2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Rife Putters

tsdiller

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me anything about the Rife putters? Joke , I see em on info TV commercials so they are crap in my opinion but I see tour pros using them

In my opinion, your statement is crap. Give them a try before you speak out. I have one, and regardless of how cheesy the commercials are, what they represent is 100% true. My Scotty Cameron is out of the bag for good now.

Putters are awesome, especially the new Hybrid.

Can anyone tell me anything about the Rife putters? Joke , I see em on info TV commercials so they are crap in my opinion but I see tour pros using them

Nice Post.

You are asking for info on a product you have only seen on tv and just called crap. What kind of responses do you think you're going to get?

Why don't you just use the search feature of the forum so you can read up on these crap putters.

Sorry if I offened any of you sensitive guys WOW all i am saying is most of the time 99% of these infomercials are crap and I see alot of people on tour playing these and Ian is using a new one and BJ is using a belly barbados and justin has used in the past. Why so fragile everyone? You have to agree there are issues with anything usually that are in infomercials? what are the pros and cons of Rife is all I am asking?? How about a few not so hostile answers. I am asking a perfectly ok and not hostile question

none tour edge is a very good company that does not advertise but has the best fairway around at this time. Also why am I still getting these hostile answers, I said I am sorry . There must be a bunch of Rife lovers here I am sorry I asked the Question. Ok I will buy one , what Rife to buy ? is that better I would love for the commercial to be true but they dont have one sponsored player? That good? they dont need to?

As far as a general putter company paying someone, not going to happen. YES! do not pay anyone and yet they have a massive tour prescence around the globe.

As far as Rife being any good, well that is pretty simple. In short YES. and in my opinion they are very similar putters to YES!, pretty firm feel, great roll and a decent selection of putters.

A company like Rife are pretty small, they need to advertise to mass market and the easiest/ and cheapest way are infomercials, to some this devalues the product, to most its the only way they will ever hear of it. UNDERSTAND we are the very very very small percentage of golfers who use internet forums most pitch on a weekend, shoot 100 go home and play next week.

My friend a tip,

NEVER GIVE YOUR OPINION ON ANYTHING BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I collect Scotty Cameron putters. I have a lot. Too much $$ in it actually, but I putt with a RIFE Hybrid Mallet. They are the # 1 putter on the Champions Tour for a reason. They dont get a lot of PGA love but most of the PGA tour is paid to play a brand and then can easily find something that will work for them within the brand.

Think about how succesful the TriMetal was back in the day when Jessie Ortiz single handedly revolutionized the hybrids!

Dont let the infomercial fool ya. Cameron and others pay players which funnels down through tv and magazines and websites to retail sales. Rife chooses informercials.

Either way it is a solid putter, it really is.

I was not being hostile, just jesting. I have a Tour Edge Exotic hybrid and do not have a Rife. However years back Tour Edge had the infomercials on the golf channel and on other sports networks. Nothing wrong with that. Marketing is marketing. A buddy of mine has a Barbados and I used it on the practice green and was surprised at the feel. I always liked heavier putters and this one surprised me with the feel through such a large head. It must be almost 350 g, but it has the stability of a much heavier putter. I guess it is due to the surface area as compared to a blade.

I would like to have one of the Mr. Beasley, but I think they are no longer available.

The Barbados is not that expensive (about $190 or so), and since you have about a $3000 or better bag (just another jab in jest) if you do not like it, it would make an interesting umbrella handle.

In the other guys defense in your first post you said commercials, not infomercial, and as we all know everything we buy is in a commercial somewhere at sometime. :black eye:

none tour edge is a very good company that does not advertise but has the best fairway around at this time. Also why am I still getting these hostile answers, I said I am sorry . There must be a bunch of Rife lovers here I am sorry I asked the Question. Ok I will buy one , what Rife to buy ? is that better I would love for the commercial to be true but they dont have one sponsored player? That good? they dont need to?

As far as a general putter company paying someone, not going to happen. YES! do not pay anyone and yet they have a massive tour prescence around the globe.

As far as Rife being any good, well that is pretty simple. In short YES. and in my opinion they are very similar putters to YES!, pretty firm feel, great roll and a decent selection of putters.

A company like Rife are pretty small, they need to advertise to mass market and the easiest/ and cheapest way are infomercials, to some this devalues the product, to most its the only way they will ever hear of it. UNDERSTAND we are the very very very small percentage of golfers who use internet forums most pitch on a weekend, shoot 100 go home and play next week.

My friend a tip,

NEVER GIVE YOUR OPINION ON ANYTHING BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I collect Scotty Cameron putters. I have a lot. Too much $$ in it actually, but I putt with a RIFE Hybrid Mallet. They are the # 1 putter on the Champions Tour for a reason. They dont get a lot of PGA love but most of the PGA tour is paid to play a brand and then can easily find something that will work for them within the brand.

Think about how succesful the TriMetal was back in the day when Jessie Ortiz single handedly revolutionized the hybrids!

Dont let the infomercial fool ya. Cameron and others pay players which funnels down through tv and magazines and websites to retail sales. Rife chooses informercials.

Either way it is a solid putter, it really is.

