***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Getting back in to walking 18......my shoes arent cutting it.

2»

Comments

• bluedotbluedot Members  3993WRX Points: 636Handicap: 7.5Posts: 3,993 Titanium Tees

Same here; I've got the green Superfeet insert in ALL my shoes, golf, running and casual. Went to them many years ago after a long bout of plantars fascitis in both feet, and they've made all the difference for me. I don't think very many shoes have an arch support that is adequate for somebody with even an average arch, much less a high one. 6 plus miles is a long way to walk without really, really good arch supports, and most shoes, even very expensive ones, just don't have that.

OP, what you are getting here is everybody's personal recommendation of what shoe fits their feet. The reason that there are so many opinions is because people's feet are different, and what feels great to one guy is going to cripple another. I can't wear Nikes or Footjoys; my foot is too wide across the toe box, but narrow at the heel, so that a extra wide shoe feels too loose. So I run in Asics, and walk golf courses in Eccos, but that's for MY foot.

My best advice would be to get to a REALLY good running store and let somebody who knows what they are doing take a look at your foot, and work from there. Shoes of different brands are cut on different lasts, and a size 12 in one shoe won't be the same as another. Maybe find a running shoe that feels right, and then head to the golf store and see if you can find a golf shoe that is cut the same way.

And don't sleep on the idea of arch supports, ok? They're expensive, especially on top of a new $150+ pair of shoes, but your feet are a REALLY bad place to save money if you plan to walk a golf course.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfunderpar18golfunderpar18 Members  496WRX Points: 222Posts: 496 Greens

Just picked up a few pairs. These are true linkswear outsiders. Older model but brand new via eBay. Just have them on to try in the house first. My feet have been having issues. I have bunions and also if hot I get blisters on heels easily. i have a pair of true linkswear knits in transit also. If the knots feel good I’m going to buy the true linkswear feels. Any more feedback on this brand? I’ve been wearing Footjoy classics for a Long time. Love the traditional look.

ive also been trying some different socks. Bought a pair of kentwood tour series and tried in the house this week. Very comfy. Not cheap but if they work I’m ok with splurging for a few more. Also tried a pair of balega. This is what I wore a few weeks ago with footjoys that killed my feet.

Posted:
  • geesecougar2geesecougar2 Members  2088WRX Points: 153Handicap: 6Posts: 2,088 Platinum Tees

Yes. I wear my Roshes when walking, and my Dryjoys Tour when riding.

I find the sneaker-like shoes are better for walking, but the more traditional "golf" shoes have more stability and help my footwork.

Posted:
    M1 8.5 Diamana D+ 70 X
    M2 Tour Kuro Kage 70 X
    Rescue 11 18 RIP 105 X
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4 X100
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
    Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
    Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees

My wife works for a company that makes socks, but I wear Kentwool on the course. Never had a blister.

Posted:
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members  1376WRX Points: 271Posts: 1,376 Platinum Tees

Try out Salewa ultra trains as the next pair. Awesome

Posted:
    Xr 6* | hulk75tx(tipped 1.5, 44.75 playing length)   /  f9 13*  | hulk95tx (tipped 1.5, 43” playing length)  /  f8+ 16.5 | tzx100m5 (tipped 1.5, 41” playing length)  /   P790udi 17* | x7  /  p790 24* | x7wedge   Forgedonelength 4-p | x7wedge   onelengthmim 56*10 , 62*10| x7wedge  /  hitoe 64*5 | x7wedge  /   Phantomx(35”) | stabilitytour /  jumbomax ultralite xl  /  zstarxv

• golfunderpar18golfunderpar18 Members  496WRX Points: 222Posts: 496 Greens

Thanks. I haven’t yet tried in the course. Do they breathe well? They seem very comfy and padded. Where do you buy? Tried a New pair on eBay For $12. Still a lot for a pair of socks but.....

Posted:

Advertisement
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees

I think wool is a great fabric. They keep me warm in the winter, but not hot in the summer. I think you will find that they are well worth the price.

Posted:
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members  1376WRX Points: 271Posts: 1,376 Platinum Tees

This. I only wear cleats when I’m on the range or playing for money. Otherwise I’m wearing sneakers with great grip.

