***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Real or Fake - TaylorMade SIM Rescue 19

Eugthedad ·  
EugthedadEugthedad Members  5WRX Points: 7Handicap: 18Posts: 5 Starters

Bought on eBay for a reasonable deal but grip reeked of chemical smell.

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• Rfern12Rfern12 Members  451WRX Points: 196Posts: 451 Greens

The top doesn’t even look carbon. Looks like paint to me.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ckayckay Members  4716WRX Points: 763Posts: 4,716 Titanium Tees

It’s not supposed to be carbon.

Looks authentic.

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • DroppingBombsDroppingBombs Members  79WRX Points: 24Handicap: +.3Posts: 79 Fairways

Real. Could be fake grip but club is good to go

Posted:
  • Mookieb10Mookieb10 Members  423WRX Points: 218Posts: 423 Greens

Look fake to me. The blue colorways don’t look the same as what I’ve seen in pictures. I’ll keep looking though. Something looks off to me.

Posted:

Look at the badge on which the words “V STEEL” Lays on...its clearly a different color in the pic below gray almost. Also, the blues look different to my eye

Posted:

Also, look at this little cut in portion, the black cut in goes much further up than on yours.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  384WRX Points: 338Handicap: +3Posts: 384 Greens

The production of the SIM's has been so shoddy lately it wouldn't surprise me if this is real and just poor quality control. Some people have said they moved factories due to covid and others say they haven't. Honestly wouldn't go near a SIM unless it came from a tour van.

Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3368WRX Points: 1,458Posts: 3,368 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

• TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members  842WRX Points: 324Handicap: 11Posts: 842 Golden Tee

I see the same thing here on mine. Straight from TM

Posted:
    Taylormade m5 7.9 tour issue. AD GP 7x
    Callaway epic flash 3w tensei pro white 7x
    Taylormade Sim hybrid 3. Tensei pro white 90tx 
    Mizuno mp18 mmc 4-pw modus 120s
    Artisan 48° 53.5° 59° modus 120s
    Epon i33 rose gold putter

So strange. So yours also looks different from OP’s, but man, the colors look more similar with yours. If it’s a fake it’s a pretty good one, no?

Posted:

Pat Giles, can you take another couple pics of your club in better light?

I feel like the style of the word “SIM” is also a bit sharper in yours than the OP’s.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

Completely different indoor vs. outdoor lighting conditions would explain the differences you're referring to.

As for the other cosmetic differences highlighted, I agree with @dmecca2 in that cosmetic differences have been common in the SIM line. Look at sold listings for SIM Rescues on eBay and half have the longer line cut in to the chromed sole graphic and half have a shorter line. I wouldn't call that definitive.

@Eugthedad, what kind of grip is on it? Can you post pictures?

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • EugthedadEugthedad Members  5WRX Points: 7Handicap: 18Posts: 5 Starters
    Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  4022WRX Points: 2,028Handicap: 1.7Posts: 4,022 Titanium Tees

Looks just like the stock grip. Can you post a link to the original ebay listing?

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 

WITB Thread
  • EugthedadEugthedad Members  5WRX Points: 7Handicap: 18Posts: 5 Starters

My account is too young to post links haha but his profile has been around since 2007 and is based out of the USA

He responded saying it was won off a raffle and gave me the PGA pro name so will prob call tomorrow morning, feel like an **** in my messages to the seller but I've been jipped twice on eBay

Posted:

Hah, no worries! You're wise to check up on it, and i'd definitely call to verify what you can. I'm sure plenty of people sell off clubs they win in raffles, but that is also one of the oldest lines in the book when it comes to offloading fakes since it leaves no paper trail and is almost impossible to verify. He did give you a name though so hopefully you can confirm its legit. If it feels inconclusive or otherwise don't get a solid confirmation, post the eBay seller's name here and we can have a look.

The photos of the fakes that are on DHgate are pretty wonky looking and thankfully yours looks nothing like that, so you're probably fine.

Posted:

WITB Thread

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.