Adams 9015D and 9016D

ntroducing the New Adams Insight Prototype Drivers, the official drivers of the Long Drivers of America. Available at Sellinger's Power Golf, the Insight XTD series is designed specifically for greater distance by expanding the impact zone of the face for maximized ball speed on center and off-center hits.

The design and performance of the Insight XTD Drivers got the attention of the industry's authority on distance, Long Drivers of America and a partnership was formed. The Insight XTD is now the Official Driver of Long Drivers of America, which includes the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship and the Exceptional Driver Championship.

The partnership has resulted in the creation of two new prototype drivers, the Insight XTD LDA 9015D and the 9016D. The 9015D is geared to the everyday golfer seeking increased distance off the tee. The 9016D driver has been designed specifically with long drivers in mind catering to golfers with club head speeds in excess of 120+ MPH.

Both Drivers Are Specifically Engineered To Let ANYONE TAKE IT DEEP. Which driver is right for you?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a chance to hit the 9015D last week & it was awesome. The face is wide open so it looks great and produces a lovely boring trajectory. This may be the low spin head to replace the j33r 460 for the low launch low spin aficionados out there.

J33r is not even remotely in the same ballpark as the 9015d. 9015d blows past the j336 hit anywhere on the face.

• 2 months later...

Got a chance to take my new 9015D out today. Stiff shaft model, my swing speed 105. Best driver I have hit in a long time. Replaced Titleist D1 with Diamana shaft. Played in high winds 20mph with 30 mph gusts. Easy to hit low into the wind and high to ride it. 15 to 20 yards longer than D1 with no loss in accuracy. With todays wind I went out thinking an 82 would be a great score, shot 84 and glad to have it. This driver is a keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tech A4 is the same driver as the 9015D. The 9105D was the 'prototype' that was pre-released and Adams decided it was successful enough to make it their flagship driver.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
The Tech A4 is the same driver as the 9015D. The 9105D was the 'prototype' that was pre-released and Adams decided it was successful enough to make it their flagship driver.

Do you know if the face sits square on the A4 Tech for lofts of 9.5 and over?

Driver  :XXIO 10
Woods : COBRA RADSPEED 3W + 5W
Hybrids : NONE 
Irons : JPX-800-HD
Wedges : CLEVELAND CBX2  50-11 + 56-12 + 60-10
Putter : ODYSSEY WHITE HOT  RX  #2

• 1 month later...

After reading reviews on this driver,I searched ebay and found one.

Put a bid in and hey presto won the item!.

Must say I did have buyers remorse after winning it, but now that I have it, and used it, that has gone.

Specs;

A4 Tech, 9.5 degs. Fitted with GD YS 6+ Stiff.

Looks;

Probably the best looking head I have seen. How I would design a driver head, pear shaped in profile,not too large looking, deep face and a nice amount of bulge and roll.Face alignment appears to be square.

No alignment aid, but who cares?.

Feel;

The best sound around. A nice crack, nothing like a Nike or Cobra.Sounds like a small calibre rifle.

The feel of the ball off the face is like no other 460 driver I have used, and there have been a few!, smooth as.

Some of this feel could be due to the shaft. Not one I would have fitted by choice, but the standard A4 fit Ozik (which I had in a Taylormade R7 TP 425), was not that impressive, so decided to give this combo a try.

Previous experience with a YS6 was in a 905R, and that was very underwhelming!.Other users have commented on the feel of the YS as being very good.

Maybe it suits this head?.

Performance;

Took it to the range, with my Cobra L4V.

No comparison.The Adams was like a cannon.

My swing speed is only 95 mph, but this combo seemed perfect.

Ball flew straight and long. Seemed to hang forever before hitting the ground and rolling a long way.

Found it went best when teed up off the big toe, rather than inside the heel with the Cobra.

To sum up;

Initial impression is that rather than being a dubious purchase, the $182.00 was very well spent.

If only other max headed drivers could be like this.

Will play 18 holes this afternoon.

Hope I an still enthused after that! :clapping:

After reading reviews on this driver,I searched ebay and found one.

Put a bid in and hey presto won the item!.

Must say I did have buyers remorse after winning it, but now that I have it, and used it, that has gone.

Specs;

A4 Tech, 9.5 degs. Fitted with GD YS 6+ Stiff.

Looks;

Probably the best looking head I have seen. How I would design a driver head, pear shaped in profile,not too large looking, deep face and a nice amount of bulge and roll.Face alignment appears to be square.

