***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Kirkland (Costco) Wedges!?

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

'Milled Face Technology'? I thought most, if not all wedges had a milled face as standard.

Posted:
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members  6445WRX Points: 544Posts: 6,445 Titanium Tees

Wait, I have to wait to drink my KSig vodka until AFTER the round?!?

I dont think this wedge set is aimed at people that even know what the loft of their PW is. This is probably aimed at weekend golfers who bought an iron set and want a wedge set. Most weekend golfers have no reason or use for a 60* LW in their bag, but they do it anyway. I would bet that 52/56/60 is what most weekend golfers (that play 3 wedges) are used to playing, so that is what KSig will make. Does it make sense from a gaping perspective? No. Does it make sense from a marketing perspective? Probably.

Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 // Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Adams dHy 24* Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
    Jones Utility Trouper Navy Twill
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag White
    WITB Link
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members  2586WRX Points: 302Posts: 2,586 Titanium Tees

yeeehaw.

Probably DG shaft?

Posted:
  • forrester_fireforrester_fire Members  282WRX Points: 142Handicap: 11.4Posts: 282 Greens

Their balls and their gloves (especially) are well worth the money. I'm not a plus HDCP, so I can't tell a huge difference from ball to ball, but the 3-piece performs just fine for me and I don't mind losing one.

I'll be giving the wedges a go. I'm in the market for a new 52 and 56 and my wedge play is mediocre, at best. If they've got crap shafts, no deal, but otherwise...

Posted:
  • m d gm d g Members  99WRX Points: 115Posts: 99 Fairways

They don't look too bad, but wedges are scoring clubs and they'd have to be a good fit...but probably the same great return policy.

As to golf snobs, I'd love to give a forged Miura wedge marked 'Kirkland' to those folks and listen to them trash it as cheap, tacky, poor design, etc.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • KentendoKentendo Members  76WRX Points: 62Posts: 76 Bunkers

This reminds me of the 3 wedge set of Tom Watson wedges from Adams. They were a great buy for someone looking to add some wedges. These will definitely sell out.

Posted:

Life is short, so play more golf.

• oktaokta Members  29WRX Points: 20Posts: 29 Bunkers

Nice looking but man that Kirkland Logo is hideous

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

Link to manufacturer listed on the USGA conforming club list. They have worked with Cobra in the past.

Posted:
  • dmbrill719dmbrill719 North CarolinaMembers  373WRX Points: 88Posts: 373 Greens

Wasn't aware of the past workings w/ Cobra. Could you share some of the details of that?

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max Rogue Silver 130 70
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 16.5* ATX Green 85
    Callaway Apex 3h Project X HC1 95
    Titleist T-MB 4, 5 Recoil 110
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 6-PW Recoil 125
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56 Recoil Wedge Proto
    Fourteen RM-22 60 DG TI Black Onyx
    Ping Vault Anser 2
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees

Wonder when the release date will be?

Posted:

Advertisement

Only know what's on their website. They list Cobra as a client. The show a picture of of AMP Cell irons in their gallery and list the Golf Digest Hot List Gold King Cobra LTD driver under awards. It also appears they have golf club patents for drivers, putters, irons and fairway woods. They also work with a golf company called Indi Golf.

Posted:
  • av1084av1084 Members  1284WRX Points: 140Handicap: 5.0Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees

The scenes when it's leaked on wrx that PXG is the secret manufacturer of these wedges 😅

Posted:
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members  1949WRX Points: 447Posts: 1,949 Platinum Tees

Yeah I always worry about what's written on the back of an iron when I'm playing, said no one ever except for wrxers...

Posted:
  • dicko999dicko999 I call it "Celebration" Members  494WRX Points: 74Handicap: BeerPosts: 494 Greens

This. A good friend of mine had no idea what to get several years so just grabbed a Watson set. He crafted a pretty deft short game with them until they were unplayable from the wear.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*, 13.5*, 17*
    Ping G400 4-UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 60* Eye 2
    Kingston KP001
  • NoCalHackNoCalHack Members  376WRX Points: 94Posts: 376 Greens

Here’s my guess. They sell a boxed set of 3 for $199.

