GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort

brooks0406 ·  
brooks0406brooks0406 Members  3WRX Points: 5Posts: 3 Starters

I want to inform all golf fans on one of the greatest golf trips you could ever take. Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort is a gem in the Northwest of Ireland. In 1893, Old Tom Morris traveled to this area on Sheephaven Bay. He mapped out the original links that marked the front 9 with amazing views of the bay. Since the early 2000s they added Sandy Hills Links which ranks as one of the best in Ireland and a new front nine for the Old Tom Morris Links. The Hotel is an unbelievable experience and the golf course even better. It features a 9 hole short course (Which is the original back 9 that Old Tom Morris) and a pitch-n-putt that includes footgolf. I highly recommend this trip to any true fan of links golf!

Posted:

Comments

• puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers  3404WRX Points: 469Posts: 3,404 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CDMCDM Members  2096WRX Points: 304Posts: 2,096 Platinum Tees

Nice looking resort and really good rates. The St Patrick Links opening next year looks tough.

Posted:
  • sabramsabram Members  1629WRX Points: 232Posts: 1,629 Platinum Tees

I wouldn't go so far to say it is "one of the greatest golf trips you could ever take...", but Rosapenna is a very nice place to visit and has some good golf, but out of the 20 + Irish links I've played it's in the second tier.

Here are links to photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157670624619095 - Rosapenna Sandy Hills course

https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157670586177805 - Rosapenna Old Tom Morris course

Old Tom Morris Course par 3 #14

Rosapenna Sandy Hills #6 pitch to green

Posted:
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers  3404WRX Points: 469Posts: 3,404 Titanium Tees

It was just spam by the OP! 1st post and basically does an infomercial.

Agree with Sabram - 2nd tier at best.

Posted:
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3651WRX Points: 1,313Handicap: 4Posts: 3,651 Titanium Tees

Looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for posting.

Posted:
  • thechief16thechief16 Hits it left and left of left Members  2700WRX Points: 692Posts: 2,700 Titanium Tees

IMHO, while it doesn't match Lahinch, I'd definitely say it's upper tier (I've probably played 10 Irish links). On par with the Watervilles and BallyBs (without the history), better than the others in the NW.

Posted:
    M5
    Epic Flash SZ
    Baffler
    Apex Pro Smoke '19
    SM7 52,
    Cobra King 58*
    TM IN-74
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Understand it's your opinion....but no, it is not on par with WV or BB!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.