2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

My putters with pics

Emm

Hi

I posted a few pics last year of my putters but due to not playing with them all, I decided to sell them on and only keep the ones I play with. The BeCu B60 is the newest addition which I treated to a repaint on the face after removing the patina (sorry). It looked like someone had been using it as a hammer so it took some time to remove the pitted face.

I treated the Anser 2 Becu last year to a full clean and its started to patina nicely on the hosel.

Oh and you can see my scrap wood putter rack :rolleyes:

Anyway I thought I would share as putter pics are putter pics.

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

The weirdest headcover i think Ping produced

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

My Callaway with Stitched back Gripmaster

DSC02586.jpg

Nice focus on the grass! :birthday:

DSC02585.jpg

I'm going to put the blue Iomic grip on the Anser F Ti and give it a try when my putting fully returns

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

Anser 2 Patina coming along

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

My Cheap as chips putter rack in my garage!

DSC02604.jpg

The B60 is in the process of being sent to Ping for a new shaft and loft and lie check

Anyway thanks for looking!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post! I LOVE those Cally Tour Blues and I dig the patina on those Pings... Cool Anser F too.. I have never seen that model before. :rolleyes: :birthday:

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Great post! I LOVE those Cally Tour Blues and I dig the patina on those Pings... Cool Anser F too.. I have never seen that model before. :rolleyes: :birthday:

Thanks The callaway is nice and has been in my bag for a year until this month. The brass Anser was cleaned nearly 2 years ago and has never turned but the Anser 2 in copper is coming along fine. The Anser F has 124 Titanium pixels in the face, some have a number some don't, never got to the bottom of what its all about. May be simply a production run number like the Ti4 Anser, but the anser F Ti has another shaft band for WRX dept.

Nice collection there. :rolleyes:

p.s. The ambulance crew managed to get my heart re-started and the prognosis is good - albeit the cardiologist advised me not to look at any more pictures of your Ping putters in future to avoid any further shock-related problems...

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

Haha. Is that because they are nice or because I have polished them? Sometimes people cringe when they see a polised Ping lol

I play at Cretingham Golf Club. Used to be a bit poor many moons ago, But Neil is doing great work there opening up more land and extending the tees further back. There is another revamp of the back nine coming soon, but i can't get them to tell me whats going on. All i can see is another tee box going off at 90* and a lake with a little island!!

Reagrding the Anser Wti, my mate has one i will see if he wants it!!

It is called a Callaway TT1

Titanium with Tungsten inserts in the sole to the toe and heel. Very deep milling in the face makes it feel soft. I think it rolls the ball nice but its all personal. It never took off and was discontinued probablybecause It wasn't cheap at the time, i think $299 or something (i got it when it was discontinued and only £99). but now you can get them from ebay for a fair price.

I posted further details here

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;hl=tt1+review

With the Help from an enquiry here. Thanks to choeppner for the great info

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;hl=tt1+review

Also very nice with the blue coating removed

• 1 month later...

Titanium with Tungsten inserts in the sole to the toe and heel. Very deep milling in the face makes it feel soft. I think it rolls the ball nice but its all personal. It never took off and was discontinued probablybecause It wasn't cheap at the time, i think $299 or something (i got it when it was discontinued and only £99). but now you can get them from ebay for a fair price.

I picked one up at the time in a store and although I wasn't fussed about the finish, it really is a nice putter and very nicely weighted. I made my decision to but it, looked at the price and I think they wanted £275 or so for it. It wasn't worth that to me but I can confirm it is more than just a curiosity. I would certainly pay a bit more than what you did for it Emm, it is a good putter.

I think that collection is a good example of prioritizing substance over style. Very nice.

I picked one up at the time in a store and although I wasn't fussed about the finish, it really is a nice putter and very nicely weighted. I made my decision to but it, looked at the price and I think they wanted £275 or so for it. It wasn't worth that to me but I can confirm it is more than just a curiosity. I would certainly pay a bit more than what you did for it Emm, it is a good putter.

I think that collection is a good example of prioritizing substance over style. Very nice.

Thanks mate, yeah the TT1 is nice, I have a love-hate relationship with it at the mo, I get a different feel 5/10 times I use it, i know its me but i don't with a 25 year old Ping so its on the rack.

can you remove the patina from piongt maganese bronze putters

if you can then how

i want it to look like it did brand new

steeel wool doesnt work too well

I believe some use Coke, but I never found it worked very well for me. so I used "Autosol" a metal polish cleaner I don't use it more than once as i want it to turn once its damage free. The Manganese bronze Anser in the top pics is the only one I have kept the rest were all sold on (accept the faith). It arrived in a bad state like the rest and needed the top line and face (sanded with 400- 1200 wet and dry paper), this meant i needed to remove the patina to even it out all over. To remove the nicks I use the paper to remove the patina I use the polish. If you use paper you will remove the bead finish so take care...

I have the Copper Scottdale Anser, Copper Anser 2 and the Manganese Bronze Anser and a Silicone Bronze Anser F, so i think you mean the Copper Scottdale Anser I think?