They actually look nice. I won’t buy them but I’m sure they play fine. And I was totally wrong about the putters not selling. So I won’t make a prediction about these.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • NoCalHackNoCalHack Members  376WRX Points: 94Posts: 376 Greens

And I love it. We are talking about Costco wedges in the “Tour” equipment forum.

Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32646WRX Points: 2,052Posts: 32,646 Titanium Tees

These will be hard to get just like the putters, no doubt about it.

Posted:
  • enfuegoenfuego Members  173WRX Points: 85Posts: 173 Fairways

SC Design is located in the heart of the Carlsbad business district where almost every golf company has an office. I'm sure they have worked with more than just Cobra. They've probably got a few employees that have worked at the big companies. They probably make an OK to decent wedge.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM Driver 8* / Diamana S+ Limited 60x

Taylormade SIM Rocket 3w 14* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s

Taylormade SIM 5w 19* / Diamana S+ Limited 75s

Callaway Apex CF19 Irons 4-AW / Dynamic Gold TI x100

CBX2 Wedges 54*, 60* / Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport Black / Pistolero Grip

Taylormade TP5x

• SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members  3261WRX Points: 138Handicap: 13Posts: 3,261 Titanium Tees

I don’t understand why Costco is ruffling feathers in the golf industry .

Posted:

They aren't ruffling any feathers in the golf industry. Some here like to think that though.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6632WRX Points: 1,923Handicap: 8Posts: 6,632 Titanium Tees

True. But you still have to look at it in your bag. Having a wedge like that in the bag makes a great case for iron covers.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 816 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    KZG Forged 60 LW
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • mclartywmclartyw Members  12WRX Points: 13Posts: 12 Bunkers

I am still pretty new here but it’s tour AND pre release right? So agreed there’s 0 chance of these showing up on tour but they are still a pre release item clearly worth talking about based on number of comments so far

Posted:
  • sadclevelandsportssadclevelandsports Members  23WRX Points: 15Posts: 23 Bunkers

To be fair, I think a few feathers were ruffled with their golf ball from a few years back, but certainly can't see it with the putters or wedges.

Posted:
  • wcbjrwcbjr Members  2974WRX Points: 201Handicap: 1.2Posts: 2,974 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • dmbrill719dmbrill719 North CarolinaMembers  373WRX Points: 88Posts: 373 Greens

@grm24 - my bad...I misread your first post. I thought you were saying Costco has worked w/ Cobra in the past. Interesting info on SCDC. Thanks.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max Rogue Silver 130 70
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX T3 16.5* ATX Green 85
    Callaway Apex 3h Project X HC1 95
    Titleist T-MB 4, 5 Recoil 110
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 6-PW Recoil 125
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56 Recoil Wedge Proto
    Fourteen RM-22 60 DG TI Black Onyx
    Ping Vault Anser 2

Advertisement
  • forrester_fireforrester_fire Members  282WRX Points: 142Handicap: 11.4Posts: 282 Greens

I guess Acushnet's threats of legal action doesn't count as "ruffling". I've been buying their gloves and their balls since they came out; that's lost market share no matter how small.

Posted:
  • malibubsmalibubs Members  56WRX Points: 65Posts: 56 Bunkers

resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

Posted:
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr I would only like to add that I have nothing to add Minnesota, USAMembers  7424WRX Points: 1,464Handicap: 7Posts: 7,424 Titanium Tees

It's interesting when you search the address of that company in Google Maps. It's in the backyard of Callaway Golf.

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching

Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber Tour 7.5 TS, 43.5"
    3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
    2h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S
    3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, DGS400 or NV105 S
    Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
    GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300
    LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
    Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Professional, or 50 Elite

Also sometimes swap in old school woods at top of bag, various Golden Ram, MacGregor, or Orlimar persimmons

Advertisement
  • miamistompmiamistomp Members  102WRX Points: 73Handicap: 13Posts: 102 Fairways

There is so much barely used high quality stuff at bargain prices I dont see the point other than an impulse purchase for someone who just wants some wedges

i tried the putter and that was also meh and is twice the price of a demo Juno I got from PGA store

Basically golf clubs for people who aren't really interested in golf clubs

The same way I dont care what frying pan I buy as long as it fries eggs as opposed to those who love their cookware

Yes just stating the obvious- not sure why it generates so much buzz

Hot dogs good- pizza is a thick soggy crust mess

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.