GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

2020 Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Test

Comments

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16612WRX Points: 1,622Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,612 Titanium Tees

Thanks for the feedback and that makes sense. I just got done playing and hit a lot of fairways with the RIPX. It's one of the lowest spin shafts I've hit in a long time, heck some shots even dropped out of the sky in the last 1/3rd of the flight which is surprising as I rarely am too low in spin. Overall i'm going to stick with it for a minute and if i keep hitting fairways I can't change.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • WardonationWardonation Members  1611WRX Points: 202Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,611 Platinum Tees

This is the SINGLE BEST thread on here period. I have been hoping that TOLL would do this again. This is just awesome thank you.. Ventus is it tipped? I have the blue untipped and tipped 1", I am thinking this shaft is very tip senstitive? I have blue 7s tipped 1 1/2" and need to really hammer it to keep the block away. I am thinking 1/2 to 3/4" tipping is what I should have done for me. 112ss... I am playing the blue as well...

Posted:
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors  5158WRX Points: 445Posts: 5,158 Titanium Tees

I do believe so, yes.

Also updated the first thread with all the new data.

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors  5158WRX Points: 445Posts: 5,158 Titanium Tees

Did all the rogue line long ago in it's own thread. The white tx is simply included as a control in this block.

Posted:

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • hurley999shurley999s Members  845WRX Points: 422Posts: 845 Golden Tee

I’ll take 1 secret proto please 😂

Kidding...maybe....depending on the profile.

Regardless just chiming in as a customer of yours who’s following along.

Posted:

I might be playing it if I could. Even we can't get any of them at this point. Hopefully sometime in the near future.

Posted:

Advertisement

Thank you, I appreciate that. Yes all shafts in this test are tipped. We do test everything untipped, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 inch etc....up to 1.5 inches. This test is one of those, but I can't reveal that info as we use it for fitting customers. I will say on a ventus black at 112, the generic recommendation without knowing your swing or load factors would be 1/2 inch.

Posted:

• Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members  462WRX Points: 141Handicap: 6Posts: 462 Greens

Toll thanks again for putting this type of data out there for us, your tests are always my go to source of data. Appreciate it brother.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade M3 3HL Ventus Black 7X
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno T20 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 54* & 58* Raw 
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5

Thank you sir. I should have the 110 data up by this evening. I've got a few status reports to finish up and then I'll post that up.

Posted:

• markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members  7395WRX Points: 204Handicap: 3.8Posts: 7,395 Titanium Tees

Opps, i meant to say Synergy Black TX 130MSI, not Rogue.

Posted:
    NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ p9003TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon ZTX-II 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

There is a new Synergy Black 2.0 floating around. I will have some more info on that soon.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers  591WRX Points: 143Posts: 591 Golden Tee

I feel late to the party on this but where is the data?

Posted:
    Witb: pb&j and extra socks

Are you saying you cannot see the attached data screens? Please let me know if you can't see it at all. There are currently 4 posted and I will continue to post one per day for a total of 10. Then after that I will post the analysis of the products, most likely all in the same day, or maybe over 2-3 days. Just keep checking back daily for more and more info

Posted:

• cheeeezzzcheeeezzz Members  305WRX Points: 74Posts: 305 Greens

Toll we can see the attached data. He must not have been looking at the first page.

Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3299WRX Points: 880Handicap: 6Posts: 3,299 Titanium Tees

Excited about this thread!

currently gaming an old aldila silver... If my secret evil plan goes... according to plan... I’ll be a customer next year.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• mtg6193mtg6193 Damn you people, go back to your shantys Stuart, FLMembers  591WRX Points: 143Posts: 591 Golden Tee

Oops yeah sorry I was scrolling and mistook them for ads. No idea why. I do see them thanks. Love these threads by the way.

Posted:

Advertisement

Are tp5x what you guys game or did you just decide on that for this testing?

Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1755WRX Points: 400Posts: 1,755 Platinum Tees

That could be a good fairway shaft to go with the rogue white. Although I still want to try the white in a fairway. ..

Posted:
  • CKalmaCKalma Members  490WRX Points: 107Posts: 490 Greens

This is exactly where I am at. I love the Rogue White in my driver, but I'm thinking I like the feeling of a more stout fairway shaft. The Tour Blue feels loose to me even with the 95TX...

Posted:
    TM M5 9* Aldila Rogue White 70TX 
    TM M3 15* Aldila Tour Blue 95TX
    TM P790 3, 2014 MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG T.I. X100
    TM MG 52* 56* Hi-Toe 60* T.I. Onyx S400
    TM Spider Tour Black

Am I the only one who keeps refreshing the page for the 110 data?

Posted:
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members  2820WRX Points: 394Handicap: 2.9Posts: 2,820 Titanium Tees

Haha. You’re the only one interested in the 110mph data at 100mph actual 😂😂😂

Posted:

Advertisement

😂😂

Posted:
  • J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16612WRX Points: 1,622Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,612 Titanium Tees

The results won't be much different for 110mph guy vs 117mph guy. Keep in mind for each swing speed they are using each shaft but tipped appropriately. If something changes it would be more to do with the swing and load the player puts on the shaft. The results posted give you a pretty good idea of what the shafts do. Now if your talking a 95mph swing speed then things could change.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

• jgrove74jgrove74 Members  187WRX Points: 75Posts: 187 Fairways

The Secret Prototype is looking juicy!

JT, is the AV Raw 2.0 firmly in the bag or is the secret prototype a contender once the cat is out of the bag? When do you plan to start selling them?

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 9 w/ Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60TX
    Taylormade SIM 15 w/ Tensei Blue AV TX 75
    Titleist 818H1 19* w/ Even Flow Black 85H 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 iron w/Project X 6.0
    Srixon Z785 4-PW w/Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM7 Raw 50.08F and 54.10S*. TaylorMade Raw Hi 58*. Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 38 Blackout, TaylorMade Spider X, Odyssey O'Works Tour R-Ball

Block one at 110mph added.

Posted:

It's the ball I personally play, but that's just coincidence. We use it for every test because we want all variable controlled so that the only thing that isn't identical is the actual component being tested.

Posted:

Advertisement

You're right. Things can change based on load, aoa, etc, but the real difference in those things, or should I say more typical differences begin to occur around that 105mph mark and below and at 120 and above. Certain shafts can really become unusable from a launch and spin perspective at lower speeds if the player isn't very quick tempo or doesn't have a very late snappy release, or very high speeds things can become astronomically high launch, spin or all over the map if they don't suit the player.

Posted:

That proto is still a developmental product. I can't even play it even if I wanted to. The only reason I switched to the 2.0 AV white is to lower my ball flight with the SIM head, that launches too high for me, but is extremely hot faced and very low spin. It's splitting hairs on a launch monitor, but testing both on the golf course, I'm 5-8 yards of overall distance longer with the 2.0. Everything else other than Rogue White TX is substantially shorter overall for me. The secret proto, I know, corny way to say it at the moment, is definitely a contender once I can get one to really put some work into. I suspect it will hit Tour in the next 3 weeks to a month or so, and then there will be some access to the product.

Posted:

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3299WRX Points: 880Handicap: 6Posts: 3,299 Titanium Tees

Seems like the prototype is a pretty clear winner... Does it feel as good as it performs?

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.