GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Your golf fantasy....a genie gives you one wish, which these would you take?

LYG ·  
LYGLYG Members  1097WRX Points: 76Posts: 1,097 Platinum Tees

You can only select one of the (10) choices.

• All are non-transferable -- can't sell or giveaway.
  • You could cancel (stop) the ongoing reward but doubt you'd want to. Once cancelled, can't re-start.
  • On the options where you host friends, you can rotate them anytime.

Be interesting to see how you chose.

Posted:
TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

Your golf fantasy....a genie gives you one wish, which these would you take?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Str8PuttStr8Putt Members  33WRX Points: 75Posts: 33 Bunkers
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

Not married anymore...shoooooow me the money.

Was going to take the Augusta twice a month but I rather have cash..

The 1 putt and same drive would be boring after a few rounds...I like the what if I pull this shot off that I know I shouldn't be trying but I think like Phil so I'm going for it haha

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3630WRX Points: 1,297Handicap: 4Posts: 3,630 Titanium Tees
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

I'll take the cash.

Posted:
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Northern CaliforniaMembers  2407WRX Points: 485Handicap: 2.0Posts: 2,407 Platinum Tees
    You have 1 round, any three famous golfers of your choice (they're in their prime).

I took the dream foursome. (Jack, Bobby Jones and my husband) I actually wouldn’t take any of the skill related wishes simply because I think that, long term, it would actually diminish my enjoyment of the game.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Mini 
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1 
  • FakeClubProFakeClubPro Members  185WRX Points: 79Posts: 185 Fairways
    You can caddy for one famous golfer in any moment in history (and return).

I caddy for a famous golfer and become of a member of the Caddy Hall of Fame because I am Steve Williams and I have at least 15 Major wins under my belt. I am the winningest caddy in the history of golf.

Posted:
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers  5859WRX Points: 528Posts: 5,859 Titanium Tees

I am going to take the lifetime 2x/month ANGC rounds. And I am going to do it simply to see these guys be forced to open the course up JUST FOR ME (and friends) in the summertime. They won't do it for anyone else. What power that would represent.

dave

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BarnacleBarnacle Members  159WRX Points: 94Posts: 159 Fairways
    You one-putt every green for the rest of your life (practice or tournament).

1 putt every green and its not even close. All I would need to do is get to a roughly scratch handicap level of play with the rest of my game and I could make the tour with those putting skills and I'll make $250k relatively quickly on Tour. I would immediately devote a massive amount of time to getting my game to that level. I would guess I could get there in 2 years or less. That gives me about 18-30 years on tour.

Posted:
  • dcfasdcfas Capital Region, NY Members  1067WRX Points: 203Posts: 1,067 Platinum Tees
    You play Augusta National twice per month, with 3 pals, for rest of your life (free).

Augusta National, baby. Here I come.

Posted:

Mixed bag includes TM, Mizuno, Ping, Cleveland, and Guerin Rife.

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2644WRX Points: 1,650Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,644 ClubWRX

It's not even close.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow
  • PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1037WRX Points: 1,248Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,037 Platinum Tees

I'll take the money, but it was a tough choice. I like @Rosco1216's thinking, as being able to one-putt everything all the time would enable me to compete for a tour card (my putting is horrendous), and therefore, likely result in more than $250,000 in total. However, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel good about winning money (even millions of dollars) if I took the one-putt option; it just feels wrong to financially benefit from this option.

And, $250,000, tax free no less, is hard to pass up.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

• MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29920WRX Points: 2,915Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,920 Titanium Tees

As Notorious B.I.G said: i'm ready to get this Paper G, ya with me

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 80
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7

Advertisement
  • ProphetLogicProphetLogic Members  625WRX Points: 194Posts: 625 Golden Tee
    You play Augusta National twice per month, with 3 pals, for rest of your life (free).

I'm taking the two rounds at Augusta each month. Except for one of my rounds, my "friends" are going to be people I've never met paying me $500 each to play Augusta with me.

Posted:
  • bogiiibogiii Members  78WRX Points: 24Posts: 78 Fairways

Taking the cash 100%

Posted:
  • trileriantrilerian Members  652WRX Points: 157Handicap: 13.1Posts: 652 Golden Tee

I’d one putt every green and get good enough to join the senior tour in 8 years. Retirement baby!

Posted:

Driver: TM M6

Fairway(s): TM 2017 M2 5W

Hybrid(s): TM Sim Max 4H

Irons: Callaway Apex 19 4-AW

Wedge(s): Vokey 54s, 60l

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

• Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal.Members  1408WRX Points: 297Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,408 Platinum Tees

1 putt would certainly would make me very happy.

