GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Golflogix putting line

golfpros1 ·  
golfpros1golfpros1 Members  7869WRX Points: 302Handicap: 0.3Posts: 7,869 Titanium Tees
Joined:  edited Jun 22, 2020 9:13pm in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1

I haven't used the Golflogix app in years, and recently tried it again and was pretty impressed with the features.

Do folks use the putting line feature much? Do you find it accurate? How do you use it well to get the correct ball to flag line?

Posted:
Golf Jobs
---
What's In The Bag:
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-W Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: Titleist ProV1
Bag: Titleist
Post edited by golfpros1 on

Comments

• Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11104WRX Points: 879Posts: 11,104 Titanium Tees

I use it only when I’m unsure of putts, but I don’t use the line because it takes too long. You also never know exactly where you are and exactly where the pin is.

I don’t know if Golf Logix lasered the greens, but in my experience the maps are incredibly accurate.

Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Used2PlayALotUsed2PlayALot Members  105WRX Points: 45Posts: 105 Fairways

This seems like cheating.

Posted:
  • EddyVNEddyVN Members  110WRX Points: 81Handicap: 2.6Posts: 110 Fairways

They have a tournament mode that doesn’t give line (RE cheating comment) - no diff to a good green book

started using it a few rounds ago but must say I find trying it place where you are on the green really annoying. Most of the time the orientation of the green doesn’t even line up with the way you’re facing despite the compass feature, and unlike an actual slope/green book it’s not simple at all to actually get the thing to be pointing/oriented in a direction you want

it’s superb when you do that bit, but doing that is a PITA. Would prefer if you could get a static picture you can zoom in on that gives you a better idea of the green relative the hole.

Posted:
    Driver: G400 Max - Xtorsion
    FW: G400 Diamana D+ TX
    TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
    Titleist 718 CB - Accra 125i 
    Vokey SM7 50/54/58 Accra 125i
    Toulon Vegas Stroke Lab
  • LAslicerLAslicer Members  73WRX Points: 63Posts: 73 Bunkers

Seems like a bit much to me personally. I haven't used it, but I played with someone using this a few months ago and one thing it did not do was speed up play.

Posted:
  • davep043davep043 Members  5140WRX Points: 2,344Handicap: 6.3Posts: 5,140 Titanium Tees

"Would prefer if you could get a static picture you can zoom in on "

The Rules limit the maximum scale and size that you can use for this type of information, using a Zoom would have to have limits to remain compliant with the rule.

Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

• golfpros1golfpros1 Members  7869WRX Points: 302Handicap: 0.3Posts: 7,869 Titanium Tees

I found it a little challenging to get the exact position of the ball and hole on the green. And if the green has any multi-directional breaks it could easily throw off the line. If you take the time and get the actually putt correctly identified, it's pretty amazing.

I compare to the green books they also sell, and it provides a good overall break direction and that's probably enough. Then use your eyes to confirm from there.

Having the break info is completely legal and used on the pga tour every event. Why do you think they make so many birdies? They pretty much know every putt, where the holes will be located throughout the week, and putt to all of those locations. There isn't much guesswork out there on tour... just execution.

Posted:
    Golf Jobs
    ---
    What's In The Bag:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
    3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
    3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
    Irons: 4-W Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Ball: Titleist ProV1
    Bag: Titleist
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11104WRX Points: 879Posts: 11,104 Titanium Tees

The updates over the last year always fix the orientation issue for me. It's very easy to use IMO. If this app could connect with the golf course and place the pins in the right spot, GPS you to user exact location on the green, and determine your strokes gained it would be the ultimate app.

Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • LAslicerLAslicer Members  73WRX Points: 63Posts: 73 Bunkers

That would be nice. I doubt the courses would update it daily, but it would be great if they did.

Posted:
  • EddyVNEddyVN Members  110WRX Points: 81Handicap: 2.6Posts: 110 Fairways

Yep I know that, I more mean scrap the 3 model of the app, it doesn’t add much imho vs a green book. Basically the app should just be a mobile version of those for all course so you don’t need 1000 books. I think it’s over thought to the point where it’s cumbersome, and slow to use

Posted:
    Driver: G400 Max - Xtorsion
    FW: G400 Diamana D+ TX
    TM P790 UDI - KBS Proto X
    Titleist 718 CB - Accra 125i 
    Vokey SM7 50/54/58 Accra 125i
    Toulon Vegas Stroke Lab

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.