GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Best glove for summer....heavy sweating with your hands

LYG ·  
LYGLYG Members  1097WRX Points: 76Posts: 1,097 Platinum Tees

I usually play a standard leather glove, and will rotate them -- 3 or 4 in a round -- and put on a dry one when needed. (No, I don't throw away each glove then).

Cord grips work better with sweat (or rain) so I'm doing that already.

Anyone have a better solution? Thanks,

Posted:
TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

Comments

• RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3502WRX Points: 522Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,502 ClubWRX

I live in a desert and do the same. I’ll clip the glove not being used on the cart frame if riding so it dries quickly but other than switching gloves I’m not sure what options there are.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wkndhckrwkndhckr Members  61WRX Points: 26Posts: 61 Bunkers

My hands sweat like a pig and no one understands and just tells me to use a glove but I hate pulling them off and on and switching etc. It's even worse when it's super hot. I keep one of the travel size baby powders in a bag pocket. A few sprinkles and a rub of the hand. Wala! This gives me sanity back in my corded grips but I have a practice club at home that this does not work with. If you play cords, give it a shot. I don't care what anybody thinks but I am starting to question whether wristbands to keep sweat from running down my arms and onto my hands would be a benefit too.

Posted:
  • socccer4life3socccer4life3 Members  309WRX Points: 50Handicap: 11.7Posts: 309 Greens

try using rain gloves,

Posted:
  • Pilk21Pilk21 Members  5WRX Points: 30Handicap: 8.1Posts: 5 Bunkers

I usually keep a chalk bag with me for the really hot/humid days

Posted:
  • rtraudtrtraudt Members  1892WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,892 Platinum Tees

I have very sweaty hands, but have finally found my solution. I'm sure there are similar products, but I use stuff called "Gamer Grip" that I got on Amazon. Basically keeps my hands dry after one pre-round application, so much so that I switched to playing without a glove (hated having to pull off a sweaty glove constantly during the round, plus I don't get a golfers tan on my left hand anymore!). Granted, I also use Bestgrips Microperf leather grips, but the combo of the two is spectacular. Even if you intend to use a glove, I highly recommend trying it out. This coming from a guy whose hands are glistening with sweat while typing in an air conditioned house currently...

Oh, and I can't say enough about BestGrips Microperfs. I've had the same grips on for going on 3 seasons now, and they still feel and perform superbly. Plus, they're a WRX sponsor and offer a discount to us idiots!

Posted:
    PING G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6
    Callaway Epic Flash 15* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TEE CBX 18* and CB Pro U 21* Matrix Altus 
    Bridgestone J40 CB or Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
    Byron Morgan 612 or Odyssey Double Wide Flow
    Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
    Snell MTB X
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers  826WRX Points: 121Posts: 826 Golden Tee

I've been using the FJ RainGrip for a year in South Florida. This month I've been changing after 9, it's really hot now.

Can't wait to try the FJ TropiCool....looks like they brought back the StaCool, which was the best hot weather glove of all time.

Both types, you can wash it after each round and they stay perfect.

The palm/grip is microfiber that works better when wet.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
    Supersoft

Advertisement
  • stryperstryper Members  3474WRX Points: 974Posts: 3,474 Titanium Tees

Antiperspirant on the palms = problem solved....I’m surprised more people don’t know this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted:
    Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
    Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
    18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
    Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
    T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7
  • LiveonceLiveonce Members  81WRX Points: 27Posts: 81 Fairways

Florida is killing me with the glove getting so sweaty. Is that tropicool or stadry from foot joy that much better than a Titleist players?

Posted:
  • LYGLYG Members  1097WRX Points: 76Posts: 1,097 Platinum Tees

At the local Edwin Watts, just found a white-label, no name glove they sell for $7.

It's nice cabretta on the side facing down (side holding the club), and synthetic on the other side. It is a tad thicker and -- while not intended for sweaty hands (or rain)-- it held up really well yesterday. Hit balls for 2+ hours in 93 degree heat (Atlanta, 90% humidity also) and did not have to change gloves.

You might check it out.

Posted:
    TM M2 driver (2016)
    TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
    PXG 19 degree
    Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
    Miura CB-57 PW
    Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
    1964/5 Wilson 8813
  • JMT8345JMT8345 Members  13WRX Points: 29Posts: 13 Bunkers

I practice in Footjoy Weathersoft. They feel thicker than my normal Titlest Permasoft and a bit synthetic but they don't get as nasty wet as better gloves and they bounce back way better after drying. They come in a two pack for less than $20. I live in the gulf south and have tried everything and this works best

Posted:
  • aue21aue21 Members  626WRX Points: 91Posts: 626 Golden Tee

My trick lol is Rock Rosin bag. Get it at sports store , you will thank me. Better than the bowling rosin bags...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • WarEagleGolfWarEagleGolf Members  455WRX Points: 106Posts: 455 Greens

Two gloves. Alternate by hole. But I only tee off with a wearing a glove, sometimes long irons or woods in the fairway I'll throw it on. Or maybe deep rough or something. I never wear it between shots or rarely do I. Keeps the "dead hand" effect down too....you know what I'm talking about.

Then add...

Rosin bag. The kind bowlers or tennis players use. Done. Hand sweats more when I'm wearing the glove. So I don't wear it. Just keep a towel for your hands to not let sweat run down. Use the Rosin 2-3 times per round. I wear titliest players gloves, usually good for a few months with the rotation and I play every weekend.

MCC+4 grips. Cords up top, rubber below. Works well.