Posted:
  • PappyVanWinkle53PappyVanWinkle53 Members  528WRX Points: 268Handicap: 2.8Posts: 528 Golden Tee

yes.....one putting is a no brainer.....for the reasons you mentioned.....plus:

1) I'd be playing with with tour pros in my group every week

2) I'd be playing ANGC 7 times per year (3 practice and 4 tournament at the Masters)

3) I'd be getting all the latest equipment for free and built to my specs anyway

So, yes....one putting ticks a bunch of the above automatically....

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9 degree (set to 8), Oban Devotion 7 X
    Titleist 910F 15 degree (set to 14.25), Diamana 'Ahina 82
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB
    Titleist T200, Aerotech SteelFiber i110 Taper 4-AW
    Vokey SM7 54 degree & 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21726WRX Points: 5,718Posts: 21,726 ClubWRX

Taking the money but it's low hanging fruit and not really in the spirit of true golfing fantasy - flaw in the choices, IMO.

For the fun golf part - the fantasy ones are a little out there for me, heck I'd take a round right now with Jack and Tiger and my dad and my daughter (hey, it's my fantasy) just as they are. Now where? Royal Dornoch (****, then Watson would want to come - okay then!) or St. Andrews - I'd have to ponder that one.

Posted:
  • MikeW2MikeW2 Members  62WRX Points: 27Posts: 62 Bunkers

I took play Augusta. The one putt option and drive 280 would probably be 2/3 but like @golfgirlrobin said having those skills preset would take away from my enjoyment. So I’m driving down Magnolia Lane every month.

Posted:
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1369WRX Points: 319Handicap: 15Posts: 1,369 Platinum Tees

Money or 2x a mo augusta. The 280 drive and 1putt would remove fun. The money could buy some pro ams and more time to play golf. The augusta rounds would probably be equivalent to 250k over the next 40 yrs. Figure 5k a year for 40 years (I'm assuming some drink cart and grub is included). Not quite, but way harder to buy.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Cobra F9 18.5* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R
    Titleist 915H 21* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-AW Recoil 660 F3, R
    Vokey SM7, 56*/8 M Grind, Recoil ZT9 460 F3, R
    Miura 1957, 59* C Grind, Nippon Modus 110, Wedge Flex
    TM Spider Tour
  • cadoipicadoipi Members  151WRX Points: 150Posts: 151 Fairways

This is not even close, since automatic 1-putting would give you access to many of the other options as well.

Change it to only in rounds with < $100 on the line to make this interesting.

Posted:
  • BarnacleBarnacle Members  159WRX Points: 94Posts: 159 Fairways

Not to mention if you win the Master's you become a honorary member and could play quite often if you wanted.

Even if you miss the green you would have the highest scramble percentage on tour. You would have the highest birdie and eagle conversion rate. You're only goal as far as getting better would be to hit the green as often as possible. A guaranteed maximum 18 putts every round of golf would dominate. Golf would probably become pretty boring to watch, you might almost want to figure out if you can purposely miss putts so no one gets suspicious.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dropped_birdiesdropped_birdies Members  6WRX Points: 7Posts: 6 Bunkers

I’m no nowhere near scratch so 1 putting wouldn’t help.

I don’t care about turning pro.

Augusta baby!

Posted:
  • MobyMoby Members  67WRX Points: 20Posts: 67 Bunkers

Cash all day...

Posted:
  • FadeFade Members  1396WRX Points: 282Posts: 1,396 Platinum Tees

I will take the (tax) free money. The other options are too much work. : )

Posted:
  • PonderingPanderPonderingPander Members  5WRX Points: 8Posts: 5 Bunkers

Ill take the one putt and start practicing everyday 😀

Posted:
  • anythingfiniteanythingfinite Members  381WRX Points: 222Posts: 381 Greens

ANGC alllllll day long. I take a lot of pride in "digging it out of the dirt," so auto putting/driving wouldn't make me happy. In fact, all I would do is start wanting to drive it 290 and hole every chip/approach.

I would take my mom to Augusta for the first ever of my monthly rounds.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3630WRX Points: 1,297Handicap: 4Posts: 3,630 Titanium Tees

You do realize they are closed from May to October, don’t you?

-

Posted:
  • timbodtctimbodtc Members  56WRX Points: 75Handicap: 10Posts: 56 Bunkers

Hogan at Carnoustie in 53'. Would be so AWESOME!

Posted:
  • anythingfiniteanythingfinite Members  381WRX Points: 222Posts: 381 Greens

Assuming I couldn't play those months, that's still 16 rounds. Plus GA in that heat is not something I'm SUPER interested in. Apart from the magical time travel options, that's the least likely one to happen. Best choice.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jonnymc44jonnymc44 Manchester UKMembers  262WRX Points: 174Handicap: 5.3Posts: 262 Greens

I took 32 putts on Saturday and shot 76. 1 putt every green all day long, no questions. It wouldn't be too long before I'd be playing at Augusta on tour. Wishful thinking, eh?!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.