GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

True OG Feels...WOW

commoditybroker ·  
commoditybrokercommoditybroker Folsom, CAMembers, Paid BST  119WRX Points: 162Handicap: 4Posts: 119 Fairways

Just got my True OG Feels today, and WOW, did they hit a home run. I have been a long time True user (Originals, Knits, TL01) and this shoe is simply incredible. Lightweight, supremely comfortable, great look and flex right out of the box, wonderful heel padding that lands at the perfect spot and holds your foot as well as keeping it very solidly placed. They made them easier to slip on as well vs. the Originals where you had to definitely tug a bit to get them on your foot. They are light and airy in the forefoot...I cannot say enough good things so far (spins around the house and carpet swings).

Awesome shoe bag as well!

Going to test drive them this afternoon, will report back.

Posted:

Comments

• raheelcraheelc Members  129WRX Points: 24Posts: 129 Fairways

Look great! Been eyeing these for a while. How are these sized? I generally wear a 10.5 in Nike and Adidas, just recently bout a pair of Vivobarefoot in size 11 that fit perfectly. I'm guessing since these are a similar concept as Vivobarefoot, I should probably go for a size 11 in these?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • commoditybrokercommoditybroker Folsom, CAMembers, Paid BST  119WRX Points: 162Handicap: 4Posts: 119 Fairways

I would say size 11. For some perspective, I am generally a 10 in most shoes, 10.5 in Nike, and I wear a 10 in True.

Posted:
  • commoditybrokercommoditybroker Folsom, CAMembers, Paid BST  119WRX Points: 162Handicap: 4Posts: 119 Fairways

After my first 9, these are truly some of the most comfy shoes I've ever walked in. What is still a big TBD for me, though, is the forefoot. On the Originals, there is more structured material around the foot and on these it's definitely like a slipper. When I swing, the shoe does hold me to the ground well but there is a feeling that you are almost barefoot or in slippers when I rotate in my follow through.

Going to have another range session today and try to play again to see if this impacts me, but in the feel and comfort department, they are every bit as good as they look.

Posted:
  • Crimson62185Crimson62185 Nashville, TNMembers, Paid BST  58WRX Points: 45Posts: 58 Bunkers

Any more feedback on these as you’ve continued to use them? I’m very interested in ordering, but my biggest concern is the knit upper and it feeling too unstructured without much stability/support. Thanks

Posted:

Love them so far.... More minimalist on the top than the Originals that I've worn for years. I miss the structure of the Originals but they are a great summer shoe. Definitely not going to work for winter but for what I bought them for, they are a win!

I have actually worn them around the town (mask on of course) and they are a great looking every day shoe as well.

That's what I love most about True. When we were still meeting people face to face, I'd rock True's, which made the job to the course/range swap eaaasy

Posted:
  • thesamwisethesamwise A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man Members  620WRX Points: 181Posts: 620 Golden Tee

I've got a pair of the everyday grey ones and think they're great.

They are truly a minimalist shoe (no stiff toe box, not a ton of structure), but they are so comfortable and nice to walk in. My only concern is that they will get dirty and the top of the toe box will be hard to clean.

They're awesome shoes. I am considering another pair. Now when I put on a pair of FootJoy Pro SLs or even my Puma PWRADPTs, I feel like I'm putting my foot in a heavy box.

Posted:

Advertisement

Agree. I threw on a pair of fj today and felt SO cramped. Could not go back after being so comfy in my True's

Posted:
  • jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX  401WRX Points: 136Handicap: 12Posts: 401 ClubWRX

If anyone has a pair of the white/navy, I’d love to see a picture after a few rounds. Obviously, the white will get dirty, but interested to see just how dirty.

Posted:

Cobra SpeedZone 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Titleist TS2 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Apex ‘19 Hybrid 23*, KBS TOUR Graphite Hybrid Proto 85S

Callaway Apex CF19, 5-P, KBS $-Taper Lite S

Vokey SM7, 48.F, 54.S, 58.D

Bettinardi Studio Stock #3

• golfunderpar18golfunderpar18 Members  492WRX Points: 220Posts: 492 Greens

Never worn true’s but think I need to jump on board. Old school here With Footjoy classics. Bunion problems and walk /carry 90% of The time.

Posted:
  • LiveonceLiveonce Members  85WRX Points: 28Posts: 85 Fairways

Those look great. I have two pair of the ones that are made from recycled plastic and love them. Going to pick up a different style soon, maybe one that’s more water proof.

