***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Your golf fantasy....a genie gives you one wish, which these would you take?

Comments

• SnarkesorSnarkesor Members  31WRX Points: 19Handicap: 8Posts: 31 Bunkers
    You one-putt every green for the rest of your life (practice or tournament).

Agreed. Anyone under the age of 35 with decent athletic ability could take the one putting gift, invest in a year of intensive golf training with a good coach, and be a force on the PGA tour.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members  2085WRX Points: 207Posts: 2,085 Platinum Tees

This seems to be the majority opinion, I suspect the magic "one" putt gift doesn't change the "Average Joe's" chances one bit of making the tour.

Posted:
  • FadeFade Members  1400WRX Points: 282Posts: 1,400 Platinum Tees
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

The one-putt option is terrible, IMO: It eliminates half the game! Really odd how many votes it received.

Posted:

It is because many feel that this would be an instant ticket to years of domination on the tour. A bizarre extrapolation based on the faulty assumption that a decent player can magically become a tour level ball striker.

Posted:
  • gripandripgripandrip Members  1271WRX Points: 248Posts: 1,271 Platinum Tees

My fantasy? Screw great drives and putting. Tiger Woods bank account.

Posted:
  • MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1079WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

I average 32-putts per round and according to my numbers on the USGA app, my scoring average is 76.2 in 48 rounds this year. If I could 1-putt every green for the rest of my life, the math is pretty simple, my scoring average drops 14-strokes! 🏌️

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal.Members  1451WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,451 Platinum Tees

Even without the tour wins, I could clean up money every weekend. Not 250K, but I know folks who’ve spent at least 250K to get mediocre like me. They’d likely spend at least 4 times that to birdie half the holes and eagle 4. Or more?

Priceless skill.

Posted:
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2656WRX Points: 1,668Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,656 ClubWRX

I would be willing to accept a modification of the one-putt wish. Make every putt struck properly (speed and line). So no misses for the rest of my life due to imperfections in the green. While not near as magnanimous as one putts for life, it would bring putting much closer to all other types of shots as far as how conditions adversely impact outcome.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Jim Kronus JK-1 Custom Grind 54/06 w/DG S200
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X in yellow

You are not playing on tour courses, at tour distances, under tour pressure, in front of thousands of fans, with tour rough over 4 straight days. 56 Tour players last year, one putted 40% of their greens. Justin Rose One-putted 44% of his greens last year. Mark Broadie addressed strokes gans with elite ball striking of the pros in his book.

The average fairways hit on tour is 49%. The average GIR is under 12.

Posted:
  • hurley999shurley999s Members  846WRX Points: 422Posts: 846 Golden Tee

I laid it out before in my earlier post, but I don’t see how you wouldn’t become insanely wealthy with the 1 putt.

It isn’t about winning on the big Tour, although I think many here could...

But you could:

Contend/win at the mini tour level - $

Play / win money games - $

Make as many side bets as you want on the greens - $

The biggest thing though is that in a very short amount of time you would get noticed. You’d become an overnight sensation and a freak of nature and that’s where the big money comes in. Appearance fees, big bets from guys like Phil and degenerate gamblers flying you to places to hit some impossible put for a million bucks, TV/social media presence...you would very quickly blow past $250k with this skill. I don’t even think it’s debatable...i mean think about how absurd that’d be. Seriously.

Posted:
  • hurley999shurley999s Members  846WRX Points: 422Posts: 846 Golden Tee

Yeah I mean think of that 100 footer Jack hit when Johnny said it was impossible...how many times that’s been shared. Now imagine being able to do THAT on command! It’s a no brainer - you’d literally go down in history as one of the most freakish/talented people EVER. In any endeavor.

$250k?!! Haha are you kidding me?? Anyone not saying the one putt needs to take the blinders off.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • LmcjahoLmcjaho Members  12WRX Points: 20Handicap: 16Posts: 12 Bunkers

As mentioned I think the skill booster options would make the game less enjoyable in the long run, like cheat codes on video games. I’m probably going with the twice monthly Augusta option but it would be fun to get to caddie for Van de Welde in that Open collapse and slap some sense into him at some point in the 4th round and change the history of the game.

Posted:
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal.Members  1451WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.4Posts: 1,451 Platinum Tees

Wait, bringing one putting from 40% to 100%? Not a mathematician, but that sounds like quite a few strokes per round?

Posted:
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  752WRX Points: 164Handicap: 6.2Posts: 752 Golden Tee

I chose the 1-putt...but I do see the point - that it could become boring.

But I could get used to it...image out on tour and you could putt like Ty Webb! Because you know it's going in...haha

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  4037WRX Points: 701Posts: 4,037 ClubWRX
    You collect $250,000, tax free, one lump sum payment. (Have to tell your spouse).

My choice is not there. My wish would be to hit every green in regulation or under regardless of what course I play. But yeah, in lieu of that I'll take the cash. Truthfully...I'd probably take the cash anyway :)

Posted:
    Post edited by Dpavs on
  • Pete O'TubePete O'Tube Members  419WRX Points: 129Handicap: 6Posts: 419 Greens

I will take the money instead of my real wish:

Perfect tempo and timing.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 TS Driver Fujikura Atmos 5R
    Mizuno ST190 TS 3W Fujikura Atmos 6R
    Ping G10 3 Hybrid Ping TFC 129 R
    Mizuno JPX Hi Fli 4 hybrid Recoil ESX R
    5 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g R
    7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g R
    53.08 Vokey SM5
    58.10 Vokey SM5
    Ping Sigma G Tyne 34"

Advertisement

Or drastically underestimate how often pros 1-putt decreasing the advantage.

Posted:

This actually could be the more profitable route. Holding clinics across the country, kind of like Moe Norman. The endorsements would flow like a river. The opportunity for clinics across the world would be almost inconceivable.

Posted:

I appreciate your well reasoned argument. My point of course is that I think we are ignoring the ball striking abilities of tour pros and that most of the courses require length and pinpoint accuracy. But you do have math on your side. 18 1-putts is a MONSTER advantage that might simply make a scratch player competitve.

Posted:

Good points. You would never need to practice putting or really chipping or even greenside sand shots! LOL. You can just practice drivers and irons for 8 hrs a day.

Posted:
  • Jwin323Jwin323 Members  1524WRX Points: 133Handicap: 3-7Posts: 1,524 Platinum Tees

One putting every green for life can make most of the other choices come true if you’re clever.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SDMembers  948WRX Points: 193Handicap: 13.4Posts: 948 Golden Tee

According to my GHIN app stat deal, I'm averaging 37.8 putts per round right now (absolute yikes). I'm taking those one putts, that is a 20 shot improvement right off the bat lol. I'll make enough money joining a scramble team and winning every Calcutta I can find to make some sweet cash in the summers.

Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (14.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Callaway Apex 19 3-4 Hybrids (Project X Catalyst 5.5 Flex, -1/2" for both)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts (I keep the 4 iron in the trunk and alternate it with the 4 hybrid depending on which course we are playing or weather conditions)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM 19 Grind 54/14 & 58/12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (35")

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.