B.O.S. or Slighter Golf? Which is best for putter refinishing and stamping?

kush614 ·  
kush614kush614 Members  980WRX Points: 96Posts: 980 Golden Tee
Hey guys,

Im looking to get my Studio Select Cameron done in a Black Oxide with some custom paintfill and stamping.

I recieved quotes from both place and while B.O.S is cheaper for the finish, Slighter will give me custom paintfill and stamping free of charge. The prices come out to be nearly the same.

One thing i do like about B.O.S is that they offer a Expediated service (10-14) days for only $30 (up to two putters).

Im trying to get this done as fast and cheap as possible but i dont want to sacrafice quality.

What are you guys thoughts or suggestions or maybe other places that offer Black Oxide and stamping that i may have missed?

Thanks as always,
Posted:

Comments

• *sigh**sigh* Go Sun Devils! Members  862WRX Points: 55Posts: 862 Bunkers
    You could PM lamont. He doesn't really do black oxide, but he offers a lot of darker black finishes, most of which are supposedly more durable than black oxide.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • six8guysix8guy Members  275WRX Points: 0Posts: 275
    Check with Kevin Colbert at Colbert Putter Plating. He specializes in putters and does outstanding work for very reasonable prices. He is currently refinishing a Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach 1.5 and a Von's 398 putter for me. He also has a brand new dark stainless finish he offers as an alternative to the matte black oxide finish.

Pictures of new dark stainless finish: http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157606974718428/show/

Link to his website: http://www.putterplating.com/default.asp

Mike image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Posted:
  • thatwasreallypinthatwasreallypin Members  57WRX Points: 0Posts: 57
    Where could you get someone to put a sightline on your putter, for the new newports?
    Posted:
  • six8guysix8guy Members  275WRX Points: 0Posts: 275
    "Where could you get someone to put a sightline on your putter, for the new newports?"

See Post #3 above. If you go to Kevin Colbert's website and click on the "Engraving" tab you will see that he also provides engraving services for sight lines, sight dots, sound slots, custom logos, etc.

Mike image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Posted:
  • indianshaftindianshaft Members  956WRX Points: 0Posts: 956
    That is a nice finish, is it maintenance free or do you have to oil it?
    Posted:
  • arnoldc22arnoldc22 SeattleMembers  386WRX Points: 72Handicap: 9.2Posts: 386 Greens
    indianshaft wrote on Sep 28 2008, 09:17 PM:
    That is a nice finish, is it maintenance free or do you have to oil it?

You should only have to oil a carbon steal putter. The select putters are Stainless so you shouldn't have to oil it to keep the rust off.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.