GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Serious Question, No Flame Wars please... Non-Chinese made shoes and clothing companies

jkumpire ·  
jkumpirejkumpire Members  777WRX Points: 121Posts: 777 Golden Tee

I am sorry if this might ruffle a few feathers, but with the recent bombshell revelations of rampant slave labor, political prisoner abuse in the Layogi, and very low wages paid to people who are non-Han Chinese in China, what companies make shoes and clothing in other places?

For years I have tried very hard to make sure I do not buy goods made in China, no matter what they are. Sadly, I remember how good Nike shoes were in the late '70's and early '80's. Now they have not only become a woke company, they've used slave labor (and others paid almost nothing) for years to make their goods. It might only be me, but I'm not interested in supporting companies that do this. I also know some companies use Vietnam, India, and other low wage places to make their clothing items, and even Ping has made parts for clubs in China for a while, which I hate. I also know that if I go into my closet I will find some stuff I wear made in China, and yes that does mean I am now a hypocrite, so I am not trying to be holier than thou about this, I just want to find gear I can be proud to wear and dump all the stuff I am embarrassed about.

Having said all that, does anyone know any shoe, clothing, and accessories vendors that do not make all their gear in China, and/or other very low wage countries? If there are none I guess I can wear my old FJ Classics until I die and find some company that builds clubs or other gear in the US, but I would like to get updated gear sometime soon.

Thanks for your help.

Posted:

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.