right information so that they can help me fix a problem (and is my phone camera fast enough to capture the intricacies of a golf swing)Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos or screenshots? Yes