Posted:
    PING G400 LST Fujikura XLR8 51 9.0*
    PING G400 Fujikura XLR8 61 16.5*
    PING i500 3-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 52*/46* TRP C-Taper Lite 110g
    Edel 58* DVR C-Taper Lite 110g
    PING Vault Anser2
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4556WRX Points: 323Posts: 4,556 Titanium Tees

I find wearing solar sleeves helps with the excess sweat rolling down the arm to hand and making the gloves worse.

i usually wear my sleeves in the hottest of heat and don't have issues with my glove if I take it off after each shot.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • tideridertiderider Members  3182WRX Points: 2,201Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,182 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • Go_TimeGo_Time Members  2620WRX Points: 332Posts: 2,620 Titanium Tees

FJ thin cloth rain glove. Nothing comes close. Can dunk it in water and you'll stlll have tons of grip.

Posted:
  • capkingcapking CanadaMembers  777WRX Points: 143Posts: 777 Golden Tee

Easiest solution is just to have lots of gloves in the rotation. I usually use 2-3 per round

Posted:

Advertisement
  • agolf1agolf1 Members  2056WRX Points: 1,234Posts: 2,056 Platinum Tees

I'm a big fan of rain gloves too. I live near the equator so it is always hot/humid. One or two rain gloves is enough for the entire round and they last longer (In this weather).

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • Sooner_HeathSooner_Heath Members  7WRX Points: 28Handicap: 8Posts: 7 Bunkers

I used to really struggle with this to point that I was fearful clubs would fly out of my hand during swing. I use a rain glove in left hand and I have a chalk bag attached to side of my golf bag. It’s like the ones climbers use. It’s nice because you can stick your hand in the bag to get the chalk which makes it less messy. I recommend Finger Ten rain gloves from Amazon because you can order just the left or right hand. They fit well and are inexpensive.

Posted:
  • trojanhorsetrojanhorse Members  112WRX Points: 62Posts: 112 Fairways

Baby powder is the cheapest solution. $3 for a big bottle at the dollar store and it will last a while. That along with a towel or 2 and you should be fine for a round since you have a few gloves to rotate

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4963WRX Points: 735Posts: 4,963 Titanium Tees

I love on the Texas Gulf Coast just outside Houston, so I know all about the disgusting humidity here.

that being said, I take my glove off after every shot. It is on my hand for 30 seconds or so at a time. Give my hands a cursory wipe on my towel or my shorts before I put it on. I very rarely sweat through a glove, and I am a sweater big time. My wife kind of bugs out on how much I sweat. I grab my club, put my glove on as I am finding my aiming reference point, address the ball and hit. As I’m walking toward my bag to put the club up, the glove comes back off.

Posted:
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers  3399WRX Points: 468Posts: 3,399 Titanium Tees

Just a warning - I got suckered into buying some gloves from Clawadaddy, who claimed their gloves provide grip in the conditions noted above. These gloves are absolute junk. I wore them on a hot an humid day and they did nothing for the grip - it actually was worse than a normal club. So I have 3 **** gloves that are useless.

Baby powder from now on.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4556WRX Points: 323Posts: 4,556 Titanium Tees

My playing partner uses these gloves. I ordered 2 last night from their website. For some reason amazon showed in stock for my size XL but a delivery date of September. Should have them by weeks end from their site.

hope they work.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • HsteadHstead Members  6378WRX Points: 222Posts: 6,378 Titanium Tees

I have used sweat bands and they help, rosin bags, baby powder, and I have also applied anti-perspirant deodorant to my forearms and hands. I generally try to keep three to four gloves ready to go with the previously mentioned methods.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
    Titleist 818 H1
    Ping i210 4-U X100
    Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #6
    ProV1
  • CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members  777WRX Points: 111Posts: 777 Golden Tee

Get a rosin bag! Someone here told me to do that when I asked the same question and it really works man! That or try the gorilla grip sticky towel, it works too but the rosin bag is way cheaper, albeit messier.

Posted:
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

• rtraudtrtraudt Members  1892WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,892 Platinum Tees

Save the mess and try GamerGrip! I apply it once before the round, it works in and dries to nothing (no odd residue, etc), and I play the entire round without grips. Way simpler than the rosin bag or powder. I mean, it’s not like we splash baby powder in our armpits every couple hours when we want to keep our armpits from sweating like crazy, we just apply antiperspirant!

Posted:
    PING G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6
    Callaway Epic Flash 15* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TEE CBX 18* and CB Pro U 21* Matrix Altus 
    Bridgestone J40 CB or Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
    Byron Morgan 612 or Odyssey Double Wide Flow
    Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
    Snell MTB X
  • alcap26alcap26 Charter Members  1402WRX Points: 147Posts: 1,402 Platinum Tees

Rain gloves

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bluedotbluedot Members  3987WRX Points: 626Handicap: 7.5Posts: 3,987 Titanium Tees

All the ideas about anitperspirants, talc, resin, etc., work for some people and not for others. In many cases, the sweat is coming off your arms down onto the glove, rather and from your hands themselves.

So here are some other ideas:

1. keep a really good towel with you to mop off your arms continually.
    2. if you are going to wear all leather gloves, you need to have at least 6 available,, maybe more, and change at least every three holes. Once they get soaked thru with sweat, they've never the same, so don't overuse them. When you take one off to change, hang it outside your bag for awhile and let it dry; don't just cram it back in the bag damp.
    3. consider a glove with a synthetic back and a leather palm; the Bionic glove with the black palm and white back is the best I've found.
    Posted:
  • moko jumbymoko jumby Members  46WRX Points: 97Posts: 46 Bunkers
    Posted:
  • jlukesjlukes Members  331WRX Points: 167Handicap: 3.7Posts: 331 Greens
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 VA Vylyn 75FIVE
    Titleist 818 H2 20* GD Tour AD DI 85x
    Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 GD Tour AD 95x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115 X(-)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 49.07 F - 54.10 S - 59.11D
    Mizuno M Craft II
    Bridgestone Tour B X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.