***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Priority Mail is broken - Switch to UPS for BST deals?

2»

Comments

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members  4035WRX Points: 328Handicap: 6.2Posts: 4,035 Titanium Tees

I got a club from a guy here on WTB and according to the USPS website it took 5 days for the club to travel 100 miles from Eastchester NY to Newark NJ. Completely unacceptable on all counts. It still has another 2000+ miles to go to get to me. Should get it by Christmas at that pace.

Posted:

Bag as of June 2020
    Driver - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 661 Evo 2
    3w - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 757 Evo 2
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Mizuno MP-5 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 50/54/60
    Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Tax77Tax77 Members  91WRX Points: 67Posts: 91 Fairways

That's actually a very good pace for the postal service these days. It slows considerably the closer it gets, in my limited experience the package travels a mile per day.

Posted:
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3357WRX Points: 460Handicap: 13Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees

No problems on the west coast. All my packages have been delivered within the 3 day priority window.

Posted:
  • gridironesqgridironesq Roseville, CAMembers  621WRX Points: 118Handicap: Lack of focus Posts: 621 Golden Tee

I’m the OP and it’s a west coast incident that got me to start this thread. One of the workers told me the managers are not utilizing the teams assigned to priority as they did in the past. He is as unhappy as we are.

Posted:
    Current Gamers
    MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
    TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 
    MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
    CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
    TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
    2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
    2019 PROV1X (Summer)
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers  2541WRX Points: 304Handicap: 5.5Posts: 2,541 Titanium Tees

I shipped a package for a BST sale last week from Boston to Minnesota using USPS Priority Mail. Shipped on Wednesday 7/29 and arrived on Saturday 8/1. I've shipped several other packages recently and only one was delayed, and that was only for one additional day. It seems very dependent on location.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 12*, GD AD BB 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4 | Miura 52.06 | Miura 56.10 | Miura 60.09
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX

I find most of my shipments from Atlanta to west of the MS river do just fine. The problem happened for me shipping to the NE or getting packages from the NE. I went to FedEx without issue then my latest package to Ohio I used UPS. The irons were packed very well in a very sturdy box. Last night I get a message UPS has mauled the box and the 5 iron was bent. Going through their claims process now. Hopefully it all gets solved. Just shows there are no perfect solutions.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit St. Louis, MOMembers  1559WRX Points: 188Handicap: 10.7Posts: 1,559 Platinum Tees

Welp, I got bit by the USPS bug.

Bought something on WRX, was shipped out from NC to STL on 7/31.

Disappeared for a few days, then today, the package is scanned in SEATTLE.

WTF, USPS?

Posted:
  • stimpmeterpstimpmeterp Washington DCMembers  895WRX Points: 148Posts: 895 Golden Tee

To make matters worse, FedEx's website (tracking) seems to be down since early this morning..

Posted:
    G400 LST 8.5* Tour AD DI 6
    TM M6 15* Fuji Atmos Blue
    Adams Tour LSP XTD 20* Kuro Kage 80H
    National Custom Works 28* 33* 39* 45* PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T20 50* 54* 58* PX LZ 6.0
    Goodwood Golf Co. Senna
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers  2541WRX Points: 304Handicap: 5.5Posts: 2,541 Titanium Tees

Just sent off two BST sales via USPS Priority from just outside Boston. One going to Arizona, the other to Oregon. Both say expected delivery is Saturday 8/8. We'll see what happens.

Posted:
    Post edited by dwboston on
    Titleist 915 D2 12*, GD AD BB 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4 | Miura 52.06 | Miura 56.10 | Miura 60.09
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4744WRX Points: 558Posts: 4,744 Titanium Tees

From N. CA......all USPS Priority Mail

2 days to Orlando, FL!!!

2 days to W. VA!!!!

3 days to Texas!!!!

3 days to IN!!!!

No problems here

Posted:

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
    CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
    TAYLORMADE P790, 4, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 54/10F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
    SCOTTY CAMERON Custom BOS Torched Newport 2 Putter
    NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black
    SUN MOUNTAIN 20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black
    GARMIN Approach Z82, GPS/Rangefinder
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• gibbiesmallsgibbiesmalls Members  510WRX Points: 173Posts: 510 Golden Tee

WRONG!

