***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Calling Green Grass Evaluations: Please Respond

2»

Comments

• TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  950WRX Points: 203Handicap: 7.6Posts: 950 Golden Tee

Don't close the thread... you asked for confirmation initially and didn't get it. It took a PAYPAL DISPUTE for them to respond. This is absolutely not OK.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1054WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70 O5
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

• PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  1054WRX Points: 1,277Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees

My understanding is that thread will be closed to comments, but will still be readily available to be seen in the forums and through the search. While I wholeheartedly disagree with their business practices, I also don't want to beat a dead horse if I finally receive the shaft I paid for. I will never do business with them again and, if any one asks me if they should, I will recommend against it. As is clear from this thread, this a a known-issue with Green Grass and my situation is not unique. I don't know how much Green Grass pays to be a site sponsor, but evidently the amount they pay is worth more to the site than the loss/anger/annoyance of the users that complain about them. Facially, I think Green Grass should be kicked off the site based on all the experiences I've read about since my issue happened. However, for all I know, Green Grass pays the monthly server fees for the site and, without them, the site would cease to exist (I doubt that is the case, but who knows). Hopefully, site members will simply stop using Green Grass and they will either stop sponsoring the website on their own, or they will get their act together and treat people the right way.

Posted:

• GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  12143WRX Points: 583Posts: 12,143 Titanium Tees

Timeline:

-You got no response for quite some time

-You then got a response Friday or later, saying it shipped Friday...but no tracking number

-You opened a Paypal dispute, which prompted a tracking number. But the item was not shipped Friday, it was received by USPS on Tuesday

Posted:
    SIM Max 9.0°, Kuro Kage XD 70TX
    Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    SM7 50F, 54S, 58M

PXG Closer Gen 2  
    Tour BXS

• Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers  3049WRX Points: 252Handicap: +2.1Posts: 3,049 Titanium Tees

Well said. My favorite is how they charge people for "fittings" by email and won't share certain shaft characteristics b/c its for internal fitting use only. C'mon guys, you're trying to sell us $300 shafts....

I had an issue with them sending me the wrong shaft a few years ago but they made it right after a few back and forths. I havent purchased from them since and wouldn't again. I prefer Will Peoples and the BST over the lack of communication GGE offers.

Posted:
    • Cobra LTD Pro 8* - Diamana D+ Limited 70TX
    • SIM Ti 14.25* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X
    • Callaway Apex 18* - Fuji Motore Speeder 9.8X TS
    • Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* - KBS Proto Hybrid 85X
    • Adams CMB/MB2 5-p - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Wilson FG Tour V4 50* - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Mizuno T7 55.09  - PX LZ 6.5
    • Titleist Vokey Japan TVD 60M - DG TI Onyx S400
    • Odyssey Tour Only Jailbird plumbers neck - WHP insert - Stability Shaft
    • Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees

I really just don't understand why anyone would want to work with these guys when folks like Will Peoples can get you the same things with great customer service. Just don't get it

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4150WRX Points: 901Posts: 4,150 Titanium Tees

They allow this and blatant flipping On the BST, but will ban members immediately for passing on a Burlington deal they picked up or some Nike shoes from Ross. Go figure...

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

What is the BST flipping issue? I don't really use the BST much.

It just sucks because i'd much rather support a cool small business that gets ahold of interesting and rare product that they can test and review, and make available to the public. But as someone that has managed online sales and shipping for high dollar items (guitars) for a business in the past, I can't stomach outfits that don't value good process and communication and seem to think that the transaction ends once they have your money. That is when the transaction STARTS and everything you do (or don't do) from that point on determines what kind of business you really are.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • pinhigh27pinhigh27 Members  9837WRX Points: 354Posts: 9,837 Titanium Tees

Or how the shaft they are pimping magically has the best numbers and the furthest distance in their little charts? It's just a total joke. Fools and their money are soon parted.

I remember when he said twist face clearly worked because a pga tour player's fairway hit percentage was 1 percent higher than the previous year ( obviously ignoring the million potentially confounding factors at play)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • AUGolfer32AUGolfer32 Members  1532WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,532 Platinum Tees

Guys it’s easy at this point, order from the vendors that value you and your money. Will People’s and JDs Club are 2 that come to mind.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* with AD TP 6X
    Tour Issue TaylorMade 2016 M2 T3 with AD TP 8x
    Ping i500 3 Iron DG 120 X100
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-7 Modus 120X
    Mizuno MP18 MB 8-PW Modus 120X
    Ping Glide 2.0 Steath 50*, 54*, 58* Modus 120X
    Cameron NP2
  • Hook'n'LoopHook'n'Loop hook'n'loop Members  188WRX Points: 28Handicap: 10.8Posts: 188 Fairways

I just bought some stuff from RBG and it took 5 days to ship for products that were in stock. Customer service sucks everywhere since Covid. My USPS tracking # shows it's shipped, but not when it will be delivered. Doesn't sound like USPS is gonna get better in the coming months.

