***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Man, golf can be pretty hectic!

2»

Comments

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

^ Guess it just depends on the person, I enter my score for the hole into my garmin watch after I putt out, I don't do all the club tracking stuff. But I can remember most every shot I take in a round even weeks later. Maybe I'll forget some of the bad shots on a blowout hole, but if I try, I can remember most every shot and most of my playing partners shots too. Good memory I guess.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers  3934WRX Points: 1,093Handicap: 3.9Posts: 3,934 Titanium Tees

The short answer is yes, most can remember a course hole-by-hole, even one that's new. After all, if it's a new experience you should be paying attention.

Memories start to fade when I'm trying to think back to something that was 2-, 3- or 4-rounds prior but recalling all of the shots you had upon finishing a round should not be a big ask.

I think maybe is a clue that you're not thinking as you should be out there. Maybe all this stat-tracking and score-keeping is distracting you from focusing the way you should be?

If you need to know your yardages, go book a session on a launch monitor. Boom. Done.

If you need to write down your score and your putts, grab a scorecard and a pencil and take 5 seconds to write it down after you finish a hole.

Posted:
    Driver: M3 w. Tensei CK Pro Org.
    Fairway: AeroBurner (3-HL)
    Hybrid: T.E.E. E8 (22)
    Irons: 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Newport 2 Select
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3836WRX Points: 797Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

When I play a new course it can be somewhat difficult, especially when there are par 4s that are similar. For a course I know well, I have no issues recalling every shot and that's how I'll typically figure out my score at the end of the day if I wasn't using a scorecard.

Posted:

• 2bGood2bGood Members  5636WRX Points: 866Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,636 Titanium Tees

I can do it with new courses and old course. I will admit I find it easier to remember holes in sequence on new courses, and on a new course if someone said "tell me about hole 14" I would have to think about the holes leading up to it unless it was very memorable hole.

OP - maybe you really are making golf too hectic and not letting your mind actually engage in the experience of playing the holes.

Posted:
    Post edited by 2bGood on
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer San Jose, CaClubWRX  3816WRX Points: 254Handicap: 4.1Posts: 3,816 ClubWRX

I enjoy the round and have awesome conversations with my foursome. Not sure what you are trying to get out of your round?

Posted:
    Ping 400 Oban Devotion
    Callaway Epic SZ 14* Hazardous Smoke 6.5
    Ping Crossover 3 iron 
    Ping S55 TI AMT S400 4-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,58 115
    Odyssey Proto  
    Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members  701WRX Points: 414Posts: 701 Golden Tee

I can recall most every shot from my most recent round, even if the course is relatively new to me. But I definitely cannot do it for the rest of the players in my foursome. I just don't watch them that closely. I watch them only close enough so that I'm giving them the proper time and space to hit their shots (basic etiquette), but knowing the strokes they took - not a chance for me. I admit, I get pretty locked into my own game.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GseaGsea Members  66WRX Points: 82Posts: 66 Bunkers

OP get a Jones bag, 7-9 clubs, a couple of tees, 6 balls, a scorecard & pencil and just go golf. Enjoy the game. All the rest is just head pollution.

Posted:
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1301WRX Points: 454Posts: 1,301 Platinum Tees

Like music, chew, cigars, lasers, gps,phones as long as it doesn’t slow you down or disturb other golfers do what you like

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10350WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,350 ClubWRX

I rarely play the same course more than a couple of times a year. One season I played 24 different courses of the 60 odd rounds I played. I never use more than a scorecard to maintain a record of the round. Keep track of Fairways, Greens, Yardage, Putts, Feet of Putts, Penalties, Good Swings, Bad Swings and Misses. Takes a couple of seconds while I wait to tee off on the next hole. I played 36 today. I could sit down and tell you about every swing if I wanted to, but I learned that no one really cares except me.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  7452WRX Points: 1,520Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 7,452 Titanium Tees

I'm with you except on a new course I probably couldn't remember half a dozen shots after the round. I'd never remember the layout the first time around. It generally takes me a good 6 or 7 rounds to remember an entire layout.

Once I remember tha layout, like yourself, I can tell you about each shot after the round,,,,, 'til the next round on that same course. Then the prior one would be forgotten. LOL

That said, I've never written down all my scores on the card AFTER the round,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted:
    Post edited by nsxguy on

• BPetryBPetry Members  110WRX Points: 67Handicap: 13Posts: 110 Fairways

Maybe, instead of having to do all that stuff on our phones every hole, shot, or putt, we are storing it away in our heads for later recollection. I cannot interact with my phone more than to change music, or change the hole on the Bushnell app for the Wingman. Now at the end of the round, when bullshitting with my friends and settling bets, we all talk about our rounds with the others that were in another 4 some. I find this more enjoyable and leads to better scores than constantly tracking every stroke taken. But your mileage may vary...

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 6R
    Mizuno JPX850 - Fuji Motore 6.3 (Possibly Retired!)
    Cobra F9 3 wood 14.5* Fujikura Atmos 7R
    Cobra 2H 17* Fujikura Atoms 7R
    Cobra 4H 21* Fujikura Atmos 7R
    Cobra King Forged Tec 5-P KBS Taper Lite R
    Titleist Vokey SM8 48* SM 7 52*, 56*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Notchback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.