New Scotty Cameron Select Putter Choice?

mtstartup ·  
mtstartupmtstartup 92374Banned  181WRX Points: 0Posts: 181 BST Banned
The new Squareback, Fastback and 2.6 and 2.7 which?
What is the one you are looking forward to the most The new Squareback, Fastback and 2.6 and 2.7?

Please list for a Tally?
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TLUBulldogGolfTLUBulldogGolf Sasquatch Houston, TXMembers  2488WRX Points: 153Handicap: +2.8Posts: 2,488 Platinum Tees
    I like the fastback, but I will go with the 2.6.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05
    Titleist 917 F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 100-X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black 54* S Grind PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 60* M Grind PX 6.0
    Odyssey Works #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol 1.0
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tourbladetourblade TourBlade Members  447WRX Points: 0Posts: 447
    none for me. I have 4 scotties, i love the look but they dont perform for me.
    Posted:
  • QegureziQegurezi Members  3826WRX Points: 143Posts: 3,826 Titanium Tees
    Fastback will be my first ever Scotty.
    Posted:
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    fastback for me, i've wanted a mallet in my collection for a while now but i haven't decided on one

at the moment i'm liking the scotty fastback and one of the new taylor made rossa kia ma mallets
    Posted:
  • jickjick Members  1151WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees
    It would be great if you could make the first post into a poll.
    Posted:
  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX  2432WRX Points: 157Posts: 2,432 ClubWRX
    Poll Added
    Posted:
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Advertisement
  • jickjick Members  1151WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees
    I chose the Squareback because it is the most "original" as it copies only the Yes Diana and has no equivalent with Odyssey, Ping, Rossa, Bettinardi, or those other independent putter makers. I would like to harbor a guess also that the sweetspot of that should be closer to the center than the other Cameron models.
    Posted:
  • mhays26mhays26 Members  21WRX Points: 0Posts: 21
    None of the above. T10 select.
    Posted:
  • littlepingmanlittlepingman Augusta, GAMembers  7547WRX Points: 75Posts: 7,547 Titanium Tees
    jick wrote on Aug 22 2008, 09:14 AM:
    I chose the Squareback because it is the most "original" as it copies only the Yes Diana and has no equivalent with Odyssey, Ping, Rossa, Bettinardi, or those other independent putter makers. I would like to harbor a guess also that the sweetspot of that should be closer to the center than the other Cameron models.

LOL...

Thank you once again jick. You are definitely one of my favorite posters on GolfWRX. I truly enjoy reading your posts. You are definitely one of the few members here that I go out of my way to read their posts. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

As for this thread. I also voted the Squareback. If I were going to buy another Scotty, that would be the one. I am very curious what neck options this model will come with.
    Posted:
  • MU MikeMU Mike Members  118WRX Points: 60Posts: 118 Fairways
    I'm sure none of them will be offered in LH so it's a moot question for me.
    Posted:
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members  3681WRX Points: 265Posts: 3,681 Titanium Tees
    littlepingman wrote on Aug 22 2008, 07:24 AM:

LOL...

Thank you once again jick. You are definitely one of my favorite posters on GolfWRX. I truly enjoy reading your posts. You are definitely one of the few members here that I go out of my way to read their posts. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

As for this thread. I also voted the Squareback. If I were going to buy another Scotty, that would be the one. I am very curious what neck options this model will come with.

Only the midbend (what you see in the pic) neck is set for this year. Next year you will see a plumbers neck, 1.5 neck, etc.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson

Advertisement
  • QWKDTSNQWKDTSN Dreaming of Bandon Members  2999WRX Points: 3Posts: 2,999 Titanium Tees
    I voted Squareback.

I can't believe Scotty is ripping off SeeMore with the 2.7. Nice red dot there Scotty.
    Posted:
  • littlepingmanlittlepingman Augusta, GAMembers  7547WRX Points: 75Posts: 7,547 Titanium Tees
    newportbeach wrote on Aug 22 2008, 10:40 AM:
    littlepingman wrote on Aug 22 2008, 07:24 AM:

LOL...

Only the midbend (what you see in the pic) neck is set for this year. Next year you may see a plumbers neck, slant neck, etc.

