***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Globalgolf - Putter stock photos

dmecca2 ·  
dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  384WRX Points: 338Handicap: +3Posts: 384 Greens

Does anyone have any experience with GlobalGolf on ebay?

I am looking at purchasing an Edel E-1 putter, and if you dont know, one of Edel's main features is the ability to customize the putter. Sight lines and the grip, for example, can vary putter to putter and are important in choosing the right putter. GlobalGolf seems to have a lot of E-1 putters, but only the stock photo is shown and the stock photo is not even correct as it's a lefty putter photo. How do they expect to sell any of these, and how would a buyer know what they're getting? The whole strategy doesn't make sense to me and I cant understand why they wouldn't snap quick photos like 2nd Swing does.

If I do purchase one of those putters, would I be entitled to a return based off the fact that there is no description and the photo is incorrect?

Posted:

Comments

• bhj83bhj83 Kansas CityMembers  923WRX Points: 163Handicap: 1.0Posts: 923 Golden Tee

Good luck...I've had terrible luck buying putters from them and always returned them because the condition they list them as came nowhere close to the condition I received. They think a "very good" putter has dings and gouges all over including the face of milled putters.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 9.0 Tour Length
    Cobra F9 3-4W 14.5
    Srixon U85 18
    Srixon Z785 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 4 50, 56, 62
    Evnroll ER1.2
    Titleist ProV1X | Srixon Z Star
    Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  384WRX Points: 338Handicap: +3Posts: 384 Greens

I didn't plan on buying from them, but if I am protected under eBay's buyers protection policy, what is the risk if I theoretically buy all of their e-1 putters and return the ones that don't match what I want because who knows what I'm getting.

Posted:
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r Members  2300WRX Points: 276Handicap: 13Posts: 2,300 Platinum Tees

GG's regular store allows 'no questions asked' returns for a period of time, say 30 days but check the website. Assume their ebay store is similar, but you might want to double-check.

Buying any clubs from them can be a bit of a crapshoot, but I have had way more hits than misses. Obviously, as you note, no way to know what kind of custom putter you will receive until you get it in hand. Sometimes, that is part of the fun though--YMMV.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Driver, Graphite Design G Series 60 R
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3 and 5 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M3
    Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110 R
    PXG 0311 SW (54/14) and LW (58/12), TT Elevate Tour S
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

• dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  384WRX Points: 338Handicap: +3Posts: 384 Greens

Yes, but their website requires you to pay return shipping. Ebay policy, however, requires the seller to pay return shipping if the item does not match the description. I imagine with other clubs such as drivers, wedges, and irons, a stock photo and condition rating are enough to get a pretty good idea of what you're going to get, but with an edel putter, a lefty stock photo for a righty putter and no specs at all just doesn't cut it and, in my opinion, would be grounds for the seller paying for return shipping.

Posted:
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r Members  2300WRX Points: 276Handicap: 13Posts: 2,300 Platinum Tees

I guess I should have added that I don't get hung up on the return shipping. To me, unless GG really screwed up, I consider return shipping a cost of buying online sight unseen. I recently returned a set of irons that I simply decided I did not want anymore. GG provides the return label, but if they deduct $10 or so from my refund for return shipping, so be it. YMMV.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Driver, Graphite Design G Series 60 R
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 3 and 5 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M3
    Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110 R
    PXG 0311 SW (54/14) and LW (58/12), TT Elevate Tour S
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

Normally for one club that wouldnt be a problem, but in this hypothetical situation I've presented, I would be buying 5 or 6 clubs just to see if any of them are what I'm looking for.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Tried that, but "they do not have access to the item to provide pics or further specs."

I told them about their incorrect stock photo and they didn't care and when I said,"if I want to buy from you, I would need to purchase all of your putters and then you would have to pay for return shipping on the ones that weren't accurate, so it would be best for you to provide the specs," they basically called my bluff and said yes that is allowed through eBay. I'm not looking to drop $600 on putters just to go through an eBay legal battle to get my money and shipping expenses back on the putters I don't want, so I guess they win at amazing customer service.

Posted:
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

That’s disappointing to hear. I buy through the Canadian site all the time and have had no trouble getting pics. Maybe because the USA is a much higher volume site.

Posted:
  • MooJerseyMooJersey MarylandMembers  603WRX Points: 142Handicap: 15.4Posts: 603 Golden Tee

Be careful with GG. I’ve gotten a lot of counterfeit clubs from them. I don’t think they really care either. Long story, ask me how I know.

Posted:
    Driver = Titleist TS2
    4W = Titleist TS2 (16.5*)
    7W = Titleist 917F2 (21*)
    Titleist T100 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX-4
    (50.08 Mid, 56.10 High, 60.5 Low)
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Advertisement

I decided not to buy from them. Found a good deal on a putter I can see.

Posted:
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4341WRX Points: 578Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,341 Titanium Tees

No pics of actual product = No Deal

Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.75) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R (2019 Forged Tec SteeFiber i95cw R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1/ '16 Tiki
    Wilson Staff FG Tour/ Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2317WRX Points: 398Posts: 2,317 Platinum Tees

Huh? Could ya share more info?

Their condition guide is for the birds recently, but never fake stuff

a lot of counterfeit clubs? Gotta share more than that

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • MustuMustu Members  75WRX Points: 53Posts: 75 Fairways

I have bought lots of clubs from GG directly and from their store on eBay. I'm not too particular about the condition of the clubs except for putters. I bought a white Taylormade putter from them years ago that had paint chips and dings everywhere. Never bought a putter from them again.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.