GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Henley or no?

trojanhorse ·  
trojanhorsetrojanhorse Members  114WRX Points: 62Posts: 114 Fairways

Recently picked up some new dri fit material henleys to wear casually and wondering what people's opinion was of them for golf? Seems with the modernization of golf style recently then it might be a good call

Posted:

Comments

• DFW SnowmanDFW Snowman Members  278WRX Points: 146Posts: 278 Greens

The only good henley is Russell.

But if you like it, wear it. Although I had never thought of henleys as modernized style.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members  1299WRX Points: 452Posts: 1,299 Platinum Tees

Carl Spackler's moms advice, if they make it you can wear it. Someone will think you look sharp.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5162WRX Points: 917Posts: 5,162 Titanium Tees

Maybe if you have fancy pants and shoes you can get away with it. You won't be stylin in a henley with cargo shorts and sneakers.

Posted:
  • Flip4000Flip4000 Never Lays Up.... Zero Fox Given Members  912WRX Points: 51Posts: 912 Golden Tee

I have about 4 or 5 golf henlys and 3 tennis henleys I picked up for golf.

I wear them primarily to the range or when I play more relaxed afternoon rounds at public course. One area to me where they have a big advantage over regular polos is on hot days. I am not sure why, but the blade collar just feels a little cooler on my neck than say a traditional polo. I do think the fit has to be right though to make it work if you are going to wear it for a round at a nicer course, and it probably would fly there anyway since some would require a collared shirt.

I know there are alot of guys who would instantly dismiss the idea of golf henleys, but I really like them and definitely think there is a place for them in golf, especially now a days.

Posted:
  • NaptimeNaptime Members  695WRX Points: 130Posts: 695 Golden Tee

I hate wearing collared golf shirts. I have a Nike blade collar that works fine if I need to be collared. Otherwise I prefer fall golf when my windbreaker hides my UA T-shirt from the shirt police.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.