Posted:
  • RyanBarathWRXRyanBarathWRX Media Staffer  138WRX Points: 183Handicap: 4Posts: 138 Fairways

I love these shoes!!

Like many have said, I wear them to the course, on the course, and after. Tones of traction, even in wet conditions or dew ( although not entirely waterproof ) and I couldnt be happier. Considering I have pretty wide feet, it eliminates so many shoe brands but the TRUE stuff is perfect for me

Posted:

Advertisement

Still really happy with them. They are starting to get dirty on the outside of my left foot but I expected that.

Otherwise, crazy comfortable!

Posted:
  • jt2gtjt2gt Members  796WRX Points: 213Posts: 796 Golden Tee

How do they feel compared to the Knits...really liking my Knits lately. Do they fit the same? Did you go same size as Knits? Thanks, JT

Posted:

same size as my knits, I would say they have less structure overall but feel wider through the toe box and feel even more minimalist (if that's possible). All I can say is they feel like a pair of the best slippers ever that you can play golf in (and that are crazy breathable).

Posted:
  • jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX  401WRX Points: 136Handicap: 12Posts: 401 ClubWRX

Do you wear with socks or barefoot? I’ve tried the TL-01s and OGs barefoot, but couldn’t do it. Hoping the OG Feels are comfortable without socks...

Posted:

Cobra SpeedZone 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Titleist TS2 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Apex ‘19 Hybrid 23*, KBS TOUR Graphite Hybrid Proto 85S

Callaway Apex CF19, 5-P, KBS $-Taper Lite S

Vokey SM7, 48.F, 54.S, 58.D

Bettinardi Studio Stock #3

with socks, but you could go either way with these.

Posted:

Advertisement

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^. I posted my review in the other true thread here. Wore them yesterday. Too unstructured to swing Properly. Very unstable . I need a wide toe box for my bunions. Walked 18. I’ll be returning mine. No blisters which I normally get but overall lack of structure and lack of Comfort is the reason. Hard dry course and the bottoms of my feet were aching. I bought the OG premiums also but haven't gamed them yet. Will give another TRUE model a try.

Posted:
  • marktheblakemarktheblake Members  27WRX Points: 70Posts: 27 Bunkers

I am waiting for these OG Feels to come to australia - not for a couple more months. I recently bought TL01 but they are too narrow for me. I have the Originals and they are just fine.

Do the OG Feel come with washing instructions ? the Knit models could be thrown in the washing machine.

I was asking the Australian distributor about this, and he doesn't know yet because havent seen them. I would like to buy the whites but not if they are hard to clean, our local courses are mostly mud and clay, not good for white shoes.

Posted:
  • dekezdekez Dr. Strangelove Members  481WRX Points: 91Posts: 481 Greens

I love mine. As noted, if you are looking for structure this is not the shoe for you. They are stable enough for my swing.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus driver
    Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
    Callaway XR hybrids
    PXG 0211 irons 
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
    Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter

After about 15 rounds, as much as I want to love them, I can't see a future with these.

They are incredibly comfortable on the foot and walking, they grip the ground well, but the lack of structure is hurting my toes and my game.

Thinking these will be relegated to chipping and putting practice days, or to street wear with shorts.

Bummed...

Posted:

30 day return policy . Miss the window? I’d call them. I’ll be shipping mine back next week.

Posted:

Advertisement

I wore them a bunch, and True has always been good to me. Don't feel right returning. I'm going to chalk it up to a miss and use them for other purposes.

Posted:

ENJOY THE WALK RISK-FREE FOR 30 DAYS ON ANY PAIR OF KICKS.

We want you to love your new TRUEs. If you don't, we keep things simple. If you have put your new TRUEs to the test and but they are not ideal within the first 30 days, then reach out and we can arrange a return or exchange. Our customer care team's priority is to help you find the right pair of shoes so please send us an email to request a return authorization number.

Have a pair to send back? Contact our Customer Care HERE ([email protected]) to get the process started.

Posted:
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods  13217WRX Points: 3,039Handicap: 3.5Posts: 13,217 Marshals

I missed my return window and sold them on ebay, got most of my money back.

Posted:
    SIM 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
    SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s / 3h Ventus S
    SIM 4i / 5i Steelfiber 95s
    M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
    Miura KM-009 Black Boron 35" / TM TP5x Pix

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.