***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Your golf fantasy....a genie gives you one wish, which these would you take?

Comments

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

Single here, take the two fiddy, pay off mortgage, have more time to practice, try and achieve the 280 straight down the middle every time on my own (that one was tempting)

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Murphy76Murphy76 Members  194WRX Points: 237Posts: 194 Fairways

I would take the 1-putt.

Empty my bank account and start a money-game with Michael Jordan.

Then putt from the tee-blocks.

Boom.

Posted:
  • 2Down2Down Members  363WRX Points: 158Handicap: 4.4Posts: 363 Greens

Couldn’t decide. I mean what if you hated Augusta after playing it.

Posted:
    Ping G410+ tensi orange s
    Ping G410+ tour 75 shaft s.  
    Adams 9031 20° Mitsubishi diamana
    Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana 
    Ping Ie1 5-U DG S300
    Ping glide stealth 54° es grind
    Ping glide 2 58°. ES
    Ping anser f titanium pixel.  
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2656WRX Points: 1,668Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,656 ClubWRX
    You one-putt every green for the rest of your life (practice or tournament).

Well you could then be one of the truly obnoxious folks in the world who could play ANGC anytime, but chose not to because you (sniff) "don't care for the place".

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow
  • 86020818602081 Members  2144WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10Posts: 2,144 Platinum Tees

If you can one putt all the holes, most people here can probably compete in pro level. Be able to fulfill all other choices..

Posted:
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1027WRX Points: 390Handicap: 12Posts: 1,027 ClubWRX
    You play Augusta National twice per month, with 3 pals, for rest of your life (free).

I'm going to Augusta

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/

Advertisement
  • LYGLYG Members  1098WRX Points: 77Posts: 1,098 Platinum Tees

Results are interesting! People like cash and appreciate the power of one putting, for sure.

Surprised no one chose the US Open Qualifying. 1982, I tried -- had no legit reason to be there, punching way above my weight class -- you had to be scratch or a "professional" -- I wasn't scratch but was in the PGA Apprenticeship program, so that counted. 36 holes in one day, walking, of course, Atlanta Athletic Club, 7200 yards, host to lots of majors, of course. With persimmon and the old balata ball, that's like 7500 today.

For the 28 holes which were par 4's and par 5's (of the 36) I addressed the ball, looking at the top of my 1959 MacGregor driver and the name "Tommy Armour" -- and about 20 feet away was his grandson, Tommy Armour III ... a young gun on the PGA Tour, who'd later set 72 hole record, 254, Valero Open, my playing partner. I did NOT qualify, by a long shot. But a GREAT experience. It was on the Monday after the Atlanta Classic, so it was the Local Qualifying location loaded with all the PGA players who weren't exempt, just finishing that week's tour stop. I was 21, before the round, warming up with all these guys who'd won in the 1970's (when I watched them on tv as a teenager) ...Homero Blancus, Rod Curl, Mason Rudolph, Forrest Fezler, etc. The low qualifier was a 22-year-old Georgia Tech grad named Larry Size. Heady stuff.

Posted:
    TM M2 driver (2016)
    TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
    PXG 19 degree
    Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
    Miura CB-57 PW
    Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
    1964/5 Wilson 8813
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers  5861WRX Points: 529Posts: 5,861 Titanium Tees

FWIW, if I was granted a one putt on every green then I would certainly be getting the best GPS device that I could find with the best mapping to THE CENTER of the green. Unless you are close enough that a hole out is a reasonable possibility, that # is what you need (at least on the greens that most of us play).

But I am still taking the monthly rounds at ANGC just to be known as the only guy on the planet with the power to get them to open the course in the summer.

dave

Posted:
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members  6354WRX Points: 5,055Posts: 6,354 Titanium Tees
    You can caddy for one famous golfer in any moment in history (and return).

I'll loop for Tom Watson thank you very much. Heck I'd settle for caddying for him for a single tournament: 2009 Open Championship!

Posted:
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°
    Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°
    TM Speedblades 5-PW
    Cleveland CBX 56° SW
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 6
  • hurley999shurley999s Members  846WRX Points: 422Posts: 846 Golden Tee

It was between the 1-putt, Masters tix, playing Augusta, and cash.

Looking at the value of everything, compared to $250k

Masters tix - I’m young enough, and assuming the tournament doesn’t go anywhere, I’d easily make up the $250k option, even accounting for NPV of the 250

Play Augusta - similar time above, but would make up the money even faster. I could easily get 6 people a month to grease me $500+ each to go play Augusta

1-putt everything - as has been mentioned before, with this option there’s a chance at making the Tour and making way more than $250k. Even if that didn’t work, I would win way more than that in bets and smaller tournaments. Worst case, I’d be some sideshow trick shot artist with a massive YouTube channel and get paid to 1-putt all over the country. So this one easily has the most potential to eclipse $250k.

