GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Two extremes. Tourist golfers with latest clothing & gear vs. Hoarder golfers with decades old gear

Used2PlayALot ·  
Used2PlayALotUsed2PlayALot Members  336WRX Points: 101Posts: 336 Greens

Recently, I played with a guy who looked like he stepped out of 1992.

His dirty cotton shirt has wide vertical stripes like a referee. Shirt had to be 25 years old.

He wore heavy baggy cotton pleated khaki pants. I have not seen that outdated cut on pants in 30 years.

He wore ratty sneakers that looked decades old.

Of course, I knew his clubs would also be decades old. And they were, blade irons and 90s era woods.

His golf bag looked 50 years old, as well.

Everything about this guy was a time capsule.

He was a 100+ golfer, so equipment and apparel will do nothing for him.

It was refreshing to see someone not give a **** about equipment.

In another thread, someone was mocking tourist golfers at the other extreme.

Tourist golfers. You can tell them in a heart beat dressed to the 9s in the latest and greatest carrying the latest and greatest in equipment. 

What is your take on either extreme?

Posted:

Comments

• miamistompmiamistomp Members  99WRX Points: 71Handicap: 13Posts: 99 Fairways

Golf is an individual sport

Play and look your own way as long as you are not impeding any one else on the course

Living in Miami we see every type over the winter

Many folks from North of the border wear clothes and use implements that have been long forgotten ( knock off ping zings, real spalding golfballs from the last century etc)

As long as they dont blast the radio and let me play through , I don't care

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3364WRX Points: 1,456Posts: 3,364 Titanium Tees

There are instances of EVERY SINGLE STEREOTYPE in existence in golf.

Guys with crap gear that shoot 75, guys with the latest that shoot 130, guys out of the 90's that shoot 70 or 130, latest PUMA gear that do the same....theres just no way to pin any one facet of golf down.

Its the indian, not the arrow.

Posted:

Epic Flash - Motore X F3 / Pro 2.0 7 / Apex 19h - Pro 2.0 8 / Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5.5 - SS Mid Slim 2.0

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.