GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

New bag

IMLAMA ·  
IMLAMAIMLAMA Members  8WRX Points: 12Posts: 8 Bunkers

I’ve had a ping hoofer stand bag since 2011 it starting to show major signs of age, seasons tearing ect. I’m looking at a Jones Utility Trouper. Was wondering if any has used that bag and there thoughts or any members had other solid bag recs. I’m looking for a stand bag that’s reasonably light and hopefully one that will last a decade or better.

Posted:

Best Answer

• JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GA 640WRX Points: 197Handicap: 11Posts: 640 Golden Tee

There are a handful of stand bags that would be a step up from the ping in terms of materials though I would also point out, from a functional standpoint you are going to be hard pressed to beat Ping, they continue to be some of the very best stand bags available.

The Jones Utility Trouper is well liked, there is a very long thread on that bag here. With Jones, it really seems to comes down to whether the straps work for you. I can tell you they did not work for me. Otherwise its a great bag. https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1690324/2019-jones-trouper-bag

If you haven’t yet, I would check out the following brands:

Vessel

Stitch

Shapland

G Fore

Linksoul (the Linksouldier Bag)

Out of all of these, if you are most focused on long term durability I would favor the Shapland or the Linksoul as the others all use a material that is great looking but may not be as durable long term as the fabric used on the Shapland and Linksoul.

Happy hunting!

Posted:
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Nike Method MOD 90
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

Answers

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mljones99mljones99 Members  1953WRX Points: 158Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees

I'm a big fan of the Titleist Linksmaster

Posted:
  • tanokosohanatanokosohana Members  13WRX Points: 10Posts: 13 Bunkers

I am also looking for this

Posted:
  • ChrisO72ChrisO72 Members  85WRX Points: 44Handicap: 13Posts: 85 Fairways

Ive had the Titleist Hybrid 5 for a year now and can definitely recommend it for quality, durability and function. If you push or ride, but like the stand for the range its a great bag. The weight is not bad and fine to carry for 9 holes, but you can get lighter if you want to carry for 18. When I bought it I looked at everything and it was between the hoofer and hybrid 5 and I went with it because I had more tangle issues with the hoofer when I tested it. Have not had any tangle issues with the titleist.

If you are doing more carrying - I can also recommend the Sun Mountain 2.5+ which I bought recently which is incredibly light and very functional. Im very happy with it also.

Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G400Max 9dg Tour 65S
    Ping G400 2h Tour 85S
    Titleist AP3 4-GW TT AMT White X100
    Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.08M, 58.08M
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
    TP5
  • bhj83bhj83 Kansas CityMembers  921WRX Points: 162Handicap: 1.4Posts: 921 Golden Tee

This will be my next bag...probably soon!

https://minimalgolf.com/

Posted:
    Cobra F9 9.0 Tour Length
    Cobra F9 3-4W 14.5
    Srixon U85 18
    Srixon Z785 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 4 50, 56, 62
    Evnroll ER1.2
    Titleist ProV1X | Srixon Z Star
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
  • ShakesterShakester Members  652WRX Points: 160Handicap: 9Posts: 652 Golden Tee

Check out MNML golf bags. My buddy has one and it’s really nice and well built. I was thinking of getting one, personalized, but not a fan of a white or black bag.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Cobra Soeedzone 14.5 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Bridgestone B X 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mark2741mark2741 Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

**** - I just ordered a new 2018 Ping Hoofer Lite from Dicks ($20 off coupon brought it down to $169 total including tax and shipping). I'd never heard of those MNML bags or I might have given that a go - they look sweet!

To the OP - as long as you're okay with the red/black colorway then the 2018 Ping Hoofer Lite is still for sale at Dicks/GolfGalaxy for delivery. I'm not in love with the color but was quite a bit cheaper than the 2020 version and I couldn't really see any difference from the specs.

Posted:
  • cduke20cduke20 Members  6WRX Points: 6Posts: 6 Bunkers

I might be a loner on this one, but I really like the Sun Mountain bags. I have the 4.5. It's well made, comfortable, and looks nice.

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2705WRX Points: 175Posts: 2,705 Titanium Tees

The 2020 Hoofer Lite is $169 at Maple Hill

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • ShakesterShakester Members  652WRX Points: 160Handicap: 9Posts: 652 Golden Tee

I have a Sun Mountain 4.5 and like it a lot. I love the storage. My only issue with SM bags is their base. They don’t have anything there, so when strapping it to a push cart, it will get deformed after a few rounds.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Cobra Soeedzone 14.5 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Bridgestone B X 
  • StetsonStetson Members  2705WRX Points: 175Posts: 2,705 Titanium Tees

My older Titleist (made by SM) has that same issue. I find it frustrating as well. Enough so that I ordered a new bag through MH.

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.