I overnighted (yes, express) a package from socal to the seattle area last wednesday that was supposed to arrive on Friday 7/31. The package still hasn't gotten a tracking update since it arrived in Los Angeles (after a 20 mile travel lol) on 8/1. Contrary to their website announcements that priority mail express is functioning normally, it's not!

PSA - Overnight also having issues!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JAM01JAM01 Members  22WRX Points: 39Handicap: 12Posts: 22 Bunkers

I have three packages of decent value sent to three different areas that have departed the recipients distribution center about 3-4 days ago and now have no delivery date. Just on the way to the next facility, which hopefully is the local post office. Yes, it’s broke. Mostly Covid 19, but likely other longer term problems.

Posted:
  • clinkinfoclinkinfo Members  941WRX Points: 230Posts: 941 Golden Tee

No, it’s not. We are in a pandemic, shipping is delayed and screwed up across the board. It’s the expectations that seem to be broken.

Posted:
  • ranchsoonerranchsooner Members  22WRX Points: 65Posts: 22 Bunkers

Bought a club on eBay on 7/15, shipped on 7/16......no update since 7/27.

Posted:
  • hardcaliberhardcaliber Members  750WRX Points: 123Posts: 750 Golden Tee

This goes way beyond logistical challenges related to Covid, although that’s certainly a complicating factor.

There have been major management changes at USPS. Whether right or wrong, this has led to a systemic strategic decision to allow major delays to occur. I don’t want to post linkS for fear of getting political. You can simply google “USPS delays” and find stories from a variety of news outlets about the changes going on.

For those that have gotten their items in a timely manner, you are very lucky. I’m sitting in the south waiting for packages shipped out 2 weeks ago, 1 from west coast and one from Florida. Tracking hasn’t budged in 2 weeks.

I won’t be using USPS for the foreseeable future and will request that it not be used to ship items to me if at all possible. It’s sad because I would like the postal service to survive and I don’t necessarily believe in privatizing everything, but I just can accept this level of service.

Posted:
  • tmw4h5tmw4h5 Awesome. Members  959WRX Points: 122Handicap: 6Posts: 959 Golden Tee
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit St. Louis, MOMembers  1559WRX Points: 188Handicap: 10.7Posts: 1,559 Platinum Tees

This isn't a COVID-related "transportation" issue. Package went from coast to coast when it only needed to go 825 miles.

Posted:

Priority Mail package from Boston to Oregon was delivered today - a day early. Package to Arizona still on time to be delivered tomorrow.

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

This happens with the USPS from time to time even well before Covid. No to defend the USPS as I've had many packages take crazy roundabout ways to get delivered to me however remember many USPS packages are moved around the country via UPS, FedEx and other contracted carriers. Every carriers tracking during this time can be delayed/incorrect.

Posted:
    Post edited by grm24 on
  • ColejColej Members  1860WRX Points: 176Posts: 1,860 Platinum Tees

Everything in a long large box I’ve shipped usps (in the past few months) has been delayed. Everything in small boxes has been on time or just a day late.

Posted:
  • sunbeltgolfersunbeltgolfer Beech MountainMembers  519WRX Points: 84Posts: 519 Golden Tee

I have a package being shipped from NY to Western NC via UPS. It made it from NY to Butner NC sort facility in two days. It has now been sitting at that same sort center in Butner NC for ten days and they can't tell me when it will move or be delivered. My daughter and a couple friends have had the same issue here with UPS. I've had no issues here with packages from USPS Priority so it seems a crap shoot depending on where you may be located as to whom may be better to use for shipping.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members  1808WRX Points: 156Posts: 1,808 Platinum Tees

Shipping to an hour south of Indy. I'm expecting an Amish gentleman on foot to deliver sometime in the 2-3 moons.

Posted:
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
    Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
    Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red

I now have two packages and $700 worth of equipment just floating around the country, apparently.