My wife used it for a year, but I used the Copper Anser 2 this weekend in a pairs Comp. I love the copper putters as they are sooo soft. Perhaps a little tricky over distance, especially the B60 as the sweet spot is very much better than an off centre hit. The lead tape on the sole seemed to improve the sweet spot and add weight, 2 for the price of one!!

DSC02767.jpg

I'm not sure of the weight of the scottsdale Anser as i never pull the shaft. but its heavier than the Bronze Anser, but lighter than the AnserF. :crazy:

Sorry yeah its a great putter the Anser 2, From the top down it seems to do what so many fail to do and thats provide virtually even shadows and seams along the back and around the cavity. It seems that a lot of putters add height and weight in this area to get the magical 350g and it makes the lines untidy in the all areas behind the top line, the Anser doesn't do this IMO. I have one more Anser 2 to get then i will. stop looking for them... I :D hope

Love the collection, Emm. There's a reason it was easy enough for me to find the link to your first post. Only thing that would make it better is if you stopped buffing those things to death. :tongue:

As for headweights, according to Ping, the BeCu Scottsdales had a target weight of 310-324 grams. I'd guess the BeCu Anser 2 would fall in the 315-320 range. One thing I thought was interesting was that there were supposedly less than 1000 each of the special Scottsdale heads made (BeCu/BeNi). Not sure if this is in addition to lefties or including, or if it applies to all the BeCu/BeNi putters, but neat info nonetheless. :good:

:hi:

Lol

Yeah I have put the polish down and stepped away… But I do have a thing about removing battle scars, I like to start with a clean slate with a putter and then it patina’s and every mark after that is mine.

They aren't too bad looking at those weights, I am surprised on the quantities made as I see BeNi Scottdales often on ebay, perhaps people don't know what they are?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Emm :clapping: Great looking collection of PING putters you have there! What's your opinion on the Answer Ti4 you have? Been looking at, debating, thinking on whether or not to try 1?

ps - If what I seen in these posts are true about the Scottsdale BeCu & BeNi's are true I'm goin to be huntn them down here as well!!! Wonder what the true production #'s of each really is/was?

Cheers mate..........as the slogan says....PING Play your Best!

Cheers Emm :clapping: Great looking collection of PING putters you have there! What's your opinion on the Answer Ti4 you have? Been looking at, debating, thinking on whether or not to try 1?

ps - If what I seen in these posts are true about the Scottsdale BeCu & BeNi's are true I'm goin to be huntn them down here as well!!! Wonder what the true production #'s of each really is/was?

Cheers mate..........as the slogan says....PING Play your Best!

Thanks, TBH I am thinking of selling it, I can't seem to putt with it at all. I never hit the sweet spot so it feels soft when I rarely do, and real awkward when I don't. Its probably me but I its not my favorite by a long way even though it draws me back to it every few months.

I love the Becu's from a point of looks and in the traditional heads its great (not keen on the new chunky look of modern Pings), the Anser 2 is nice with a very consistant feel, and the B60 has not really been in my bag long enough to get use out of it yet. I think Beruo mentioned that the Beni Scottsdale was low production numbers but they come up often on ebay, they are nice and heavy (by classic Ping standards) and pretty soft...

Really nice collection.

Good to see the 0312 Anser F in good shape. I kind of regret selling that actually!

Really! was it yours? Its an excellent putter, if I had to keep one putter that would be it, I bought it a few years ago now (i think) and think that has been my best purchase.

Thanks for the putter, TBH I would regret selling it too :hi:

Awesome collection Emm.

I previously had a BeCu B60 and a BeCu Anser 2. I must have been totally mad to trade either of them.

In fact at some point I'm going to try and get another Becu B60, some Mizuno blades and pretend I'm Faldo circa 1992!!

Great collection- but for Pete's sake stop the polishing!!!!!! lol

That Aint Billy Bob!!

Actually I almost bought 1 this past week off eBay for $45! The "kid" made an agreement with me on setting a fixed price! Jerked me around for like 3+hours waiting on it to come back up listed with the Buy Now price he set! When it finally did, he had it back up for $45 no buy now option! I called & emailed him back letting him know exactly what I thought :bigwhack: A man don't make an agreement/deal & then not stick to it! :nono: Only boys & I can't say what I really like to here! Without getting in trouble, I'm guessin'??

I don't need or want that, especially being I just joined today... :lol:

Cheers

Really! was it yours? Its an excellent putter, if I had to keep one putter that would be it, I bought it about a year ago now (i think) and think that has been my best purchase.

Yeah it was mine. I think you may have bought it from me in fact. I actually gave it the polished face it's got now, though more by mistake than anything. I was cleaning it up and the finish didn't take too kindly to the cleaner I was using. It resulted in a patch on the front where the finish came off, so I thought I'd just go and do the whole face instead!

Anyway a beauty of a putter. I love the heavy head on those Anser F's. In my opinion they are the best putters ping have ever made.

Aren't they all polished on the face? As most seem to be?

If I remember the seller originally put "I am selling this putter, I think its called a putter". Now unless you were very very unfamiliar with golf a couple of years ago, I think I bought it from someone else, perhaps after your sale? I always thought it was odd that someone (the seller) knew very little about golf and yet would have one of these for sale...

Anyway I think you are right, this is probably the best one they made.

I will have another new Ping putter to add in the next month or so, can't wait... :D