Did I just gonna this thread? My bad.

Good luck with the new shaft.

Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

As I stated in my post, these problems existed well before COVID and is part of pattern that many people have called out in the past.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 

WITB Thread

COVID? That’s how you justify gge doing this all these years? Gotcha! That makes total sense! You should do like suggested before, and do a search for all the threads like this and explain to all those previous customers it was because of COVID.

“Did I just gonna this thread?” - what does that even mean?

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Hook'n'LoopHook'n'Loop hook'n'loop Members  188WRX Points: 28Handicap: 10.8Posts: 188 Fairways

I don't know what that means but I meant to say, "did I just HIJACK this thread." I guess I did.

I realize GGE doesn't "do" customer service, and haven't for years. But if you were to ask, they would likely blame Covid. Everyone else does.

Also, making the point about the delivery time notification on USPS which was brought up by the OP, I think. I have another package from ups that has no delivery date associated with the tracking#.

You're right tho, I got got.

Posted:

Advertisement

In the interest of not having this thread delve into areas in which I did not intend, I’m going to ask the mods to close for now. I have a tracking number but it looks like USPS may have lost it, as I’ve had two different delivery dates but no delivery. Now, the tracking number simply says that the package is in transit but will be delayed. Last time I checked, I was directed to file a missing mail claim, which I did.

I don’t expect to receive the shaft any time soon, but I will update when I know for sure—either that it was delivered (and hopefully the right shaft) or that it is officially declared lost and I get my money back and go buy the shaft elsewhere.

Posted:

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members  3699WRX Points: 1,227Posts: 3,699 Titanium Tees

GGE didn't want to make a comment in this thread?

Seems like maybe even they feel their behavior is indefensible.

Posted:
  • 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals  3445WRX Points: 331Posts: 3,445 Marshals
    Posted:
    Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

UPDATE:

I finally received my shaft today (yes, a month after ordering). Surprisingly, they did send me the correct shaft and it was cut to the proper playing length. However, they installed the shaft in the adapter differently than I had asked (I asked for logo down but they installed logo up)... this isn't a huge issue, but it is, nonetheless, frustrating. I don't know if they tipped it per my instructions, but I have an email out to MCA to get the tip to graphics measurement so that I may determine if/how much it was tipped.

Ultimately, I would highly recommend anyone considering a purchase from these guys to find someone else to buy from. As can be seen in this thread, despite being tagged multiple times, the company never responded to me or this thread. It took a PayPal dispute in order for me to get a tracking number.

Posted:

Advertisement

Another few months would have done the trick! You could get it just in time for the cold of winter! 😆😆😆

Posted:
  • xabiaxabia Members  1966WRX Points: 128Handicap: 4.7Posts: 1,966 Platinum Tees

unbelievable... 1 month to get it, premium price paid, and still wrong. Not only wrong, you are unaware if they followed your basic tipping instructions, and have to reach out to the manufacturer? At their price point(assuming it wasn't cheap), there is an expectation of premium service and inclusion of something basic like a build sheet.

How is this company still in business?

Posted:
    Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
    TI 16 M2 9.5  Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+
    G400 LST8.5 AD-DI 6S
    TI M6 15 Tensei White 70TX 
    T1 M2 16.5 Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    GAPR LO AD-DI 95X
    MP20 MMC PX LZ 6.0
    SM7 Raw 50F  / 54 F / 60 Low Bounce K 
    Bettinardi BB0 
  • pollock21pollock21 Members  778WRX Points: 115Posts: 778 Golden Tee

Because more people read the big bad marketing ads/ threads than read deal or no deal reviews.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
    Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
    Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
    Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper
  • TheSphynxTheSphynx ThE sHaFt Is ThE eNgInE oF tHe ClUb Las VegasMembers  1574WRX Points: 239Handicap: 2Posts: 1,574 Platinum Tees

That “company” is a joke.

Posted:

Given how poorly things went in the past any time they tried to come in and do any hands on damage control, with TollBros getting his hands slapped away from the keyboard by the boss, i'm pretty they've just decided to wash their hands of any sorts of these problems and just stick to posting these "test" hype threads to sell product. If it wasn't working to at least some extent then they would likely be trying something else, but they have access to enough somewhat exclusive/interesting product that people will still buy from them and obviously whatever their "sponsor" fee is, its enough for administration here to look the other way to a certain point. What that point is, I don't know, but it seems that anything short of outright theft is fair game.

Posted:

WITB Thread

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.