College scores

oneil003 ·  
oneil003oneil003 Members  47WRX Points: 0Posts: 47
How much higher then usual scores?
So I read somewhere that college scores are higher then scores that the same player will shoot in junior/high school tournaments.

Is this because of the added pressure and tougher courses? About how much higher will scores be in college? For example, if I'm shooting around 75 at my local muni, which has about a course rating of 71 and a slope of 125, what scores would I be shooting in college golf at their courses under their conditions?

Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• japepe21japepe21 Members  67WRX Points: 0Posts: 67
    yes there is more pressure and harder courses...i played at marshall university last four yars in conference USA..we played muirfield village..old waverly. oak hills..lake jovita some hard and long courses...we played at ohio state this past year 7700 yards in 40 degree weather..i shot 78 78 77 and felt like par was 75..so its harder out there
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members  1784WRX Points: 115Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    There are going to be some courses that you will be able to shoot 75-6 at, but the majority of the courses that we play you would have to play very well to break 80. Very different game the way they have those courses set up.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.