GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Ping g400 irons vs g410 irons

gasman777 ·  
gasman777gasman777 Members  10WRX Points: 9Posts: 10 Bunkers

My wife is in the market for new irons and the ping g410 irons really worked well for her.

Problem is I checked eBay and as I would’ve guessed, there are a lot of pretty good deals on g400 irons...way better than g410 since they’re the older model.

Without buying the used g400, she won’t be able to test without buying. Anyone compared the two head to head? I found a YouTube video and the differences seemed very minor in performance.

Posted:

Comments

• sdiver68sdiver68 Members  504WRX Points: 67Posts: 504 Golden Tee

Despite great deals on the G400, and small reported differences in performance, I still bought the G410's to kick my i5's out of the bag.

My main concern with the 400 was durability of finish. I saw several reports that it degrades quickly.

The rest of the differences are well covered in the reviews.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gasman777gasman777 Members  10WRX Points: 9Posts: 10 Bunkers

thanks for the input. And yeah, I hadn’t realized this was such a popular topic and was reading some older posts just now and performance seems like almost a wash, but the finish seems to be a popular theme.

Posted:
  • jbandalojbandalo Members  156WRX Points: 67Handicap: 10Posts: 156 Fairways

I’ve had both. Returned the G400’s after 3 rounds not because of performance but because of the wear.

When I returned them, the store couldn’t believe they were only a week old. They had to check the receipt twice. That’s how beat up they looked.

The G410’s on the other hand, still look new.

Posted:
    DRIVER - PING G410 LST
    FAIRWAY WOODS -  PING G410 3W
    HYBRIDS - PING G410 3H & 4H CROSSOVER
    IRONS - PING G410 5-UW
    WEDGES - CLEVELAND CBX2 52, 56 & 60
    PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON NEWPORT 2
    BALL - TITLEIST PRO AVX
    BAG - PING PIONEER
    CART - CLICGEAR 3.5+
    RANGEFINDER - BUSHNELL PRO XE
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2246WRX Points: 322Handicap: 7Posts: 2,246 Platinum Tees

G400 finish was terrible. Looked bad after a few rounds. Also have more offset than G410’s

Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.