GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Dry Gloves during a hot round

ajlacombe ·  
ajlacombeajlacombe Members  346WRX Points: 105Posts: 346 Greens

During the really hot rounds - how do you keep your glove dry?

Personally I will try to rotate 2-3 gloves during round. I always walk with a cart and have velcro wrapped around the handle area to stick the gloves to during the round, but the gloves tend to fall off at times.

I wanted to hear if anyone has some novel ideas on rotating gloves during a round? I have seen the carabiners with a strip of velcro but I am not sure that is any better than my current setup. I had toyed with the idea of some form of chip clip on a carabiner.

What are your thoughts?

Posted:

Comments

• DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  4037WRX Points: 700Posts: 4,037 ClubWRX

In hot weather I have taken to using Footjoy rain\weather gloves and never have a problem with the gloves getting too wet.

But if you are opposed to all weather/rain gloves you could get some of these (see below) place them on a carabiner and then use the velcro strap on the glove to affix it to the elastic hair bands.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RoodyRoody A little gust, Romes Rochester, NYMembers  1315WRX Points: 359Handicap: 5.1Posts: 1,315 Platinum Tees

I rotate three gloves. I try to make them last for about 6 holes apiece. If things are really humid (like it was yesterday), and I could feel the club slipping in my non-gloved hand I go Tommy Two Gloves with the rain gloves.

Posted:
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)
  • anythingfiniteanythingfinite Members  383WRX Points: 223Posts: 383 Greens

I just Velcro it around the handle of my pushcart.

Posted:
  • ajlacombeajlacombe Members  346WRX Points: 105Posts: 346 Greens
    Posted:
  • ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Members  573WRX Points: 127Handicap: 8Posts: 573 Golden Tee

Take your glove off between shots. The glove will last longer not getting wet.

Posted:
  • Str8PuttStr8Putt Members  57WRX Points: 78Posts: 57 Bunkers

I use FJ Rain Grip Gloves

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ThomasMThomasM The game is hit ball close, not hit ball far Members  190WRX Points: 81Handicap: 7Posts: 190 Fairways

I recently picked up the white/gray FJ Rain Grip gloves. The heat and humidity in Memphis makes in nearly impossible to wear leather gloves without rotating them through the round.

Posted:
  • mjguzikmjguzik Northern IndianaMembers  235WRX Points: 68Handicap: 6.5Posts: 235 Fairways

This, particularly if you walk and dry your hands before putting the glove back on. Addresses the perspiration from the back of your hand that will wet out a glove.

Posted:
    TM M3 10.5° w/ Rogue White 130/60s // M2 (2016) 16.5° w/ Rogue Black 110/70s  // Titleist 913F 19º w/ Kai'li 70s
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-P // Nike VR Forged 54° and 60° // SC 2014 Select Newport // carried in a Sun Mountain 3.5

• 596596 Lakeland, FLMembers  3898WRX Points: 390Posts: 3,898 Titanium Tees

An additional recommendation for rain gloves. I use either FJ or Mizuno. Now that we are really into the heavy humidity season in central FL I wear a "pair" of the FJ rain gloves. I sweat a lot being a former triathlete and have had a few clubs fly out of my hands prior to wearing the rain gloves.

Posted:

Wow - thanks for all the comments. I have not tried using rain gloves before. I stopped using the rain gloves that get and stay wet for playing in the rain because I could not take them off during a round because once your hands prune up, it takes a long while for them to come back - and I do not like wearing gloves of any kind to putt.

I also do not want to be taking my glove on and off between shots because you are wearing it out much faster with stretching, Some days need 3 gloves and others need 4, but trying to keep them sorted is hard to do :) My current solution was 3" carabiners on my bag and I just close the velcro closure over the carabiner.

For the rain glove wearers - are you wearing the glove for the whole round? What do your hands look like at the end of the round? What does wearing a glove for the whole round do to your tan?

I may have to try the glove off after every shot

Posted:
  • BelowNothingBelowNothing Members  31WRX Points: 47Posts: 31 Bunkers

Always ride in a cart.

I alternate gloves per hole...usually 3 or 4 gloves used in a round. Never putt with a glove on.

Attach gloves to the cart frame and use from the bottom. When done with using the glove for that hole, place at top of frame and use the bottom one on the next hole.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • pd1775pd1775 Pockets Members  219WRX Points: 60Handicap: 4.6Posts: 219 Fairways

FJ just came out with a glove called the "Tropical". Similar to a rain glove but only sells in a single glove. Been using it for a couple of weeks and it feels real nice. Nice option!

Posted:

Cool - I had not heard of the TropiCool glove. Looks interesting. From your use of the glove @pd1775 how well do you think it will wear compared to a regular glove? And, I guess that question should be compared to a regular glove used in hot and humid situations. Thanks again.

Posted:
  • pd1775pd1775 Pockets Members  219WRX Points: 60Handicap: 4.6Posts: 219 Fairways

I have only four rounds with the glove and it seems to be holding up very well. Doesn't get slippery in hot and humid conditions. I'm able to get it on and off while putting which I had difficulty doing with a regular glove. Made of a different material in the palm (similar to a rain glove) so the feel is a little different.

