Is the Krakenator the next evolution?

Yzmerf

So Tiger showed fitness is important, Brooks added a little more and now Bryson has gone full Barry Bonds( although I don’t really think it’s anything but hard work on his part) Does mean the next generation will see guys quoting football to play golf in high school?

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Maybe so but he is approaching 200mph ball speed and they aren’t even close to that. That’s kind of my point don’t need to be fit just strong and coordinated. I do think he is more fit than we think though

• Like 3

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

That’s great, tide. Ya, now that I think about it, I can knock out 20+ miles pretty easy now with intervals mixed in. Can BK?

We more fit than all these punks! ?

BK throw 2-plates bench for 14, though, that’s very solid.

Anyway, BD is getting results on the course, hope it all works out into “W”s for him. Seems like a good guy.

• Like 1

Tiger would have won 30 majors if he hadn't bulked up. Brooks started winning after deciding to play with a fade. I haven't seen anything to suggest bulk makes a better golfer. Bryson has got it wrong. Strength, yes. Bulk, no. Bryson is coming out of his shots a lot more. He looks a lot angrier and composure is way undervalued in golf. Flexibility combined with strength and remaining calm under pressure are important.

I think DJ is pretty much the perfect guy out there. Tall, not muscle bound but strong while also flexible. People may have said Tiger at one time from the back looked like a linebacker. Bryson from the back looks like a much bigger version of Gronk.

It is pretty impressive that Bryson is finding fairways. I think he may be focused too much on distance which is hurting his game. Kind of like Phil going for it for so many years. I think Phil might have won more if he backed it down a little but most of the crowd loves the Phil show. I know I do.

Tiger never bulked up. Bare 6', 180-185 lbs. He looked big in photos because he liked his guns and he wore tight shirts. From the back, he might have looked like a small school LB, but that is all. Bryson is in no way comparable to Gronk, unless you're looking at the Gronk a year after he retired. Some of these guys are fairly big, for a walk around gym rat, but professional football players are a whole different animal.

So that lack of "bulk" would have changed.....what exactly? Tiger trashed his already genetically questionable knees by running too much, thats it. Tiger was never "bulked", and all the primary body changes happened during Butch, arguably the most successful stretch of any golfer in modern history.

I don't really know or care one way or the other about Bryson and whether or not what he is doing is right or wrong, but everything you said about Tiger is speculative ridiculousness.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I think many people cling to the "bulk is bad for golf" argument in part to justify not actually lifting themselves. It's hard. The fitness industry for more than a generation has pushed 6-second abs, "More for less", workout in half the time..... weights don't do that. You make the lift or you don't.

It's amazing how these fans of Woods can't seem to recall Woods had surgery on the same knee as early as high school. And Lee Trevino predicted very early on he would have back problems with the swing of his. But no, it was his workouts.

Thats incorrect. I’d say it’s more intentionally gaining 30 pounds of fat In 6 months for an athlete is a bit confusing for people who have lifted for years and are familiar with strength gains in conjunction to mass gains.

BK is a perfect example. He seems to have gained about 25 pounds over 3 or 4 years. His body fat looks the same or lower. About 7-8 pounds a year. And he benches 225 for 14. He probably couldn’t do 225 once when he started. So his strength and weight gains came over time.

BD has gained 45 pounds in 6 months. Most of it is fat. We don’t know his strength gains because he’s only posted doing some light dumbbell cults. But he’s clearly worked very hard with his trainer and mentioned “speed training”

Now, that said, he said his goal was to gain a lot of weight and get longer. And he has! And I hope it translates to wins.

But it’s still interesting why he gain so much fat.

BK, BD and DJ have more in common with Mack and linebackers than most. They have insane workouts. A friend of mine knows a couple of the trainers in FL and he said they really go after it. Definitely not the Daly method or even the health cavalier Hogan and Palmer.

hogan-ans-palmer.png

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

The football comparisons with golfers has to stop, its just embarrassing lol. The mere mention of it, or thinking its anything close to legit shows people have ZERO clue lol

• Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Only in the same way a lion and a house cat are a both felines ; )

Here is Mack, at :12 seconds, tossing a guy on his butt who weighs over 300 and could probably squat 600+ pounds

But Id put BK and DJ in a different category than BD. Most of BDs weight gains are clearly fat. And It’s not going to be fun to lug it around in the heat of the summer.

That said, he accomplished his main goals!

hahaha,, I said in common,, def not in the same league! A lot of golfers work out, but these mentioned here and a few others take it to another level. Ya, I can see that BD is working out, but he also is not skipping a meal(s).

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Isn't it because his primary goal was to gain "mass" and fat still counts as mass? And it's easier to build fat than muscle.

Maybe he plans on adding more muscle and reducing fat over time. But for the short term, I think he believes simply being heavier and swinging more mass equates to more distance.

I think the fact that he's also intentionally swinging very hard has a lot to do with the distance gains.

And whether we can see the muscle or not, if he has been lifting more/heavier the past 6 months, then he's undoubtedly stronger than he was before.

The only reasons to gain fat in sports,

Yes, if you want to increase your lifts as much as humanly possible, you want to gain weight and fat will come with that. But, where are these lifts? BD is not shy about talking to the media and on social media so I’m curious why he hasn’t posted some monster bench press and deadlifts and squats? All we saw was a couple of dumbbell curls and him hanging on some rings . Increasing those lifts would be the only reason to gain so much random mass and even then he’s over done it.The extra mass helps you and your job like if you’re an offense offensive lineman. I think we can rule this one out ; )

Finally he told the media that the last 20 pounds of he gained was not what helped with his distance gains, that it was the “speed training.”

That said he did accomplish his goals gaining weight and hitting it farther!

Maybe Bryson just has a nasty McDonald's habit that he's trying to cover up... :D

But seriously, the idea I've seen thrown around is Force equals mass times acceleration.. http://zonalandeducation.com/mstm/physics/mechanics/forces/newton/mightyFEqMA/mightyFEqMA.html

I don't think this means body mass, so much as it would mean club head mass. Whatever that means.

But sort of like in baseball, a more massive body swinging the bat could produce more power.

I'm obviously not an expert on this. But I still have the question of does more fat/weight contribute to more "mass" and therefore more force.

I do think Bryson has gained some muscle, also. He's not that fat. Maybe 20% or 25% body fat?