***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Crack or no crack?

e-man ·  
e-mane-man Members  2276WRX Points: 202Posts: 2,276 Platinum Tees

I recently bought a Cobra Baffler hybrid from Callaway Preowned in average condition. I went to change the grip today and found this. Crack or no crack? I can catch my fingernail in it. I suppose it could be a deep scratch in the paint from a grip change (I did not do it, for those wondering). Thoughts?

Posted:

Comments

• D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members  1133WRX Points: 178Posts: 1,133 Platinum Tees

100% a knife mark from a grip change. Shouldn't cause any real issues.

Posted:

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year...NOPE. Today's date is 10/8/2019. 7/16/2020

Driver: Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Project X Smoke Black 60 6.5
    3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* - Diamana D+ 90x (on the bench)
    Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Project X 6.5 (on the bench)
    Irons: 2-5 Taylormade 300 Forged (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    6-9 Taylormade Smoke MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    PW: Scratch 1018 47* - Project X 6.5
    GW: Scratch 1018 DOG 53* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    LW: Scratch 1018 DD SFU bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft.
    Putter: Bettinardi QB8 Limited - OG BGT Stability shaft - 34.5" @ 68* and 1.5* loft (for sale)

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ChitownM2ChitownM2 Members  127WRX Points: 44Posts: 127 Fairways

Yeah that looks like a knife mark to me too.

Posted:
  • kdog25kdog25 Members  1777WRX Points: 341Posts: 1,777 Platinum Tees

Agree with the above. Careless/sloppy grip removal.

Posted:
  • kcsfkcsf Santa Fe, NMMembers  1299WRX Points: 347Handicap: 5Posts: 1,299 Platinum Tees

I'd say it's an average scratch.

Posted:
    Cally Maverik Rogue White 130
    G410 Hybrid 19*
    G400 Hybrid 22*
    Miura CB-1008 5-7
    Miura MB-001 8-PW
    Cally MD5 Jaws 50* & 54* raw
    Ping Tess JAS ti blade putter
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

Yeah just a knife mark from a grip change. Cracks are normally going to be pretty straight, not squiggly like this, which is typical for a knife. It doesn't look very deep so it should be fine, but if its a nice shaft (Aldila based on the color bands?) and you're concerned then you can fill the line with some epoxy.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • ode1ode1 Members  3177WRX Points: 273Posts: 3,177 Titanium Tees

Someones got an ol lady with really sharp fingernails....warning scratch😉

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.