GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Drive from Denver to Atlanta - have 4-5 days. What courses to play?

VMI_07 ·  
VMI_07VMI_07 Members  65WRX Points: 40Posts: 65 Bunkers

Will be driving from Denver to Atlanta second week of August. Planning on taking 4 to 5 days.

What cities would you stop in and what courses would you play?

Posted:

Comments

• raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members  3875WRX Points: 401Posts: 3,875 Titanium Tees

Prairie Dunes; private but not impossible to get on.

Branson is a solid stopover.

Sweetens Cove.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 88alphaK1NG88alphaK1NG Members  4WRX Points: 5Posts: 4 Starters

Bally, prairie, Alotian, Sweetens.

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3197WRX Points: 2,219Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,197 Titanium Tees

if you are looking at public courses, this should be your itinerary, according to top100 and a map: across to Firekeeper in Mayetta, KS; across and down to Old Waverly & Mossy Oak in West Point, MS; across and up to Sweetens Cove & Sewanee near Pittsburg, TN; down to Hotlanta ...

obviously, if you have access to private courses, then you should play the aforementioned top 100 world golf courses such as ballyneal, prairie dunes, etc ... if you have access to those, then you probably can get on at Augusta ...

Posted:
  • hammergolfhammergolf St. LouisMembers  648WRX Points: 313Handicap: 3Posts: 648 Golden Tee

Can't comment much on Kansas, but in the St. Louis area you have a few public options that I would recommend:

Missouri Bluffs (right off I-64 about 20 minutes west of St. Louis in St. Charles, MO)

Annbriar (about 25 miles south of St. Louis in Waterloo, IL)

In Tennessee you have:

Hermatage in Nashville

Old Fort Golf Club in Murfreesboro

Sweeten's Cove (about 40 miles west of Chatanooga. Its only 9 holes, but its GREAT!!!!!)

Bear Trace @ Harrison Bay (about 20 miles north of Chatanooga. Nicklaus layout great course)

The Honors Course in Chatanooga (private)

Hope this helps

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tour 65 Stiff
    Ping G410 3wd @ 15.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 7wd @ 19.5 flat Tensei Orange Stiff
    Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50*, 56* @ 55, 60* Modus 105 Stiff
    Evnroll TR8 33"
  • alfridayalfriday Members  546WRX Points: 152Posts: 546 Golden Tee

If you don't mind adding an extra hour or two of drive time, you could take I80 across Nebraska and hit Wild Horse in Gothenburg, Nebraska and/or Awarii Dunes. Each is located just off I80. I haven't played Awarii, we got rained out the day we were supposed to play it, but it looks very nice and has good reviews. Wild Horse is a great course, about as close as you can get to links golf away from the coast.

Posted:
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members  23800WRX Points: 7,657Posts: 23,800 Titanium Tees

I would skip Awarii and stick to Wild Horse. Wasn't overly impressed by AD, and WH is a gem.

If you take the I-40 route through Arkansas, Hot Springs CC has two excellent courses. I believe one of them is open to the public each day.

Posted:
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
    • TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
    • Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
    • Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
    • Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
    • Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
    • Ping Glide 2.0 52 SS, 56 WS, and 60 WS AWT 2.0 Wedge
    • Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • eschultz23eschultz23 Members  5WRX Points: 35Posts: 5 Bunkers

A good course to check out in the Denver Metro Area is called Fossil Trace. It is a Jim Engh course so it has a bunch of interesting features. The Denver city courses are all good options as well. They have good availability at affordable rates.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.