One package has been "in transit" with no update scans for nearly a week, (10 days since shipped) and the other for two days. I'm not buying the COVID excuse, considering I've sent 30-40 packages Priority since February and literally none of them were delayed or went missing until "someone" began demanding that mail service be purposefully slowed to a crawl.

Meanwhile, the irons I shipped UPS ground made it with no issues from Arizona to Ohio in 4 days.

Posted:
    Post edited by Justmuckit on

Set of irons shipped from Boston to AZ is out for delivery today. Technically a 1 day delay, but 3 business days from MA to AZ is fine by me. Shipping cost is another story. Crazy how much it costs to ship a set of irons now.

Posted:
    Post edited by dwboston on
  • snapiersnapier Members  857WRX Points: 127Posts: 857 Golden Tee

No longer the new normal, just normal

USPS Priority, 4:15 pm 08/10 and no delivery

August 10, 2020, 5:32 am 

Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility 

PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX  

Your item departed our PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX destination facility on August 10, 2020 at 5:32 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

August 10, 2020, 5:31 am 

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility 

PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX  

August 4, 2020 

In Transit to Next Facility 

July 31, 2020, 1:07 am 

Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility 

INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX  

July 31, 2020, 1:07 am 

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 

INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX  

July 30, 2020, 4:39 pm 

Departed Post Office 

DAYTON, IN 47941  

July 30, 2020, 10:28 am 

USPS in possession of item 

DAYTON, IN 47941  

July 29, 2020 

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item 

Posted:
  • WildcatGolferWildcatGolfer Members  159WRX Points: 66Handicap: ∞Posts: 159 Fairways

Bought a shaft on bst that shipped four weeks ago. It’s made it less than 100 miles.

Posted:
    Shovels
    Rakes
    2x4s
    Baseball Bat

Advertisement
  • DallasSteveDallasSteve Members  807WRX Points: 115Handicap: 3Posts: 807 Golden Tee
    • Seller dropped off the driver on July 15 in Athens, GA, shipping to me in Honolulu. Finally got to Memphis on August 8, and it is damaged to boot! THREE WEEKS TO GO FROM ATHENS, GA, TO MEMPHIS!!!!! I expect the broken driver to get here by . . . maybe Christmas!?!?!?

• Aug 9, 2020
    • 12:00am
    • In Transit, Arriving Late

• Aug 8, 2020
    • 10:01am
    • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136

• Aug 8, 2020
    • 10:01am
    • Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    • MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Aug 8, 2020
    • 10:00am
    • VISIBLE DAMAGE
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136

• Jul 21, 2020
    • In Transit, Arriving Late

• Jul 21, 2020
    • In Transit to Next Facility

• Jul 17, 2020
    • 3:54am
    • Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    • ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

• Jul 15, 2020
    • 5:32pm
    • Departed Post Office
    • ATHENS, GA 30606

• Jul 15, 2020
    • 4:37pm
    • USPS in possession of item
    • ATHENS, GA 30606

Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11965WRX Points: 1,712Posts: 11,965 Titanium Tees

In the past two months we've had half a dozen packages delayed via Priority Mail, one from UPS and one from FedEx (we receive UPS/FedEx packages much less often than USPS). It's all a crapshoot for the foreseeable future. If you absolutely must get guaranteed delivery time, the overnight services ($$$) are the only current option. Otherwise, not much choice but to be patient.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • tmw4h5tmw4h5 Awesome. Members  959WRX Points: 122Handicap: 6Posts: 959 Golden Tee

This thread details the success that Dejoy is having in dismantling the USPS. This blows.

Posted:

Advertisement

Update scan for the most recently shipped package this morning, it's in my area at least and there's an outside shot it's delivered today - only a 1 day delay.

The other package left NC on the 31st for St. Louis - somehow made it's way to Seattle and was last scanned on the 5th. They haven't even bothered to update the "in transit, arriving late" message since the 9th.

Sucks because I had it shipped to my 2nd residence because I'm there from the 31st to the 15th - now I'm going to have to spend more money to have it shipped to my other home.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.