MOMENTUS Swing Trainers

Gxgolfer

The MOMENTUS is a revolutionary swing trainer that incorporates a patented technology, whereby the clubshaft embodies most of the weight which is evenly distributed throughout the length of the shaft. The reason this is so beneficial in a practice club is because as a golfer swings the MOMENTUS, the evenly weighted shaft generates momentum. The momentum causes the club to swing along a balanced and proper swing plane. Through repetitions with the MOMENTUS, a golfer ingrains the feel for swinging the club on-plane. This leads to a drastic improvement in consistency and clubhead speed.

The momentum of the shaft swings the club, so a golfer's muscles are stretched by swinging the trainer. Additional flexibility and strength are benefits also gained from swinging the MOMENTUS. It is an excellent club to use for warming up prior to playing a round of golf.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll bite and report... my most serious swing flaw used to be taking it too far to the inside going back... if I had not done some work with a friend to be more "upright" during the backswing, I could see how that could have turned into a serious problem. As is I concentrate now on swinging this thing back and through at the same pace, along my toe line. Seems to keep the "around-and-back" out of my swing. I'm also seeing a legitimate weight shift to the back foot, which was something that I often lacked before seriously using this thing. I used to stay much more centered, but not by design... it was definately more out of "fear." I can feel the "club" drop as the first move down, which carries me through to my left side. On a side note, I had been doing some drills to improve the weight shift to the front foot before using this, but the "drop" to start the swing is something that I am much better able to feel now.

Overall, 3.5 -4. I'm in a better position now than before using it ;)

Edit note... swing has changed greatly... teacher and film session made me realize realize major problem was trying to FORCE club to the outside, keeping face VERY shut well into backswing... natural swing is much flatter now, with emphasis on "toe-up" position and leading with the hands into impact... I may give this training aide another run since this eureka! moment :D

• 1 month later...

I like using mine for 2 reasons. 1) Before a round it definitely helps loosen my shoulder, arm and back muscles and gives me a feeling of increased speed when I move to my standard weight clubs, just like taking the donut off a baseball bat. 2) I think it helps groove a good swing path/plane and works golf specific muscles, but I know it has helped increase my hand and forearm strength.

Rapture V1 10.5 BB
Rapture V1 14
G15 2,4,5,6 HY Recoil 95
G15 7-LW CFS
Karsten TR B60

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The club is ok. In my opinion, this training aid is mostly for high handicappers, mostly because it really hasn't done much for me (7 handicap) or a buddy of mine that tried it (11 handicap). It's good for a warmup, and the grip is really cool, but now after using it, my timing is a bit off and although I do hit some shots further, I don't have a good tempo all the time after using it. My swing aid of choice is the medicus; I tried the dual hinge 5 iron after a 5 month layoff (winter), and it was amazing. I couldn't hit a ball worth s**t on the range, but then the next time i went to the range, they had a special that when you buy a large bucket or bigger (large, x-large and jumbo), you could use the Medicus dual 2000 (the 5 iron) or the Inside approach. I used the medicus. I started and couldn't hit the ball very well, but then after that, I tried out the medicus. It was incredibly frustrating trying to swing it without breaking, but I finally did it; then agian, and again, and when I started to hit balls again, they were going even better than they were the previous season. I was hitting the 220 sign on the range time and again, which is somewhere I didn't see too much on the course. I continued to take advantage of that special, and I eventually got a few out to the 235 and 250 signs.

Momentus is good for power, but if you want results in accuracy as well, i think the medicus is the way to go.

• 3 months later...

I am going to have to agree with the member that stated that the Medicus was better than the Momentus. I can see some benefit to the Momentus being that it is a bit heavier and tends to drop the club onto the correct plane rather than allow you to cast it, but the fact that you can't hit balls with it (you actually can, but it doesn't feel very good, but what else was there to do at the golf shop with no customers?). I used it for awhile after my wife gave it to me for Valentine's day but I eventually traded it in on the Medicus Dual. You can get the same basic benefits from swinging two or three clubs as a warm-up.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

I bought this club because it felt very awkward to swing two wedges. The doughnut and weighted iron covers didn't 'loosen me up' like this club does.

The travel version is what I chose since my golf bag doesn't have space for more than 14 clubs or a ball retriever ( I don't like water logged balls anyway, but I do like to donate to the cause).

I didn't want the training grip but that is all that was available. I really feel the club stretch my muscles and improve my swing speed. My irons used to feel 'heavy' to me but after the use of the Momentus, I have a golf specific strength trainer that makes my irons feel lighter. I don't think this club helps someone who hasn't had formal golf lessons - My friend who plays (but hasn't had lessons) looks very awkward swinging it. If you don't have an 'established swing', I wouldn't recommend this.

I don't find the video to be very helpful.

I only wish that this club were designed to hit balls also.

Other alternatives do exist:

Intech Training Club for about 40 USD

Medicus Maximus Weighted trainer

Jim McLean Power system

But none come in a handy travel size.

• 4 months later...

-Power Hitter is a great trr\aining club. You will feel a proper relase with a couple of swings **Caution** Do not buy the 310 version unless you are a big dude or have a very strong back (or you can get on the "juice")!!!

-Short game wizars is a great club to practice chipping and pitches. Highly recommended.

-Regular Momentus...least used out of the three. A good club but the Power Hitter is a much better product!

• 6 months later...

how do you make someone a 10 handicap?

start witha a scratch golfer and give them a momentus.

this product will groove one of the worst habits you can have as a golfer: too tight a grip pressure. you cannot swing this thing with a good grip pressure. if you swing it right before you play, you will certainly hold the club too tight on the first tee.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

• 4 months later...
how do you make someone a 10 handicap?

start witha a scratch golfer and give them a momentus.

this product will groove one of the worst habits you can have as a golfer: too tight a grip pressure. you cannot swing this thing with a good grip pressure. if you swing it right before you play, you will certainly hold the club too tight on the first tee.

I actually find it to be the exact opposite, seeing as m clubs feel so light after that it feels like i barely have to hold on to them

I like it though due to the extra weight helps ingrain things im working on in my swing

• 11 months later...

I prefer to use a different type of swing trainer called the MOJO from Mojo Sports (http://www.swingthemojo.com). If you use a club swing trainer and your swing is not correct...then you dont help yourself...the mojo is a small weight that is very compact and it strengthens your arms and shoulders so when you make your shot you have the muscles to power the swing