***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Exercises for golf during covid

ballzo ·  
ballzoballzo Sacramento, CAMembers  654WRX Points: 123Handicap: 4Posts: 654 Golden Tee

I am really missing my gym time since covid. I used to go to the gym sometimes twice a day so I'm missing something that I feel I need to play good golf especially over the long term. While my swing has improved alot since the lockdown my waistline has also expanded some. I am able to work on my game/swing alot more than I was previously. I wondering how I might be able to add some workout stuff to my day without needing to build a home gym. I may build a home gym at some point but I'm just ready to do that yet ( I don't have the room in my garage). So I'm wondering, does anyone have any tips or places I could look to help me figure out some workouts in the park style or at the range etc to add to my routine.

Posted:
Titleist TS2 8.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Sonartec MD 17* Fujikura Banzai stiff
Sonartec MD 21* Fujikura Banzai stiff
Sonartec MD 25* Fujikura Banzai stiff
MacGregor Pro-C 6-P S300
Scratch Golf JLM-SND 51*, JLM-SND 55*, JLM-SFU 59*
Scotty Cameron California Series Del Mar

Comments

• rx7markrx7mark Members  76WRX Points: 64Posts: 76 Fairways

This might be a little extreme, but I will share my Covid exercise story.  Like you I was gaining weight, and missing my gym that I previously used in the morning prior to work.  So with my work at home extended to the end of the year my wife and I invested in a home gym including:  TRX station and foam mat (good for yoga and stretching also), a used recumbent stationary bike, and a water rowing machine, and some adjustable kettle bells.

But none of that really helped my golf much, but my weight came back down!

The revelation was when I realized that the Kayaking that I was doing every week starting in March, was having a profound impact on my golf game in a good way.  I am a newby at sea kayaking and have been learning from a gentleman with 50 years experience who is 72.  We go out for a 8-10 mile paddle that takes 2-2.5 hrs depending on conditions.  At first he was kicking my butt.  I wear a heart rate monitor that tracks pace and calories, and I burn about 1200 calories on one of these outings, so we are working hard and I am warn out afterword's.   Done right you use a torso twisting motion to power the kayak paddle.  Well I have been getting stronger and faster with more stamina as the season has gone on.  I can now keep up with my friend.

So what does the kayaking have to do with golf, well all my woods and  irons have gotten about 15 yards longer this season, and I can hit my long irons again for the first time in 20 years.  The very same back muscles that I usually hurt at some point in the golf season are now strong and seem to be immune from that risk.  I am swinging like I did in my 30's now at 60.  Sure feels great!

Somehow finding a exercise that strengthens those twisting muscles is what I am recommending.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ballzoballzo Sacramento, CAMembers  654WRX Points: 123Handicap: 4Posts: 654 Golden Tee

Thats great, we live right on the American river and have been considering kayaks for a while........ What a great idea. This would be a great workout!

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 8.5*
    Titleist TS2 15*
    MacGregor Pro-C 6-P S300

• xmanhockey7xmanhockey7 Members  435WRX Points: 133Posts: 435 Greens

Fit for golf. $12 a month. If you don’t like it after a month you’ve only lost $12. Highly recommend.

Posted:
  • ballzoballzo Sacramento, CAMembers  654WRX Points: 123Handicap: 4Posts: 654 Golden Tee
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 8.5*
    Titleist TS2 15*
    MacGregor Pro-C 6-P S300

• xmanhockey7xmanhockey7 Members  435WRX Points: 133Posts: 435 Greens

Online workouts basically. Different workouts and programs available.

https://fitforgolf.blog/

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.