2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Mitsubishi Tensei RAW Shafts! Blue, White, Orange!

tenseirawtesting.jpg

Mitsubishi Chemical Golf and GolfWRX are excited to get some of the new Tensei AV RAW wood shafts into members hands for review! The new Tensei AV RAW series is here and Mitsubishi utilized their latest technology and materials to create the most advanced Tensie ever. We are now looking for 6 testers, two for each model Tensei AV RAW, to get these out on the course and report back to the community. Apply now for your chance to be selected.

About Tensei AV RAW ShaftsTENSEI™ AV RAW Blue blends modern performance with a classic, smooth bend profile. The RAW finish reveals the Aluminum Vapor (AV) Coated Weave in the butt section, a visible cue of the added stability this unique weave provides. Power transfers straight from the hands through the ball for a consistent, mid-launching flight. The 55g option includes our Straight Flight Weighting (SFW) system which makes it easier to turn the club over through impact, reducing the tendency to fade the ball or even promoting a slight draw.TENSEI™ AV RAW Orange is a Counter-Balanced shaft that shifts the balance point towards the hands, giving players the opportunity to make specific performance adjustments by altering shaft length or adding weight to the clubhead. The RAW finish reveals the Aluminum Vapor (AV) Coated Weave in the butt section, a visible cue of the added stability this unique weave provides. Power transfers straight from the hands through the ball for consistent, mid-launching flight.TENSEI™ AV RAW White blends modern performance with a stiff-tip, low-launch profile. The RAW finish reveals the Aluminum Vapor (AV) Coated Weave in the butt section, a visible cue of the added stability this unique weave provides. Power transfers straight from the hands through the ball for low, piercing flight.

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate?Handicap?Current driver and shaft?What would you improve with your current setup??What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test?Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos?You must be a U.S. member in good standing and be able to test the shaft outdoors on the course as well as range time.

GolfWRX and Mitsubishi Chemical Golf will select the testers from the applicants and contact them via PM in about 1-2 weeks.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Thanks for the opportunity

1) Seattle, Washington

2) 10-11

3) m4 with a tensei raw blue 65 stiff (I have one of the ones stamped “2019 limited edition”). Plays at 45.25 inches

4) I love the shaft but wish it was a little heavier. I’ve always played 70+ gram driver shafts

5) av raw blue 75 stiff at 45.25 playing length

6) yes!

thanks!

City, Sate? Souderton, Pa. Handicap? 1.6Current driver and shaft? Ping G400 Max, TPT 14 protoWhat would you improve with your current setup?? Lower launching flight, controlWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? AV RAW White 75TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes.

City, Sate? Louisville, KYHandicap? 6.0Current driver and shaft? Cobra LTD Pro + Rogue Silver 110 XWhat would you improve with your current setup?? Lower ball flightWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? RAW WHITE 85 XStiffDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? I'm excited to! Seem like awesome shafts, and I'd love to do some reviewing.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

City, Sate? Brentwood, TNHandicap? 0.0Current driver and shaft? Callaway Mavrik SZ with PX Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5What would you improve with your current setup?? Slightly Smoother feel What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Tensei AV White 65TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Of Course !

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

City, State? Scottsdale, AZHandicap? 1Current driver and shaft? 2016 Taylormade M2 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 60 TXWhat would you improve with your current setup? Higher launch with lower spinWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Blue 65TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Absolutely!

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

City, Sate? Bellevue, WAHandicap? 7Current driver and shaft? Ping G410, Ventus Black 6xWhat would you improve with your current setup?? Higher Launch with keeping spin low. Smooth FeelWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? White 65TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yep!

City, Sate? Sheboygan, WIHandicap? 12Current driver and shaft? Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TXWhat would you improve with your current setup?? I'd like to go just a hair heavier to get closer to what I was previously playing, but not sacrificing the smooth feelWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Blue 65 TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

City, Sate? Boise IDHandicap? 6Current driver and shaft? Vapor Fly Pro Hzrdus Yellow 60xWhat would you improve with your current setup?? Heavier shaftWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? OrangeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? I do

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

City, State? Tampa, FLHandicap? 6Current driver and shaft? M1 with Motore speeder VC 6.2 S flexWhat would you improve with your current setup? Speed, maybe try something lighterWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Orange 55SDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Alexadria, VAHandicap? 1.6Current driver and shaft? SIM, Rogue White 130 70 TXWhat would you improve with your current setup?? ConsistencyWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? White or Orange. Whatever model would be the most comparable to my gamer Rogue White 130 70 TX.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Absolutely.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

City, State? Minneapolis, MNHandicap? 8Current driver and shaft? Ping G400 Max, 9 degree, Tour 65, SWhat would you improve with your current setup? Slightly higher launch while keeping spin downWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? AV Raw Orange 65 SDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes!

