***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

New Nippon shafts spotted @ 2020 Pinnacle Bank (Korn Ferry)

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9128WRX Points: 697Posts: 9,128 Marshals
Posted:

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees

I hope this is a Modus 115 to compliment the Modus 105 and 125 shafts. If it is a Modus 115, I will be all over them like a fat kid on a Snickers bar!

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2271WRX Points: 361Posts: 2,271 Platinum Tees

115 weight class would be awesome. That is my sweet spot.

Posted:
  • Dmart33Dmart33 TampaMembers  119WRX Points: 63Handicap: 1.7Posts: 119 Fairways

I am super interested in these...in my opinion nippon makes the best iron shafts in the planet

Posted:
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7979WRX Points: 415Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,979 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
    TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    TP5x Pix

WITB Link
  • maxpeckmaxpeck SwedenMembers  190WRX Points: 67Posts: 190 Fairways

Looks stepless.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • wcbjrwcbjr Members  2974WRX Points: 201Handicap: 1.2Posts: 2,974 Titanium Tees

Looks like a bit of both. Two have steps, two are stepless.

Posted:
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals  9620WRX Points: 1,108Posts: 9,620 Marshals

Exactly. There are two different shaft profiles with an x and stiff flex of each in the photos

Posted:
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter
    On -, @gdm43pga

• wcbjrwcbjr Members  2974WRX Points: 201Handicap: 1.2Posts: 2,974 Titanium Tees

Wonder if that is a set of .355 tapered and .370 parallel?

Posted:
  • jojjoj Members  167WRX Points: 104Handicap: +0.7Posts: 167 Fairways

Random questions:

Are there any rules on shafts that can make them non-conforming? Wasn’t/isn’t there rules associated with grips? If grips have guidelines, I would think shafts do?

Posted:
  • maxpeckmaxpeck SwedenMembers  190WRX Points: 67Posts: 190 Fairways
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • beluga99beluga99 Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time Members  1088WRX Points: 216Handicap: 4.7Posts: 1,088 Platinum Tees

@markheardjr we would be delighted to hear your input / thoughts.

Posted:
    G400
    917 F2
    i25 5w
    4-P MMC MP 20
    SM7 52F 56F 60D
    Rossie
  • markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members  7399WRX Points: 206Handicap: 3.8Posts: 7,399 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ p9003TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon Z745 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter
  • markheardjrmarkheardjr Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin! Members  7399WRX Points: 206Handicap: 3.8Posts: 7,399 Titanium Tees

The LSL proto was in that middle weight range and was lower spin and launch than Tour105. I have a set of LSL2 Xs that are stepless, but still rocking the ORA protos in my gamers. I haven't been as in touch with Nippon since I moved to Florida. Wouldn't mind trying the new stuff to give my impressions, still haven't tried the G.O.S.T. hybrid shaft yet. I know they don't want a ton of info out there while they are still testing stuff, and often these codes are just simple tweaks to existing profiles for a specific players request. But would be interested in the J and 3C14 if they are unique new profiles or how they are tweaks of existing profiles.

Posted:
    NIPPON SHAFT TRIALS!! Get in on a pay-it-forward type shaft testing!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...yer-forwarding/

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ p9003TX
    TaylorMade '08 Burner 17.5° w/ p9003TX
    Srixon Z745 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.