Will the Squareback be a full retail offering or will it be part of a limited release such as the T-10, Catalina Classic, Napa Valley, etc?
    Posted:
  • meptingmepting ClubWRX  136WRX Points: 60Posts: 136 Fairways
    I believe all of the above are coming to retail but I'm not sure on the 2.6 (centershaft).

I like the fastback but will probably get a 2.7.
    Posted:
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members  3681WRX Points: 265Posts: 3,681 Titanium Tees
    All four pictured above are a full retail offering. Limited putters this year = button back teryllium like AK's (newport and newport 2), holiday, My Girl and perhaps an Inspired by Adam Scott). Next spring you'll see the squareback and fastback in a plumber and 1.5 neck to replace the red X. They may also show up with a plumbers neck as either the limited My Girl or Holiday this year.
    Posted:
    - Lord Tennyson
  • ballywho27ballywho27 Members  531WRX Points: 79Posts: 531 Golden Tee
    Does anybody know the head weight of the squareback and fastback?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    ballywho27 wrote on Aug 22 2008, 09:57 AM:
    Does anybody know the head weight of the squareback and fastback?

It will be adjustable just like the selects that are out now.
    Posted:
    - Lord Tennyson
  • jasongore74jasongore74 Members  12WRX Points: 0Posts: 12
    Squareback with 30grams of weight next week
    Posted:
  • snkstaffsnkstaff Members  890WRX Points: 0Posts: 890
    I voted squareback. I am torn between the sqaureback and the fastback. I would also love to see them release the notchback as well. Sqaureback has had me searhing ebay but nothing so far
    Posted:
  • hurricanewarninghurricanewarning Members  343WRX Points: 0Posts: 343
    I thought the squareback was going to be plumber's neck...Are they trying to make them face balanced?
    Posted:
  • ilikegolfilikegolf Members  331WRX Points: 78Posts: 331 Greens
    Would love to get my hands on a buttonback.

How much would one of those cost?

Do i need to become a club scotty member or something in order to have a chance to get one at retail?
    Posted:
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* - Accra TZ245
    Nike VR 15* - Diamana Blue
    Ping G30 19* - Tensei Pro Blue 80Hy
    Srixon Z765 5-PW - Modus 120
    Ping Glide SS 50 / 54
    TM Hi Toe 58
    Bettinardi Studio #2 Face Balanced

Advertisement
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Bag For Sale .. Juan uva kind.. Only used on Sunday.. ;-) Still LivingClubWRX  7212WRX Points: 65Handicap: 7/11Posts: 7,212 Titanium Tees
    TLUBulldogGolf wrote on Aug 22 2008, 01:33 AM:
    I like the fastback, but I will go with the 2.6.

+1...Took the words right out of my mouth. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    All Callaway all long..
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    this is a little off-topic, but would the retail release of the studio select 2.7 affect the price of the center shaft studio stainless prototype?
    Posted:
  • sweeetsweeet sweeet EH! Account Hold  561WRX Points: 0Posts: 561
    2.6 image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • jcbhurstjcbhurst Members  138WRX Points: 0Posts: 138
    Looking forward to a Squareback.

Is there anywhere to preorder besides a titleist rep? as I dont have contact with a local rep.

Thanks kindly
    Posted:
  • CHM36CHM36 Members  18WRX Points: 0Posts: 18
    Are the Fastbacks and Squarebacks face balanced putters?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mtstartupmtstartup 92374Banned  181WRX Points: 0Posts: 181 BST Banned
    If anyone would like to order one I have a Shop in Southern California and they get them quickly right after release. Just PM me and let me know specs.
    Posted:
  • sweeetsweeet sweeet EH! Account Hold  561WRX Points: 0Posts: 561
    Out of topic, but I can't wait for those either.. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

kitsoasis wrote on Aug 22 2008, 03:47 AM:
    fastback for me, i've wanted a mallet in my collection for a while now but i haven't decided on one

at the moment i'm liking the scotty fastback and one of the new taylor made rossa kia ma mallets
    Posted:
  • KevCarterKevCarter WisconsinClubWRX  12929WRX Points: 473Posts: 12,929 ClubWRX
    No question for me. 2.6!

Kevin
    Posted:
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again

Advertisement
  • sthebest91sthebest91 Members  60WRX Points: 0Posts: 60
    The squareback with a newport 2 hozel would be perfect, but the fastback looks so sick.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.