***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Thoughts from Club C past weekend

cardoustie ·  
cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5'sTasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,923Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

So my second club had club champs over the last weekend. Champ flight was 3 rounds starting Friday aft. Index under 3.9 to be in it. I played bang on my cap 3 days in a row

I ended up 7th. The course was set up at 7100-7200, 74 rating. It tips at 7500 and we played some of those decks. The last day featured 45kmh guests, yikes, plus dirty pins.

I’m a 108mph guy - which was long enough - but adjusting to Fwy woods on some par 3’s and hitting 7i and 5h into holes I usually have a PW or SW into was an eye opener

here we go:

The gent that won is a plus 3. However, he was only 3 up going into round 3 and shot an incredible 72. Low guys can be taken down

Long bombers can be beaten if they are not razor straight like DeShampoo. I played with some guys that were 40 past me .. but beat them. Amazingly a 58 year old that is 30 yards shorter than me was 3rd, hitting into some par 4’s with a 3w for his second shot

Firm greens and wind are a recipe for carnage .. downwind is worse. From the rough, no chance. Hit fairways at all costs

Short game is critical. I was hitting 11 and 12 greens and shooting 5 and 6 and 7 over. Chip or flop to 10 feet and missing putts. 3 putting from 60 feet etc. Unlike my home track the greens are massive here without a ton of slope and I was over reading breaks. Work on putting. I’d have been right there with slightly better work greenside and stronger performance with the flat stick

Playing 3 rounds of grinding golf in 90 heat and humidity is a GRIND. Even riding. Get in top shape. I’m down 27lbs in last 20 months and still progressing. No sugar and limited carbs if that helps anyone

I turned an awful day into OK with an incredible back 9. Never give up. A round can turn on one shot. Day 2 my competitor was 5 over early and then rattled off an eagle and 2 birdies to get back in it. Then he made a triple late and then birdied the two following holes. Don’t panic, most everyone is also struggling and having bad holes

Last lesson, I guess as a near 53 year old I am now considered an old man. Both guys said to me on 18 on day 3 .. well the old man schooled us. WOW. Kick in the peanuts.

home club Club C is end of August, defending champ is 19. Hoping I put some lessons to use next month

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu Blueboard 53x
Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
Ping G410 7w 19.5* Fubuki Tour 73x
Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki ax400 82x
Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
Vokey TVD 52m-58m-64* s400
Piretti Matera Elite

Comments

• GseaGsea Members  66WRX Points: 82Posts: 66 Bunkers

Thanks for sharing. Love the 50yr old taking 3rd. U think "old man" is a kick what till they start calling u sir lol.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jvincentjvincent Members  1732WRX Points: 989Posts: 1,732 Platinum Tees

Ours is in three weeks. I'm nearing my best ever index and hopefully will keep in good form for CC weekend.

I'll be in the A-flight. The last time my index was in this range (mid 4's) I played in the Champ flight just to see how I would do. Of course I started spraying the ball the week before so it wasn't pretty but at least I finished unlike a lot of guys who WD'd after one or two bad rounds.

Hopefully we get some rain before then. The hot summer has turned our rough and areas around the greens into baked out hardpan which had been giving some nasty bounces.

Posted:

Cobra SZ 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• RoodyRoody A little gust, Romes Rochester, NYMembers  1317WRX Points: 362Handicap: 5.1Posts: 1,317 Platinum Tees

"DeShampoo" - LOL

Posted:
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29953WRX Points: 3,000Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,953 Titanium Tees

Our club championship the past few years has typically been decided by whether or not the star juniors have the time to play in it LOL

The past few years we have had a kid who went D1 down south, another kid who was i believe the #2 ranked junior in Canada, and this year we have another nationally top ranked guy....

Too much to contend with.

A couple of years ago i played with #2 canada dude in the first round of our CC and shot like a 77 on our toughest track (75/140) and the kid shot like 70 and made it look easy. A couple of years before that the D1 kid won by like 10+ shots.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,923Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

Yup, college guy day 2, his 20* hybrid was 285 off the tee, 9i from 170 into a 530 par 5 ...

Posted:

Piretti Matera Elite

• Dan DrakeDan Drake Members  2167WRX Points: 371Handicap: 1.3Posts: 2,167 Platinum Tees

Uncle Cardy, happy to hear you played well! And I can tell you all from a management perspective that it is a tough decision whether or not to allow the juniors/semi-pro types to play in these. But, in my mind, you either are the best player at the Club, or you aren't, and that is what the CC is designed to determine.

FWIW to everyone, I've seen Cardy play in person and there is a ton to like about his game. He may say differently, but there just isn't a real hole in his game. Sure, we can all improve at everything, but dude is solid at all aspects. Also, we played on a longer golf course than the one he is describing AND it was windier the day we played it!!!

@cardoustie, we're still on for your birthday round again next year (assuming everything is ok with COVID & whatnot), right?

Posted:
    Mavrik SZ 9.5° w/AD BB
    Epic Flash 15° w/Rogue M•AX
    Nickent Genex 3DX 18.5° w/VS Proto
    X Forged UT 22° w/PX
    Apex Pro '19 6-A w/PX
    X Forged Jaws 56, 60, 64 w/PX
    TP Mills Workshop III
    171831.png
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jvincentjvincent Members  1732WRX Points: 989Posts: 1,732 Platinum Tees

We have a few of the flat bellies at our club as well but when they can play they don't always bring the A game so we've had a couple of middle aged working stiffs win. Who all carry + indexes too.

Posted:

Cobra SZ 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  14099WRX Points: 2,923Handicap: 3.1Posts: 14,099 Titanium Tees

Thank goodness it wasn’t 7800 like Windswept... if COVID gets under control I am back south. Great to hear from you DD!

my ballstriking is on point but not scoring. I don’t think bicep tendinitis in both arms is helping ... don’t move heavy rocks kids

agree, best player wins ... junior or college or mini tour ... wide open

sim max arriving this week, need to find Drake power levels ... rockets to booster, booster to turbos

Posted:

Piretti Matera Elite

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.