***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Ebay Shady Bidder Alert - Quickshipgolf

bnperrone ·  
bnperronebnperrone Members  131WRX Points: 48Posts: 131 Fairways

I've noticed for a while that anytime you search for a particular item you'll see low priced options with a lot of bids that just so happens to get bid up successfully, and it's always that way with this seller. Obviously pricing low is a legit tactic, but not when it's manipulated. I got firsthand experience with it bidding on a putter. In the end, the price was still pretty attractive, despite the grip being misrepresented as Winn and clearly only a Winn end cap was put on a different grip. There was no headcover either, so it wasn't a smoking deal. You can also see a legitimate buyer wound up with it in the end, but the price was clearly bid up by related bidders. Please see below for the bidding history on the item, and some of the bidders' own histories. The way Ebay anonymizes usernames makes it a little wonky to follow, but the feedback scores link them. Look at the 100% bidder-buyer relationships over dozens of items, bidders with zero feedback, etc. Keep in mind these are actual bids vs automatic bids. The person who brought it up to my initial max $100 range was manually making bids, inching up to find where I'd still have the high bid but without entering an automatic bid threshold of their own They could tell when they hit my max because their $99.20 bid was replaced by my $100 despite the $2.50 bidding increment. They then walked away and never made another attempt.

I don't think this is a huge surprise to people who follow the marketplace, but when I dug into it it became clear that there's no way it was a coincidence. I notified Ebay but I can't imagine they'll do anything to a seller who generates that level of fees for them. If I'm not allowed to start this conversation mods please let me know, but I'm providing strong evidence and not simply lobbing an accusation.

Posted:

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees

I rarely bid on things, but I've used 'buy it now' about a dozen times with quickship and theyve been fine each time. YMMV I guess.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cardia10cardia10 Members  2656WRX Points: 277Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

Quick ship has a history of this like other high volume sellers. Ebay will never shut it down as it drives up their revenue in closed item pricing. I’ve bought from them before but bid my max bid in the first bid. Let their own employees bid it up if they want, but it is sad that eBay allows this to be a common practice.

Posted:
    Post edited by cardia10 on
  • storm319storm319 USMembers  4466WRX Points: 600Posts: 4,466 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • bnperronebnperrone Members  131WRX Points: 48Posts: 131 Fairways

@storm319 @cardia10 I knew I'd seen in in the past, but didn't have the threads at my fingertips. I just couldn't believe how blatant it was when I looked into it. I totally get that Ebay won't do a thing due to revenue.

Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

Unfortunately they do far too much volume for eBay to ever do anything about this. They have created a market that is so buyer-centric in terms of protection that they have tied their hands a bit in terms of enforcing potential seller rule violations like this.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • gridironesqgridironesq Roseville, CAMembers  621WRX Points: 118Handicap: Lack of focus Posts: 621 Golden Tee

I 100% agree with OP. I’ve always tried to avoid this group of sellers, but lately I could see what they were bidding up to for a driver I wanted and it was a good deal. Of course they did bait and switch on shipping. The ad said USPS priority mail, but now I’m waitng over a week for delivery as they used UPS instead. This all could have been avoided if wrxers would check the WTB forum before listing.

Posted:
    Current Gamers
    MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
    TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 
    MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
    CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
    TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
    2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
    2019 PROV1X (Summer)

Advertisement

Make sure to ding them with negative feedback over shipping. This will draw more people’s attention.

Posted:
  • e-mane-man Members  2276WRX Points: 202Posts: 2,276 Platinum Tees

FYI, these days UPS is much better than USPS. USPS is experiencing really heavy delays. I sold two clubs at the end of June, sent both USPS 2-3 day priority, and here we are 3 weeks later and neither has been delivered.

Posted:

I've sold and shipped out a bunch of old stuff recently, and USPS 2-day priority has been fast on most of them and a couple days slow on a few. No rhyme or reason to it. Fedex 2-day took almost a week on one occasion. I only used it because that was an ebay sale and it was just as cheap as slower methods. It's rolling the dice, and I have a feeling that all of the shipping agencies have some processing centers being hit hard by absences.

I'm not arguing against your experience, but it seems very unpredictable these days no matter what service is used.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3836WRX Points: 797Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

I have bought lots of stuff from quickship, but always via buy it now. Crazy good prices, items as described, and quick shipping. One of the first sellers I look to when looking for a previous model in new condition.

Posted:

• DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  4037WRX Points: 701Posts: 4,037 ClubWRX

I'm not sure they shill bid but I am sure that if you bid and win at a price that is too low... they may very well simply not honor the sale and will end refunding your money once you call them on it. How do I know? Because I have had it happen to me twice now. And yes Ebay turns a complete blind eye to this activity.

