GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

2020 Cobra Forged tea Reviews please !!!!

themasters78 ·  
themasters78themasters78 Members  43WRX Points: 20Posts: 43 Bunkers

Ive had my eyes on these irons since they came out.

Cobra makes some under rated clubs and I'm thinking about a 4-PW set with a 3 Utility Iron.

The $ taper shafts feel great but haven't hit the 2020 model yet.

Looking for some long term reviews please. How is the feel / distance / Forgiveness?

Posted:

Comments

• RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members  4340WRX Points: 578Handicap: 8.2Posts: 4,340 Titanium Tees

I assume you meant the Forged Tec's?

I've had them for a bit, but the Jury is still out.

My play has been a bit erratic for the past month as I was in a pretty nasty car accident that totaled my F150 when I T-Boned a guy while going 40 mph back on June 16th.

So my swing is outta sync and some days my back and chest are little painful.

Personally the $Taper was not a shaft for me per fitting at Hot Stix. They felt good, but not good for my swing, distance and strike suffered with consistency. ( I was fitted before the accident ).

These irons fly high and have a good feel/sound when struck well. Good spin as well, (trackman verified) which I've had an issue with some of the new irons that I've demoed the past few years ( Rogue Pro, P790, JPX HM, too low spin )

These are pleasing to the eye, not too thick of a top line. Good turf interaction. Not as forgiving as one might think, but not too punishing on mishits distance-wise.

Main complaint is the distance I'm not getting from the GW and PW. It's probably how I'm swinging , so maybe it will sort itself out, but when I put my 50* Vokey in I get about 5-7 yards more carry and a bit more consistent flight.

I was playing the Forged Tec Black prior to these ( Love them, same shaft, SteelFiber i95 r for me. Still have 'em). I like the Black's a little better I think so far, but I prefer black irons and was disappointed that Cobra wasn't making the new ones in black.

Posted:
    Ping G400 10.5 (9.75) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
    Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
    Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R (2019 Forged Tec SteeFiber i95cw R trial run ) 
    Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
    Vokey SM7 58/8 M 
    Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)/ Bettinardi BB1/ '16 Tiki
    Wilson Staff FG Tour/ Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bombsbombs Members  63WRX Points: 40Handicap: 9Posts: 63 Bunkers

In my experience gapping is a HUGE issue with this set. My assumption is that most online reviewers are hitting the 7 iron in isolation.

4-5 irons very similar distance, likewise 9-P-A were also too tightly bunched. This left some MASSIVE gaps in the middle of the bag, and with such hot faces it is difficult to hit 80/90% swings with these clubs.

Posted:

G410+ 9* | M3 5W | Epic 3H | P790 | RTX-4 52/56/60 | Juno | TP5

• MolemanMoleman Members  593WRX Points: 118Handicap: 12Posts: 593 Golden Tee

I played them for a few rounds, not overly impressed. Back to the forged tec blacks with the black Recoil shafts and they are without a doubt the best combination of feel, looks and performance that I’ve ever had in a set of irons. I can see myself playing them for a long time!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.