***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Looking for a course with great training facilities for spring trip

GunGun ·  
GunGunGunGun Members  63WRX Points: 60Handicap: Whoknows?Posts: 63 Bunkers

So I’m thinking about travelling to practice in next spring around Easter. I usually go to Spain to Costa Ballena but have started wondering what other options are out there. It is a plus if there is a package deal with hotel and unlimited golf. Any dream locations you guys know of ?

must have

• a great short game facilities
  • a range on grass where you can practice drives
  • a good course , plus if it has more than 18 holes
  • and another plus if there are some great courses nearby

and for all other Costa Ballena gets 100% recommendation I have just been there 8 times 😅

Posted:

Comments

• ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Members  574WRX Points: 127Handicap: 8Posts: 574 Golden Tee

Where are you from? That will help others with ideas.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GunGunGunGun Members  63WRX Points: 60Handicap: Whoknows?Posts: 63 Bunkers

I’m from Iceland :) sorry yeah that might help

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,224Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees

best bet is probably Arizona ... southern US is the only other place that might have the weather to have its practice facilities fully operational, but that's iffy in early April ... don't recall Streamsong having a particularly great practice area, though it's in Florida and there are 3 quality courses ... not even sure Pinehurst resort/the Pinehurst area would be completely up/running by then, range wise, but it's pricey at that time ... certainly has plenty of quality courses ...

Posted:
  • ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Members  574WRX Points: 127Handicap: 8Posts: 574 Golden Tee

If you want to go to the USA, Myrtle Beach SC is an option. There are 83 public courses.

Legends Resort has condos, a big clubhouse, a big range, 3 courses on site and 2 more about a half hour away.

Wherever you go, check on the CVirus situation in that country first.

Posted:

Yeah Covid will be in consideration when choosing a location. I have been to Florida 5 times and while the courses are amazing I did not find any outstanding practice areas. Thanks for the tips guys I will look at those mentions above. It would be nice to find something in Europe but the states are always fun 😊

Posted:
  • 575M575M Members  16WRX Points: 11Posts: 16 Bunkers

As I recall TPC Sawgrass just outside of Jacksonville, FL had excellent practice facilities. Multiple courses including the Stadium course that’s used for The Player’s Championship. Not far south from there is the World Golf Hall of Fame in the event that may interest you.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • PeteNCPeteNC Members  90WRX Points: 40Handicap: .5Posts: 90 Fairways

Sounds like my kind of Trip!

You could look at some of the 36 hole clubs in Bluffton(before Hilton Head) in SC. They have some experience packages more designed to attract new members.

Also some of the Robert Trent Jones Trail courses in Alabama could be nice...It's a hit or miss time of year for all with how green & lush the Bermuda will be...can make practicing challenging. Some may overseed though. One think I like about some of all the above is they have par 3 courses...I think those are great for practice imho.

It's also the week before the Masters I believe...Often this time of year that part of the country is busy with quit a few trips of people coming in to golf and spend a day or two at the Masters.

Posted:

Yeah I have found some interesting resorts all over the world. Some in the USA are on par with facilities but usually a lot more expensive than Costa Ballena.

Im trying so hard to find a reason to go somewhere else than Costa Ballena once again but price wise and with world class facilities, multiple courses and a great par 3 course it is though to beat. When I stay there I’m on a hotel with breakfast and dinner included and unlimited golf and unlimited access to practice area 🤷‍♀️

I’m waiting for a reply from Sawgrass at the moment.

from Costa - maybe this is just hard to beat

PRACTICE FACILITIES PUTTING GREEN & APPROACH

One of the biggest in Europe, with a width of 345 meters (120 players can practice at the same time) and 350 meters long with views out to the Atlantic Ocean. The whole range is grass with no need for mats with floodlights for those who want to practice at night.

We also have an immense area to practice you short game, a big putting green with a whole variety of slopes and undulations. Also 2 chipping and pitching greens with slopes and undulations to practice any shot imaginable, all the chipping greens have bunkers surrounding them.

Posted:
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members  2085WRX Points: 207Posts: 2,085 Platinum Tees

World Woods, Brooksville, Florida.

Two world class courses. Monster practice facility.

Reasonably priced.

https://worldwoods.com/practice-facilities/

Posted:

Have you been there recently? It looks awesome and the layout is great with huge practice facilities. Recent reviews says it is run down and a lot of things need to be fixed ? Otherwise it looks perfect

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,224Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Advertisement

Just come with me to Costa Ballena if I give up looking also :p

Posted:
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members  2085WRX Points: 207Posts: 2,085 Platinum Tees

I have not played World Woods in a couple of years, so can't testify to its current operational levels. You might want to check the regional travel forums for Florida and reach out to somebody in the area.

Posted:
  • rapeckrapeck Members  82WRX Points: 40Handicap: 14Posts: 82 Fairways

Pinehurst

Posted:
  • hammergolfhammergolf St. LouisMembers  652WRX Points: 317Handicap: 3Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Wow, looks like a great place and really good value. 7 nights including breakfast and dinner, 5 days of unlimited golf and range $600 is a steal! If we are able to travel in December I will seriously consider this.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tour 65 Stiff
    Ping G410 3wd @ 15.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 7wd @ 19.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50*, 56* @ 55, 60* Modus 105 Stiff
    Evnroll TR8 33"

I know.. :) let me know if you go I can give you some tips

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bsavy83bsavy83 Members  11WRX Points: 10Posts: 11 Bunkers

Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island. Three courses -- Atlantic Dunes, Harbour Town, Heron Point. The PGA stops at Harbour town the week after the masters so that might overlap with your dates. Practice area at the Atlantic Dunes/Heron Point area is very large. Multiple putting greens. Short game area. Large range and great teaching staff if you dig that sort of thing. There are hotels in the area but also a lot of vrbo offerings. If you are looking to splurge May River Plantation is another high end place in the area about 45 minutes from the island. I think they do some experience packages and might include a round at Harbour Town (I know they used to anyway). Weather is accommodating that time of year (not too hot but still plenty warm).

Someone above mentioned Arizona. That's a good call too. Scottsdale/Phoenix area. Almost too many places to pick from. TPC Scottsdale gives you that PGA feel. Troon is notorious for it's facilities out there.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.