Does anyone know this Argentum putter? I think I got the deal of the year!

idoc ·  
idocidoc Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
Hey guys, this is my first post though I've been a member for years. I've been buying putters over the last few years, mainly on ebay, usually milled putters.

I saw this listing on ebay: Argentum putter w/ royal grip oversize, item no: 320291090000

It showed 2 pictures of a putter with not much detail. It looks OK.

I cannot find any details about this brand anywhere, so I ask the seller for more details. She sells all sorts of things, but not golf items. She tells me she has no details, except she is selling it for a friend who used to be the CEO of a golf company, now defunct.

There are a lot of warning signs, but I figure no-one else will look at it, so I make a bid. I win it for 99 cents!

The putter arrives today and it is absolutely beautiful. It is absolutely new, is milled from a single block of stainless steel. It has a serial no. on the back of the neck (00305) and on the bottom is engraved 'BC MIROKU MP-350'. It has an insert that is made of soft metal (I think it is brass, I am not sure) and the whole face has very fine curved cross-milling. The shaft is Precision Rifle, the grip is an oversize Royal, and the cover is leather with fur lining. It is heavy, probably more than the 350g it appears to be labelled.

I have some very nice putters (Scotty, Japanese Gauge Design, Whitlam Gauge Design, Sizemore, Bettinardi, Giannini, C&L) and this looks to be up there.

It definitely looks like someone's attempt to make a premium putter.

The only info I can find is that BC Miroku is a Japanese company that normally makes guns.

Does anyone know anything about this putter? I'm pretty happy with the deal I've got! image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• idocidoc Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    Oh yeah ..........
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • arkstormarkstorm Members  1757WRX Points: 5Posts: 1,757 Platinum Tees
    Is it just me or do I get the feeling this guy is trying to stir up some buzz for things he wants to offload?

(See his other post)
    Posted:
  • PurePursuit PurePursuit Members  2237WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,237
    I was wondering about the 4 post count yet only 2 visible in your "first post" thread. That putter is very nice looking at one dollar thats quite a deal.
    Posted:
  • ArafelArafel Members  4279WRX Points: 165Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees
    You picked that up for 99 cents, clearly you were ripped off. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

It looks like a very nice putter. Have you had a chance to roll it?
    Posted:
  • idocidoc Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    Arkstorm, I'm just collecting putters, not selling them! Reading it again, it does sound like a sales pitch, I guess. Just very pleasantly surprised when it came in the post today. I'll game it this weekend and do an update.
    Posted:
  • LP28LP28 Members  279WRX Points: 0Posts: 279
    .99 cents?? How's that even possible image/WTF.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' /> ?? In any event, that's a nice looking putter!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    I would put "Argentum putter" in your title description in the hopes that someone might have more info about this putter.
    Posted:
  • BDLzBDLz DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID! Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    Argentum means "silver" in Latin. Don't know why I know this, but I do.

BDLz
    Posted:
  • doc112doc112 Members  11WRX Points: 0Posts: 11
    Hi, doc. Did you ever find out more about this putter? I got ahold of of also...exactaly the same except mine says '20th Anniversary' on the hosel. Beautiful and great feeling putter. I'd love to know who made it. Seems very high-end.
    Posted:
  • superfacedsuperfaced Members  268WRX Points: 55Posts: 268 Greens
    How do they play?
    Posted:
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    so lemme get this straight..

iDoc (5 posts) and Doc112 (1 post) are the only two members on GolfWRX that have this putter?????

Hmmm...
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]

Advertisement
  • wentorf11wentorf11 Members  437WRX Points: 0Posts: 437
    Pure, I'm sure that's just a coincident.

Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Hey! What's with the sarcasm? Or am I not getting an inside joke? I just joined the forum. I was searching for info on this Argentum and this discussion popped up. The guy I got it from was selling it for a Japanese 'friend' and didn't know anything about it. I can tell you it rolls 'em great in my basement. It is -3 degrees out today in Detroit. I have never rolled it on a green. I look forward to it.

I am not trying to sell it...yet. (I definitely am a bit of a junkie) Also, i did ot get the deal of the century. I did get a nice deal, though

And, I still don't know much about it. Truly beautiful work. Tat's what drew me to it.
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Doc, ignore Pure, he just likes to give people a hard time sometimes. He is a good guy though. Welcome to WRX!
    Posted:
    Thanks...I can do that. Hey, Pure. you interested in this putter?...

Actually, I think I'm keeping it as my backup for those times when the Bettinardi belly is misbehaving.
    Posted:
  • AleftyAlefty Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    Whole thing looks pretty heavy but I'd buy it for a dollar.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members  11487WRX Points: 205Handicap: BabyPosts: 11,487 Titanium Tees
    How much you selling it for?
    Posted:
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    [/font]
  • kiwidavekiwidave Members  802WRX Points: 0Posts: 802
    Argentum Capital Management were a corporate sponsor of the 05 US Open. It's probably a gift they had made and given to special clients they might have invited along for the week. Maybe the number means 35/100 or something along those lines.

Note, this is just a theory, helped by the fact this thread has been on WRX for 6 months and nothing out showed.
    Posted:
  • inertiamonsterinertiamonster Members  526WRX Points: 95Posts: 526 Golden Tee
    If you do a search for B.C. Miroku, the name on the sole, he's an expert shotgun maker in Japan and very highly regarded, weird.
    Posted:
    Believe me, I've done all the same searches. I even called the Argentum financial company and asked if the putter was a promo. They never answered. I did discover that there is an upcoming Indian auto manufacturer and I suspect they may have commissioned these. But where the **** does the shotgun guru,'B. C. Miroku' come form....and '20th anniversary'?

In any case, I'm really liking it. I did not get it for $1, unfortunately, and it is not for sale at this moment.
    Posted:
  • cloudlxcloudlx Members  1031WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,031
    heck, if you wante to sell it I'll give you $2. LOL, good pickup!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Do I hear $3?...

By the way, NOBODY can outputt me...in my basement. Many a putter has shown great promise on those carpets but have not stayed in the bag. Must be the wind out there...
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    Lol at how bad this thread is
    Posted:
    why are we still replying to this?? 99% of us on here wont let anything non-tour/proto/custom/handmade/torched/flamed in our bags anyways!
    Posted:
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    [/font]
    This thread has had a couple of cheesy posts...probably my fault, sorry.

But seriously, I have a feeling this putter IS a special, hand-ground, hand-milled, 'flamed' artist's baby, and I have putted with many exceptional putters. It turns out that the original owner of this one was a 'pro' that gave it to a company to auction...whatever that means.
    Posted:
  • mattl2787mattl2787 Members  1245WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,245
    I'll give you a sleeve of balls for that beast! That'd be a nice profit for you... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    someone please post the dont feed the trolls pic??
    Posted:
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    [/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.