Thank you both for the nice and honest opinions of Rife. You would never see get mad if you said you think Scotty camerons and Nike Blades and Callaway Prototype irons are crp and I do not care if you think my driver is trash

I had the Rife 2 bar blade and mallet. I didn't like the feel or sound, personally. I did like the flexibility of changing weights and lie angles. As the Novelty wore off, I got rid of them for more traditional style putters. However, it is not the grooves but the loft that imparts the 'characteristics' from the infomercial.

Yes is a more solid feeling and sounding putter.

I have a Rife Aussie and this thing is awesome. Used to putt with a scotty and at times would not roll it with a straight end over end roll but with the rife I seem to get this nearly every time. Very solid putters imo and by the way they didn't used to advertise with infomercials I have only seen one for their new 2 bar hybrid which just came out.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist T200 3 Utility Build Thump 90-X
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Sorry if I offened any of you sensitive guys WOW all i am saying is most of the time 99% of these infomercials are crap and I see alot of people on tour playing these and Ian is using a new one and BJ is using a belly barbados and justin has used in the past. Why so fragile everyone? You have to agree there are issues with anything usually that are in infomercials? what are the pros and cons of Rife is all I am asking?? How about a few not so hostile answers. I am asking a perfectly ok and not hostile question

Sarcasim is a tough thing to get to work on an internet forum. Sorry if I over reacted but I'm sure you could blow an hour or 2 reading posts on Rife putters. Go to the search feature and type in Rife (or the specific model name) and you are off and running.

BTW I love my Cayman (I also have a ltd edition Aussie) and they put the best roll on the ball hands down. Better then my Yes!, TM AGSI and numerous Scottys, Pings, Kevin Burns, etc that are all collecting dust in my basement. All I can say is I am making more putts now and that's all that matters.

I recently bought a used Rife Barbados. Simply stated, I have never putted better in my life than with this stick. Customer service was the best I've ever received from a golf company -- they replaced the worn headcover gratis, absolutely no questions asked other than what was my address.

Played a scramble on Saturday; sunk a 40 foot putt for birdie and made two other shorter ones (10 feet and about 12-15 feet) for birdie besides. The team went 6 under with no bogeys. I was within 2 feet of the hole on every putt but one, regardless of length or break.

On Sunday, I practiced putting at the best municipal course in my area, Plantation Preserve. Was practicing lag putting from about 30 to 40 feet, and sunk 1 of every 5 or 6 I tried. I've NEVER putted that well before, in 40 years plus of playing the game. I wish I had one decades ago.

Yes, I'm gushing over it, because, for me, it WORKS.

I have made more putts with my 2 bar mallet than any other putter I have tried. It is the real deal. Ugly sure, but it works.

+1 here. You really have to try their selection to see what is best for you. My putting style led to a face balanced style putter and I've had a lot of luck with the mallet style. I am sure the others are great too.

To the OP, its not wise to start off a post by saying something is a joke, or that its crap, and then ask information about it. You make it sound like you only use something because the pros are. Don't let your ignorance and mass marketing get the best of you.

Look I was a Scotty circle T guy through college all the way to the nationwide, but earlier this year the Rife Tour Rep set me up with a IBF Tour Aussie and my putting hasn't been better. I'm not getting paid by Rife so I can say whatever I wan't. On good greens I have never used a putter that starts rolling better. On crappy greens (ie. heavy bermuda or patchy poe) the ball seems to start into the ground a little too soon.

Rife is for REAL. The metal they use is way better than even a Scotty Circle T. Its soft. So soft you have to really hit your putts.

And by the way most infomercials are crap, other than Natalie Gulbis on Sky Caddy they all suck.

I find with my Rife that I am more consistant than with my Cameron. When I am putting well, it doesn't seem to matter which putter I am using, but when I am struggling I find that I do a better job with my lag putting with the Rife.

I find the value with Rife is excellent. A VERY good putter based on the price.

First off, I agree. Say what you mean! Sometimes infomercials are a great way to get noticed. . .Have you ever thought of how many hours of TV are watched in the US daily. Great advertising.

Now, I've had my Rife 2-bar hybrid for a couple months now. I hit right, putt left. I've easily cut 4 to 5 strokes. I hit at least one 20 footer a round, and my misses are usually within a foot. I've always been a decent putter, but the Rife gives me more confidence. I use the heavier weights. The lighter weights in the club gave me no control or feel at all.

The grooves are NOT a joke. I know of at least 3 larger companies that are now producing their own putters with grooved faces. The ball rolls quicker and much more true.

I have used Camerons for the past 4 or 5 years and recently bought a Rife 2 Bar Hybrid mallet because I couldn't miss with it at the golf store and I really like the feel. I haven't used it on the course yet, but I can't wait to try it. I agree that it is not the best looking putter, but if it helps me make more putts, I'm all for it.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 Aldila RIP 70x
Titleist 913F 15 Diamana 82 s
Titleist 913H 17 Phenom x
Titleist 714 CB 3-9 X100
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Vokey Raw Black SM5 46, 54, 58

You ask a stupid, passive-aggressive question, you get stupid answers. Only one person to blame for that. I really wish people would stop this kind of BS on the forums. It spoils it for those of us genuinely interested.

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"