Ping G430 LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 34"

Z-Star Diamond 

1) Washington, DC

2) 8.8

3) PING G400 LST 8.5 w/ Accra TZ6 65 M5

4) Love the mid launch & low spin, but could go for something just a bit stiffer - can lose it left on occasion

5) TENSEI AV RAW Orange 75TX

6) Absolutely!

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

City, Sate? Kansas City, MOHandicap? hovers around scratch to 2.Current driver and shaft? Cobra F8+ with Tensei pro orange 60 StiffWhat would you improve with your current setup?? little more control. smaller misses.What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? I'd prefer the orange but would be completely open to the white as well. 65S, the 5 extra grams sounds awesome since my last driver shaft was 76g. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes, would be happy to!

Tustin, CAHandicap: 12.6Current driver and shaft: PING G410 Tensei Pro White 60g StiffWhat would you improve with your current setup: A little more piercing ball flight would be great!What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Tensei AV Raw White 65 SDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Most definitely! Anything and everything that is needed to be a reviewer I am game!

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Lenexa, Kansas5.2Callaway XR16 Long Drive 5*, 70 gram TX Tensei Pro White Proto with blue band and 70 gram TX Tensei Pro Orange V2 ProtoI enjoy both shaft setups as the Pro white seems to do better in the wind and the Orange give a little extra ball speed but I would want to test and compare how much the shaft has changed from the initial prototypes. I also prefer heavy setups and would like to test to see how the 85 gram shaft compares to the 70 gram prototypes. I use the 100 gram Pro white hybrid shafts in my 3 wood and Callaway Mini 1.5 and think that the 85 gram shaft in the driver will better suit my needs. Tensei AV Raw White 85 gram TXYes my launch numbers are already currently posted in the forums and I will detail all testing and even conduct retests to confirm testing results at a later date.

Location: Birmingham, ALHandicap: 7.3Current driver and shaft? Ping G400 Max with Alta CB 55 Stiff at 44.5" play length. 100-105 swing speed.What would you improve with your current setup? More stability and lower launch. Likely hit driver too high with too much spin. Misses are estimated at 60% over-draw/hook, and 40% straight push right.What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Orange 65 S or Blue 65 SDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Absolutely.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")

Fairway: Ping G410 SFT 3W w/ Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1 3H/4H w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85 Stiff

Irons: Ping i210 5i-UW w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff (+0.5"/1.5* upright)

Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54 SS / 58 ES w/ Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex

Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy (35")

City, Sate? San Diego, CAHandicap? 6.7Current driver and shaft? Epic Flash SZ w/ Ventus Blue 6xWhat would you improve with your current setup? I want to try something a bit heavier to see if I can get more consistencyWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Blue 75XDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? YES!

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

City, Sate? Orlando, FLHandicap? 2.7Current driver and shaft? G410+ Tensei Orange XWhat would you improve with your current setup? Less spin.What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? TENSEI™ AV RAW White 75 XDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

1) Royal Oak, Michigan

2) +1

3) Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 6 X

4) slightly heavier weight to help with consistency/feel

5) Tensei AV RAW White 75 TX

6) Absolutely!

TSR4 9* w/ Tensei 1K White 60 TX

SIM2 Ti 15* w/ Ventus Black 7X

T200 3i w/ Ventus Black 9TX

T100 4i, 620 MB 5i-9i w/ DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Raw 46.10F @ 47*, 52.12F, 56.10S, 60.06K/60.04T w/ DG TI S400

Special Select Newport 2 w/ YSC

City, State? Apple Valley, CAHandicap? 1Current driver and shaft? SIM Diamana BF 70TXWhat would you improve with your current setup? Started hitting fades out of nowhere and would like to get back to the high drawWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? AV RAW Blue 65XDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? As always.

City, Sate? Hastings, MIHandicap? 17.1 indexCurrent driver and shaft? TM M6 D-type with Atmos Red 5RWhat would you improve with your current setup?? More distance, eliminate slight fade tendencyWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? AV Raw Blue 55gDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? SLC, UTHandicap? 6Current driver and shaft? Mizuno ST190 w/ Ventus Blue w/ velocore 6xWhat would you improve with your current setup?? I want to test a heavier shaft and optimize my ball flight. Current shaft is great but I don't think it's ideal for flight numbers and feel. My entire bag leans towards the heavier side and I want to have it blend from driver to wedges better. Driver is my last thing on the list to optimize and driver shaft was the main focus. I have a faster and deliberate transition so want a shaft that will match that a little better. I also think the heavier shaft will do well to slowing down my swing with the heavier feel to it.What Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Orange 75 TXDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes of course. I usually play about 2-4 rounds a week pretty consistently. If I play less, I try to get a range session in to stay fresh. I have a local indoor sim that has done my club builds in the past for launch data.

City, Sate? John's Creek GAHandicap? 0Current driver and shaft? Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Evenflow Blue 65 stiffWhat would you improve with your current setup? Higher LaunchWhat Tensei AV RAW shaft do you want to test? Blue-stiff-65Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and quality photos? Yes, thanks!