Posted:
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members  605WRX Points: 307Posts: 605 Golden Tee

One putt everything, I'll get Bryson big, top 5 player, masters invites, fame and money, who's that guy? Oh, he's the one who makes the putts, ALL of them! The Green GOAT, how does he do it? he's got a system, publish an instruction book, make even more money, start designing and selling putters, like, who wouldn't use my putter? $250k? Pfft, its like $250MM by the second year, I might even talk nike into getting into equipment manufacturing, I'll take a royalty on that. Green GOAT clothing line, etc, etc.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • pwgj1478pwgj1478 Members  57WRX Points: 53Posts: 57 Bunkers
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

I'll take the cash. But if you put the words "golf" & "fantasy" together, it has to involve Paige Spiranac.

Posted:
  • MarkTheSarkMarkTheSark Members  78WRX Points: 37Handicap: WorkPosts: 78 Fairways

Great questions!

Ill take the cashola. Lots of golf I can play for $250k

Posted:

Driver - Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme

5 Wood - Taylor Made AeroBurner

3 Hybrid - Wilson HB5

4-PW - Hogan BH5

GW, SW - Titleist Vokey

Putter - Yes! Eleanor

Ball - Wilson fifty

• CEPHASCEPHAS Members  333WRX Points: 79Posts: 333 Greens

i'd take the cash, because it's cash. i thought about one putting every green, but when you take 4 shots to get there......

Posted:
    M2 9.5
    M5 15
    Taylormade rescue 17.5 adjusted to 19.0
    Taylormade R7 tp "goosen" 3
    Scratch ARv1 4-P
    -Akira prototype 54/60
    TP Mills Ming
  • 2tall2golf2tall2golf Members  51WRX Points: 19Posts: 51 Bunkers

I understand that!

Posted:
  • OldFrog75OldFrog75 Fort Worth, TexasMembers  162WRX Points: 57Handicap: Too highPosts: 162 Fairways

One putt every green no question. Everything else would probably fall in line, including playing Augusta and the money if that were my reality.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DivinDaveDivinDave Longview TexasMembers  631WRX Points: 142Handicap: 13.8Posts: 631 Golden Tee

I want the 250K.

Posted:
    Experience - What's leaned just after you needed it most
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members  2085WRX Points: 207Posts: 2,085 Platinum Tees

250K is the only appropriate answer., particulalry for you younger folks. Any other answer is pure idiocy.

Posted:
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal.Members  1451WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,451 Platinum Tees

The “have to tell your spouse” part of it lost much of the appeal for me. Lol.

So, I went with the “one putt”. Since it’s a golf genie, seems appropriate? For me, it would mean 8-10 birdies a round plus 100% scrambling.

Posted:
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members  3937WRX Points: 358Handicap: 12.9Posts: 3,937 Titanium Tees

I could easily go debt free and mortgage free and have money left over to live my son through his last 2 years of college and his Masters .

Posted:
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
    3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
    6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
    7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
    50 degree GW Vokey SM7
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7
    Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

• jlukesjlukes Members  343WRX Points: 167Handicap: 3.7Posts: 343 Greens

Straight cash homie

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 VA Vylyn 75FIVE
    Titleist 818 H2 20* GD Tour AD DI 85x
    Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 GD Tour AD 95x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115 X(-)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 49.07 F - 54.10 S - 59.11D
    Mizuno M Craft II
    Bridgestone Tour B X

Advertisement
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4966WRX Points: 736Posts: 4,966 Titanium Tees

It’s a tough choice between the $250k and the 1 putt. $250k sounds wonderful right now. Al debt paid off, then easy street. But, 1 putt for life and as others mentioned, I could make far more than $250k.

with the rest of my game as it is right now, and the lack of time I have to practice, I think I’d have to go for the $250k and pay off all debts and pay off the rest of the kids college tuition.

Posted:
  • PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1054WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees

For all those taking the one-putt option, do you have any concerns the game would become boring and suck all the joy out of it for you? One of the things I love about golf is that every round is different, every shot is different, etc. If I knew that all I had to do was get the ball anywhere on the green, I think I'd become bored quickly and lose interest.

Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

• geesecougar2geesecougar2 Members  2088WRX Points: 153Handicap: 6Posts: 2,088 Platinum Tees

One putting every green would make a lot of people the #1 player in the world. Good point about removing the fun from the game, but I'd sacrifice that to make tens of millions of dollars a year playing on Tour. I hate putting anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.....

Posted:
    M1 8.5 Diamana D+ 70 X
    M2 Tour Kuro Kage 70 X
    Rescue 11 18 RIP 105 X
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4 X100
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
    Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
    Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow
  • SnarkesorSnarkesor Members  31WRX Points: 19Handicap: 8Posts: 31 Bunkers

Driving the ball 280 straight is not commensurate with perpetual one putting. Make it straight and 330 and then you might have an interesting question.

Posted:
  • SeidinhoSeidinho Members  92WRX Points: 36Handicap: 10Posts: 92 Fairways

Definitely the $250k. Hitting all drives 280 or one-putting sounds good at first, but working on the craft and trying to improve driving and putting is part of the fun! I'd gladly invest some of the money towards improving my game.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.