Posted:
    Xr 6* | hulk75tx(tipped 1.5, 44.75 playing length)   /  f9 13*  | hulk95tx (tipped 1.5, 43” playing length)  /  f8+ 16.5 | tzx100m5 (tipped 1.5, 41” playing length)  /   P790udi 17* | x7  /  p790 24* | x7wedge   Forgedonelength 4-p | x7wedge   onelengthmim 56*10 , 62*10| x7wedge  /  hitoe 64*5 | x7wedge  /   Phantomx(35”) | stabilitytour /  jumbomax ultralite xl  /  zstarxv

• jbrunkjbrunk Central IllinoisMembers  822WRX Points: 225Handicap: 11Posts: 822 Golden Tee

I’ve dealt with Achilles tendinitis and gout over the last several years. Pretty sure it was influenced by 1) wearing worn out shoes for too long, 2) picking up cheap, ill-fitting, zero-drop golf shoes off eBay.

Since then, I’ve found Skechers Elite to be a comfortable fit, pretty neutral so they work well with my orthotics. Been walking in FJ SL Pro this year, plenty of toe structure and the excellent heel comfort. Skechers Pro when I ride.

Posted:

Late Summer 2020 WITB

Ping G400 10.5° 1W Elements Chrome 6F4

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° 3W HZRDUS Smoke 70

Callaway Rogue 19° 5W EvenFlow Blue 75

Ping G400 22° 4Hy NV 2KXV Green 85H

Ping i200 5i-UW AWT 2.0

Cleveland Zipcore 56.10 Mid 56.06 Low (testing)

******* CW2 CS Putter

• PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members  8552WRX Points: 336Handicap: 6Posts: 8,552 Titanium Tees

Well I went to the store and actually tried stuff on. Didnt find the Skechers to fit my feet well.....

Tried on the new Boost tour in 11w, holy cow those felt great

Posted:
    Taylormade Original One Mini 9.5° - DG x100
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Srixon z765 5 iron S300
    Wilson Staff FG62 6-PW - S300 Hard Stepped
    TM HiToe 52°/56°/62° 
    Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport 325g or KZG Milled 1.0mm -Both with a P2 Aware Grip
    2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)
  • Flip4000Flip4000 Never Lays Up.... Zero Fox Given Members  912WRX Points: 51Posts: 912 Golden Tee

Doesnt new balance sell golf shoes now too that are very similar to the walking shoes? Might be something to look into if you haven't already

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ShakesterShakester Members  652WRX Points: 160Handicap: 9Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Travis Mathew’s Cuater Moneymakers are the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever had. Maybe even more comfortable than most of my any shoes as well.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Cobra Soeedzone 14.5 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Bridgestone B X 
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members  3547WRX Points: 178Handicap: 3.3Posts: 3,547 Titanium Tees

I also am a FJ fanboy, so I say Pro SL with some custom inserts, work wonders for me, I have some issues after an accident in Afghanistan while on active duty, knee surgeries and back surgeries, the Pro SL simply work for me, classics, tour X the all are very comfortable, that said, I always use a different insole...

Posted:
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1
  • savingparsavingpar Members  27WRX Points: 53Posts: 27 Bunkers

Adidas boost = cloud nine. For me

anyone one gone from adidas boost golf shoes to anything different that’s better for walking recs?

Posted:
  • ShowMeShowMe Members  546WRX Points: 96Handicap: 1.4Posts: 546 Golden Tee

The Nike ZITs are the most comfortable shoe for walking that I've tried. The Adidas Code Chaos were second. However, the grip and lateral stability on the ZITs were horrible for me. The Code Chaos had much better grip and stability, but not quite as good as I like.

Given that, the Nike React Vapor 2's and the Adidas Tour 360 XT Primeknits provide the best combo of lightweight comfort, traction, and stability for me for walking.

I do prefer the React technology over the Boost for comfort, but I would happily wear either.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 13.5* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 18* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping i210 5-UW Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 SS 56* Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scottie Newport M2[/font]
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4567WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,567 Titanium Tees

I have boost 360 Xt, Truelinkswear TL-01, Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 BOA and Adidas CodeChaos all currently. the CodeChaos are the best walking shoe of all of these and the best walking shoe I have had yet.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Advertisement
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers  2541WRX Points: 304Handicap: 5.5Posts: 2,541 Titanium Tees

I walk pretty much every round and the most comfortable shoes I've worn are the UA HOVR Drive and the ASICS Gel-Course Duo. Of the two, I would give the edge to the ASICS because of the BOA lacing system. The HOVR Drive is a great shoe, but the laces loosen easily.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 12*, GD AD BB 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4 | Miura 52.06 | Miura 56.10 | Miura 60.09
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.