Posted:
  • J_TizzleJ_Tizzle Hello Members  3571WRX Points: 225Posts: 3,571 Titanium Tees

I primarily use this blue stuff that dries up your hands a ton, I can't think of the name, but I bought it at our local Golf Headquarters and think its marketed for tennis maybe.

I do that and I just ordered 9 MG Golf gloves and I'll rotate 2-3 of them a round usually and apply that blue stuff 2-3 times usually just to keep things extra dry. Even that doesn't always do it so I'll switch the the rain glove in times of dire sweatiness. Just got back from Hilton Head and the heat was so insane I think I ruined 6 gloves over 6 rounds of golf.

Posted:
    G410 10.5* LST -  F9 14.5* - F6 17.5* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Glide Stealth 56* ( at 55*) and 60* - BG F22

https://Instagram/avgjoesgolf/
  • RoodyRoody A little gust, Romes Rochester, NYMembers  1315WRX Points: 359Handicap: 5.1Posts: 1,315 Platinum Tees

When it's so hot and humid that I have to put on the rain gloves, I usually just end up leaving them on throughout. In other words even though I don't like to putt with a glove on, I'll leave them on anyways. It just takes too long to take them off and put them on again.

Posted:
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)

Advertisement

I do the same thing in the rain, but am not a happy camper :) I want to try that OptiCool glove once it comes out to see if it is an option for me. Right now I am using carabiners and clipping the glove in the carabiner - no dropped gloves just yet

Posted:
  • jsnjsn Members  48WRX Points: 44Handicap: 12Posts: 48 Bunkers

get a bottle of dry hands or something similar and apply it before your round. it makes a huge difference

Posted:

Just looked on Amazon - says it repels water and perspiration. How does that feel on your hands and how do you get it off? Soap I assume?

Posted:
  • nogopehrsnogopehrs Members  79WRX Points: 59Posts: 79 Fairways

Rain gloves on humid days.

Posted:
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  751WRX Points: 164Handicap: 6.2Posts: 751 Golden Tee

I'm on team "no glove" - I'm not an excessive sweat-er...but on the real hot (or esp humid days) i do have some issue with the club feeling slippery.

I use Dri-Tac grips, which I love ...and I do occasionally dab a bit of that hand solution. It really doesn't build up at all, and yes, easily washes clean with soap & water. It's not anything like "Stick-Um" or other gel that would create an issue on your hands.

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Advertisement
  • jsnjsn Members  48WRX Points: 44Handicap: 12Posts: 48 Bunkers

you just apply a small amount and kinda dab it around your hands.. really dries them out. you can wash it off with soap & water but by the time my round is done whatever sweating you did usually has gotten rid of it anyway.

Posted:
  • CousinDonutsCousinDonuts Members  71WRX Points: 40Handicap: 6Posts: 71 Bunkers

If you ride, hold the glove by the opening as you drive, let it fill up like a windsock. I find that helps. These days where's it's blazin and over 90 I just prepare to have more than 1 glove ready and rotate them once I see sweat building.

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5162WRX Points: 917Posts: 5,162 Titanium Tees

I go gloveless, too but need a glove when it's really hot and humid. Especially with my Tour Wrap grips. Those grips are so awesome when they are dry. Soft, squishy, and tacky. They are a slippery mess when wet. Just bought some Gold Bond powder to try. Playing tomorrow and it's going to be hot and humid so we'll see if it works.

Posted:
  • TerpFangolferTerpFangolfer Members  751WRX Points: 164Handicap: 6.2Posts: 751 Golden Tee

Yeah, I don't know about using Gold Bond or other similar powders. Guess they might help...but this is the good stuff. $15 on Amazon

Posted:
    TM R1
    TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
    Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
    Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
    Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
    Ping TR 1966 Anser2
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4565WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,565 Titanium Tees

Heard a commercial today for "Carpe" for excessive sweating for hands and feet. Not sure if that applies to golfers buy wonder if it's the same as that dry hands. The ad said it's sold at Walgreens

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Advertisement
  • dmbrill719dmbrill719 North CarolinaMembers  372WRX Points: 88Posts: 372 Greens

You say you're walking with a cart and it's really hot (and likely sunny?). Is your cart a push cart that you can attach an umbrella to for shade? If so, hang the gloves from the umbrella supports when it's opened.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max Rogue Silver 130 70
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 16.5* ATX Green 85
    Callaway Apex 3h Project X HC1 95
    Titleist T-MB 4, 5 Recoil 110
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 6-PW Recoil 125
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56 Recoil Wedge Proto
    Fourteen RM-22 60 DG TI Black Onyx
    Ping Vault Anser 2

I have a ClicGear3.5+ but that is my backup cart - and I do exactly that. My main cart is a MotoCaddy S7 remote. Love/Hate relationship with it. When it works it is great, but it has a mind of its own and does not always respond correctly (or at all) to button pushes from the remote. The umbrella holder on that is a piece of crap as are most of the joints. Where the ClicGear looks like they tested it with golfers, the MotoCaddy looks like they had no ideas how heavy golf bags are. Joints are thin plastic and it tends to flex a lot - so if I used the umbrella holder I am most likely going to put an eye out as it wobbles, and to be fair the speed would have to be set perfectly for that to work.

The only way I pull it off is to hand carry the umbrella and I will try giving that a whirl and see how it goes. If someone could make a sub $1,000 remote controlled golf cart, they would have a winner on their hands.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.