Despite this being true... I have purchased some items which were very good deals through them.

Posted:

Advertisement

I am sure all of the stories here are true but I recently had a great experience with them. I won a g25 lob wedge for $15 and the following day a g25 sand wedge for $23. I messaged them and they combined shipping. Clubs were sent out within a day and I received them within a few days. That said, there was another g25 lob wedge they were selling that ended a few days later and I noticed like 30 bids and a number of 0 feedback bidders. Don’t know if they are shill bidders but could be and the price was bid up to $45.

Posted:
  • howaboutmehowaboutme Fairfax, VAMembers  289WRX Points: 82Posts: 289 Greens

I've bought from them and will continue to do so. The shill bidding or the potential cancellations don't bother me but maybe my standards are low? Nothing I buy from them is stuff I need. I set a price and if it is above, I move on. I only bid at the last minute/second anyways so by that time, I have a good idea of the final price. Great deals to be had.

Posted:

As I mentioned above, I recently had a great experience with this seller. I purchased 2 ping G 25 wedges very cheaply and they combined shipping (total cost was less than $50). The transaction was seamless. That said, I have been watching some of their other auctions lately and something just doesn’t make sense. I’ll let you be the judge. Two sets of Ping g25 irons, stock CFS steel shafts, one went for $760 plus $18 for shipping and the other for $405 plus $18 for shipping, both appeared to have been won by the same buyer with a 17 feedback rating who placed a bid a day or so before the auction ended. Here are the links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Ping-G25-Black-Dot-Iron-Set-4-W-U-CFS-Stiff-Flex-Steel-Shafts-/324225771675

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Ping-G25-White-Dot-Iron-Set-4-W-U-CFS-Stiff-Flex-Steel-Shafts-/333661825248

Posted:

I definitely expect people to have good experiences. They have 150k+ transactions. But, you know, at the same time fraud is fraud. If somebody sells stolen goods, for example, it doesn't reflect positively on them when the buyer is happy. Same goes for the shill bidding.

When the item I was bidding on was being driven up, it happened a day or two before the end of it. I think basically they do their best to jack it to an acceptable point and then step away. The goal is to leave it where an auto-bid keeps an actual bidder in high position. That's exactly what happened with mine. It's possible that in this case they accidentally overshot the legitimate bidders and then nobody else was interested. Or it's a complete coincidence, but it's a red flag regardless. What really did it for me was seeing the 100% bidder/seller relationship among dozens and dozens of items. In the case you posted above, it's 100% over 167 items bid on. Nobody is going to convince me that there are legions of legitimate ebay buyers making hundreds of bids with minimal transactions and bidding solely on items from any one seller. It's absurd.

Posted:
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Charlotte, NCMembers  697WRX Points: 430Handicap: 8.7Posts: 697 Golden Tee

I just wait to bid until 5 seconds, make my highest bid I'm willing to pay. I've gotten some crazy deals in the past 2 years. Many from quickshipgolf and ksouth.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue sz w/ Fuji Speeder IV 661
    Mizuno ST190 3W w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI
    Mizuno MP-20 SEL HMB 3 & 4 iron w/ DG 120 S300
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW w/ DG 120 S300
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52°/12° F Grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58°/11° K Grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 62°/8° T Grind
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V1 golf balls

Advertisement
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX  4841WRX Points: 556Handicap: 3.2Posts: 4,841 ClubWRX

This. You have to wait till the very end to bid to avoid the BS. And at that point either the price will be too high and you'll walk or you may have a shot at a great deal... but bidding early rarely ever works anymore. Ebay is terrible, I only go there if I'm desperate, drunk, or really bored.

Posted:
    Taylormade M6 9*
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* 
    Titleist 915h 21* 
    Srixon Z745 4-P
    Mizuno T20 50, 54, 58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

That is 100% all the proof that is needed, but Ebay would never punish the sellers that create the bulk of the income. Some companies are just liars and cheats and this is a prime example. Sadly, not much you can do other than buying from them then leaving negative feedback.

Posted:

Agreed on all. It's also frustrating that it skews the entire marketplace. Any normal person is going to do some market research before they price an item to sell or purchase. If you trust Ebay policies then these listings will give an unrealistic low price mid-auction because they'll just be fraudulently bid up later. It hurts everybody. I'm just hoping to bring some awareness.

Posted:
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

This is their M.O. and has been for a long time. If you can find what you want via 'Buy It Now' that's the way to go. Some good deals to be had with them. If you do win an auction with a low price, there is a good chance they will cancel the sale saying the item is out of stock, then relist it the next day. Had this happen to me a couple of times, so just stick with B.I.N. with this particular seller now.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.