***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Tour Issue M3 head is super loud *UPDATE*

Lloyd_Christmas29 ·  
Lloyd_Christmas29Lloyd_Christmas29 Members  351WRX Points: 80Posts: 351 Greens

Bought this off eBay. Visually everything seems in order. Seller seems reputable. 100% feedback and sells a lot of golf equipment. However, I get to the range tonight, and the driver sounds like a frying pan. Also the feel was terrible and the head felt much heavier than my sim. A little back story. I started the season with an m3 driver. Switched to a sim but haven’t been liking it so I decided to go back to another m3 head. My old m3 had much more of a “thwack” sound to it so I’m just thrown off. Performance wise it was hard to tell with range balls and I couldn’t see the landing area enough to tell if they were landing 250 or 290. Is it common for tour issue heads to be really loud? I will update once I compare on course with regular balls against my sim.

UPDATE*

Added a few grams of hot melt to try and tone down the sound a little and get the swing weight to D6. Since I’m using a 44.5 shaft the heavier weight in the head isn’t an issue. Sound still seems loud and feel seems on the harsher side but maybe I just got used to the Sim which is really muted in comparison. Anyways, I hit 13 fairways with it today and everything was flying my normal driver distance so if it’s a fake, I’m hitting a fake better than my Sim. Thanks for the replies.

Posted:
Taylormade M3 10.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 70
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 Speeder TS 8.2
Titleist 818 H1 21 Speeder TS 8.8
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 KBS C-Taper 
Titleist SM5 46-08, 52-08, 58-08, 60-07
Scotty Cameron Golo OG
Post edited by Lloyd_Christmas29 on

Comments

• awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX

Did you weigh the head or get the weight on the sticker? I bet its in the 190s and that would include the sleeve. Most real tour issue heads come bone dry inside. By this I mean no hot melt or rattle glue. This way the tour truck can set the head up perfectly for the player that will be using it. Your head is real and probably just doesn't have any glue in it to mute the sound.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees

As previously mentioned, you got a tour head that has no hot melt/rat glue in it which they use to get the weight up and to mute the sound.

Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • Lloyd_Christmas29Lloyd_Christmas29 Members  351WRX Points: 80Posts: 351 Greens

That makes sense. I have not weighed it and it didn’t come with any stickers, just has the stamp on the hosel. I always see that tour heads have hotmelt so I expected this one to be quieter than normal if anything. Do you know of any way to quiet down the sound or where I can get it hot melted?

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Golo OG
  • crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members  836WRX Points: 119Posts: 836 Golden Tee

I know you can send the head to will peoples and he will hot melt for a fee.

Chris

Posted:
    Tour issue Cobra Speedzone 9 with Ventus black 6x
    PXG 0341 gen 2 15 Ventus black 7x
    Tour issue p790 3i with steelfiber 110x
    PXG gen3 0311p 4-p C-Taper Lite 115x
    PXG 50-54-60 0311t milled C-taper Lite 115x
    Tour issue Heavy Spider X Or Circle T golo 3
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4150WRX Points: 901Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees

Or you could buy a decent hotmelt gun and cartridge of glue for $125 from hotmelt.com

Then you can still do other clubs later if you need.

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Lloyd_Christmas29Lloyd_Christmas29 Members  351WRX Points: 80Posts: 351 Greens

Will having no hot melt affect performance such as making it spin more? Or is it just about weight and sound?

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Golo OG

Advertisement
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9564WRX Points: 3,179Posts: 9,564 Titanium Tees

You would need a whole lot to make a measurable impact on spin,, but will for sure impact sound and weight. If all placed in one place (ie heel or toe) can impact draw or fade bias.

Posted:
  • TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 259Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees

It should just be mainly sound, although depending on how much they use if they used a ton like 15+G it could marginally impact launch/spin depending on where it's placed.

Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron

So I weighed the head and it is 203 grams without the sleeve. I want to hot melt it for the sound but I’m worried swing weight will get too heavy.

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Golo OG
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4150WRX Points: 901Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees

It’s Simple. I bet there are YouTube videos that walk you through it. I have the “advanced” gun and I think it drops 2g of glue each full pull.

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Advertisement
  • TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee

I forget about YouTube... I guess im concerned I would glue the wrong spot.

Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

You can always buy aftermarket weights that are lighter than stock to make adjustments. Check the existing weights to make sure they are stock as well.

@awtryau89 nailed it though. Tour Issue heads are almost always going to be lighter so they can be built up to spec for the player. A 203g head is on the heavy side for sure and could explain why it has no hot melt whereas a lighter one might.

It is good to also consider the nature of the "Tour Issue" stuff that the public ultimately gets their hands on. These things aren't manufactured for the tour, just sorted for certain specs that are going to be more desirable for the tour player. This means that a lot of the time the "Tour Issue" stuff that ends up on eBay are the leftovers, things that are on the edges of those typically "desirable" ranges, like a heavier head for example. Don't be afraid to tinker with it, it is exactly what they they would do on the tour van. Swap weights, put hot melt in it etc etc.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • 14mh14mh Members  330WRX Points: 107Posts: 330 Greens

203 without the adapter seems heavy for a tour issue driver if it doesn't have hot melt already.

Posted:
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees

Pull the weights and see what they weigh. You can drop back down to 196 and add hotmelt to bring it back to weight and deaden the ting.

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6867WRX Points: 787Posts: 6,867 Titanium Tees

Is there an access point to cotton-ball it? At this point I think that might be your only option given the weight.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 86020818602081 Members  2144WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10Posts: 2,144 Platinum Tees

Chance it could be counterfeit?

Frying Pan sound, heavier than it should.. It's most likely not a carbon crown?

Look at the first picture on Serial number..

There was a discussion on fakes ..

Posted:

Frying pan sound may have been an exaggeration. More of a loud “ting.” But I feel like my old M3 had more of a “smack” which is why I was thrown off. Performance was great today on the course actually, hit it incredibly straight and just as long as normal even though I still don’t love the sound and feel.

Posted:
    Scotty Cameron Golo OG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.