GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Wilson d7 irons

mbell22 ·  
mbell22mbell22 Members  4WRX Points: 55Posts: 4 Starters

Wilson d7 irons

Posted:

Comments

• Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members  9527WRX Points: 517Posts: 9,527 Titanium Tees

What about them?

Very good GI iron.

D7 Forged are even better

Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW 7 and 9
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    Titleist T300  5-P KBS TGI 80 Shaft
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 
    TaylorMade Spider X Custom Blue

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • OqvistOqvist Members  52WRX Points: 20Posts: 52 Bunkers

Better as in just feel or better as in more forgiving, distance etc :)

I bought the D7 non forged today and if I don´t get into the habit of overshooting greens all the time I do believe they are the right club for me. Trajectory is high and nice believe it´s primarily less spin perhaps combined with carrying more speed while landing. But greens was dressed today so jury still out if it can stop within a reasonable timeframe :p It felt better then other GI irons like Rogue and G410 too :)

Wasn´t an option for me but I would buy it with the GW because the PW act as an 8-iron. (i game old ping i3s). They stop where they land which is awesome to see when you actually manage to hit the green but don´t go very far. I may have to keep my old PW to bridge the gap to my gap wedge with this set. I won´t need any 4 iron that´s for sure to bridge the gap to my 22 degree hybrid.

Posted:
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members  9527WRX Points: 517Posts: 9,527 Titanium Tees

Sorry. I know that was a pretty subjective comment.

I owned the D7 and liked them OK. I just never got used to the big sole. I can live with a thick top line ok.

The Forged are better looking --in my opinion. They are better feeling--i think that is pretty much a given for anyone who has hit them.

They aren't as strong lofted as the D7. But that said they will offer good distance.

Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW 7 and 9
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    Titleist T300  5-P KBS TGI 80 Shaft
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 
    TaylorMade Spider X Custom Blue

• realitycheckrealitycheck Members  430WRX Points: 121Posts: 430 Greens

Love em!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.