GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged Discontinued???!!!

Brenkj ·  
BrenkjBrenkj Members  67WRX Points: 14Posts: 67 Bunkers

I have an iron fitting scheduled in a week. The fitter I'm using does the whole measurement and evaluation, like TrueSpec, Club Champion, etc., but instead of building the clubs himself, he orders them with his recommended specs off of an online custom club store, which is supposed to save several hundred dollars compared to the other fitters. The irons I'm most interested in - based on online reviews and hitting a few balls at the PGA Superstore - are the Mizuno JPX 919 Forged. I was looking online today and many online golf stores are all of a sudden showing them as "sold out." A couple even show them as "discontinued". But they're still listed on the official Mizuno website. Anyone know whether I should be worried that they might not be available when I get fit?

Posted:

Comments

• jlukesjlukes Members  319WRX Points: 164Handicap: 3.7Posts: 319 Greens

They will probably have the fitting head for the 919, but most likely wont be able to place a custom order. The replacement for the 919s is set to be announced soon and available for purchase towards the end of the summer. If you were going to be purchasing clubs through the fitter, you should call and ask if they would even be an option to purchase or if you should wait to schedule your fitting for when they have the new heads

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 VA Vylyn 75FIVE
    Titleist 818 H2 20* GD Tour AD DI 85x
    Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 GD Tour AD 95x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115 X(-)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 49.07 F - 54.10 S - 59.11D
    Mizuno M Craft I
    Bridgestone Tour B X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Charlotte, NCMembers  683WRX Points: 417Handicap: 8.7Posts: 683 Golden Tee

No more Mizuno custom orders for the 919 series, sold out. What's out on the market is all there will be. Individual retailers may have a set or 2 in inventory. Maybe you can find one with correct shaft and bend to your specs. Good luck.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5° w/ Fuji Atmos Black TS
    Mizuno ST190 3W w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI
    Mizuno JPX 900 5W w/ Fuji Speeder 661 Evo II
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL HMB 4 iron w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-9 w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno S18 46° w/ DG S300
    Mizuno S18 52° w/ DG S300
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V1 golf balls
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members  806WRX Points: 306Handicap: 11Posts: 806 Golden Tee

You may want to look at the mp20mmc. I love mine! Might be a tad less forgiving but I'm a 10-12 or so and when I am in the groove I can't miss with em.

Posted:
    Taylormade m5 7.9 tour issue. AD GP 7x
    Callaway epic flash 3w tensei pro white 7x
    Taylormade Sim hybrid 3. Tensei pro white 90tx 
    Mizuno mp18 mmc 4-pw modus 120s
    Artisan 48° 53.5° 59° modus 120s
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • BrenkjBrenkj Members  67WRX Points: 14Posts: 67 Bunkers

Thanks for the responses. That’s a big bummer. Any chance of finding a set of 919 Forged heads only, that my fitter can assemble with whatever shafts he recommends?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.