GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Moving off ball in backswing

Jokes ·  
JokesJokes Members  221WRX Points: 71Handicap: +2.0Posts: 221 Fairways

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody would have input on why I am moving off the ball and getting lower in my backswing. I want to get a more centered turn so I don't have to make so many adjustments on the downswing. Thank you.

Posted:
SIM 9 | Tensei White 70TX
SIM MAX 15 | Tensei White 80TX
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron  | Dynamic Gold 120X
P7TW 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
MG2 50, 54, 60 | Dynamic Gold S400
Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat

Comments

• ScottboxScottbox EmpireCarpet Members  158WRX Points: 84Handicap: 9Posts: 158 Fairways

You need more free right hip turn. Feel your butt cheeks actually move towards the target as your turn back and let your right leg almost straighten. The lack of free hip turn limits your ability to achieve any left tilt or extension with your upper body, which is why you have excessive right tilt away from the ball. Letting your right hip feel turned behind you will help you achieve this left tilt. You want to feel like your upper torso stretches up. At this point, you're trying so hard to "maintain your spine angle" that you have a lot of bend away from the target. Good players don't stay in their spine angle. They actually extend as they turn. You'll be much more centered, buy yourself more turn, compress the ball better, be rich and famous, and buy a huge house. Okay, some of that.

Check out Sam Snead:

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JokesJokes Members  221WRX Points: 71Handicap: +2.0Posts: 221 Fairways

Thank you so much for the feedback I will work on that.

Posted:
    SIM 9 | Tensei White 70TX
    SIM MAX 15 | Tensei White 80TX
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron  | Dynamic Gold 120X
    P7TW 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
    MG2 50, 54, 60 | Dynamic Gold S400
    Scotty Cameron Concept 2 Super Rat
  • ScottboxScottbox EmpireCarpet Members  158WRX Points: 84Handicap: 9Posts: 158 Fairways

No problem! You have a great swing!

Posted:
  • jojjoj Members  157WRX Points: 95Handicap: +0.7Posts: 157 Fairways

A good feel would be to feel like your right shoulder goes toward the target.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.