No alignment aid, but who cares?.

Feel;

The best sound around. A nice crack, nothing like a Nike or Cobra.Sounds like a small calibre rifle.

The feel of the ball off the face is like no other 460 driver I have used, and there have been a few!, smooth as.

Some of this feel could be due to the shaft. Not one I would have fitted by choice, but the standard A4 fit Ozik (which I had in a Taylormade R7 TP 425), was not that impressive, so decided to give this combo a try.

Previous experience with a YS6 was in a 905R, and that was very underwhelming!.Other users have commented on the feel of the YS as being very good.

Maybe it suits this head?.

Performance;

Took it to the range, with my Cobra L4V.

No comparison.The Adams was like a cannon.

My swing speed is only 95 mph, but this combo seemed perfect.

Ball flew straight and long. Seemed to hang forever before hitting the ground and rolling a long way.

Found it went best when teed up off the big toe, rather than inside the heel with the Cobra.

To sum up;

Initial impression is that rather than being a dubious purchase, the $182.00 was very well spent.

If only other max headed drivers could be like this.

Will play 18 holes this afternoon.

Hope I an still enthused after that! :clapping:

Just got one. Can't wait to try it. I heard the new one's are very nice and long

Now that's what I like to hear, any ideas on where I could find one of those?

*edit- Found the lefty's on TGW. But the sole does not have the red paint fill, it has the greyish color. I'm guessing because the one's sold in TGW are not the tour ones? That being said, is there a major difference between the TGW a4 9015D Prototype and the tour 9015D with the red paint fill?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok kids buckle up.

Here are the numbers from my first range session using my new 9016d 7.5* head this past Tuesday night on 01/13/2008 @ play-a-round golf's double doppler sim.

I picked up another 9016d head a few days ago. The 9016d is the best of the best and no one or nothing can come close and I am puzzled how this head is not banned from competition. WOW!!

My Hi-Bore XL Tour 8.5* was absolutely smoked out of the bag and never again will it see playtime.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Boom

That is some serious distance.

I posted this up here mainly to show a diff between my Hi-Bore XL Tour 8.5* open 3* (old) and my new Adams 9016d 7.5* open 2* (new)

Just wish the monitor could keep up, SS and BS are skewed like crazy. Ball Spin is a jacked but Raw distance is measured true using aG software - 3trak camera and doppler system.

Swing Coach has me preparing for a plenty of Amatuer events through GAP this spring and summer. He has me working like a dog on scoring.

We will see how competetive golf goes for me at age 37 in 2009.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Just switched to the 9015d 9.5* from my old fav the Bridgestone J33R. I put a Matrix Ozik FM-7 in and let it fly. I gotta say that this club is unreal. First drive was 289 right down the middle and drove the green on a tight par 4. It was 38 degrees! I never could have done that with the J33R. Keep in mind my swing speed is usually 110 or so but am plagued with high spin. The J33R was pretty good at minimizing the spin and kept it around 3000 but this club may even be better. It's got a great penetrating mid trajectory and rolled out forever. Probably the best thing about it was that fact that I stayed in the fairway on both a heel shot and a toe job with pretty good distance. The J33R, well, would not have done the same. It sets up *slightly* open which is great and is stable at address. Just plop it down and let it rip. This club oozes confidence. I actually found myself overswinging once I was so sure I'd rip it which caused me to snap it a little. I just swung easy the next time out and ripped another one 295. This club, with the right shaft, is amazing. I also tried it with a Fujikura Speeder XS which was nice but not as low spin as the Matrix. In short, this club rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

This club does deliver better than any driver I've ever hit before. It might have the most lively clubface I've ever hit, besting the once undefeated Alpha C380. Anyhow, it was long, forgiving and straight enough that it has booted my G10 w/ Whiteboard out of the bag.

Only problem is, I guess I'm going to have to move that Whiteboard over to the a4, because that stock Matrix shaft aint exactly stout.

Everyone owes it to themselves to try this beast!

I'm gonna give it a 5. I have hit R5 Dual TP for over 3 years because I could not find a driver that was more consistent for me, that is until my 9015d got it's maiden voyage today. The R5's have a permanent place in retirement now. This club was an absolute dream to hit and smooth as a newborns bottom. I highly recommend it.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

Just bought from a fellow wrx'r a Tech 9015d 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard 63x. I should have it Thursday when I return from being away on business. Im really looking forward to hitting it at the range....as its still wet and cold here in the midwest. I will post my thoughts when I actually get some range time on the club.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......